Satcha Pretto Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: La Paz
Famous as: Journalist
Spouse/Ex-: Aaron Butler
father: Rolando Pretto
mother: Liz Padilla
children: Bruce Aaron Butler
awards: 2014 - Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Morning Program in Spanish
SatchaPretto Padilla is known for being one of the elite journalists in the Spanish-speaking media in the United States. Born to a loving and small family in Central America, Satcha made education her first priority, learning English as a small child. After working hard to complete studies in her homeland, Pretto was given a scholarship to a university in the United States. At first, mastering English was a challenge but with effort and dedication, she completed her degree. She then began her career working for a number of local television stations, earning recognition and awards for her hard work and in-depth investigations. She was then promoted to co-host several premiere programs, and continues today to be a nationally recognized news anchor. A rising star in the Latina community, Pretto's personal and business affairs are avidly followed on social media by her legions of fans. Now at the peak of her career, Padilla uses her name, recognition and fame to promote several charitable causes. An avid enthusiast for several disciplines of sport, Pretto has been awarded for her beauty as well as her journalistic endeavors. She currently serves as a spokesperson for several charities as well as an informal ambassador for her homeland
- SatchaPretto Padilla was born on April 5, 1980 in La Paz, Honduras.Her father, Rolando Pretto, was Panamanian and her mother, Liz Padilla, was Honduran. She has one brother who was named Rolando, after their father.
- She grew up in Tegucipalpa, Honduras, studying at the ‘Mayan Elementary School’ followed by ‘Macris High School’, where she took classes in both English and Spanish.
- As a young child, she spent every weekend at her grandparents' house where the entire family watched soccer matches.In 1996, the day before Satcha turned 16 years old, her father died of a heart attack.
- In 1997, Pretto worked for one year as a radio broadcaster for ‘Radio Suprema’ in Tegucipalpa, Honduras. She was still a student when she landed the job.
- She moved to San Angelo, Texas in 1998, and enrolled in ‘Angelo State University’, graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Communications.
- After graduating in 2001, she embarked on her professional careerwith a brief stint in‘KTLE Telemundo’ television channel in Midland-Odessa, Texas. Shortly afterwards, she was selected by the ‘National Association of Hispanic Journalists’ to be part of 'El Noticiero', a prestigious program.
- In 2002, she was hired as a reporter for channel‘KWES’ in Midland-Odessa, Texas.
- In 2003, Pretto was hired by channel KUVN in Dallas, Texas to co-anchor their Spanish-language newscast 'Cinco en Punto'. During this time, she was also featured on CNN as a reporter for 'Anderson Cooper 360' and 'Paula Zahn Now'.
- In 2006, she interviewed the famous Chilean author Isabel Allende. The same year,‘Univision’ hired her to be the co-host of the show 'Primer Impacto'.
- In 2007, she served as the host for Univision's coverage of the ‘Tournament of Roses Parade’, for the first time. The following year,Pretto was selected to be one of a select group of journalists tasked with covering Pope Benedict XVI's tour of the United States.
- On July 18, 2011, she was hired to co-anchor Univision's morning news program 'Despierta America', a position that she continues to hold today.
- Since 2013, Pretto has been a spokesperson for Target stores and has appeared in numerous public campaigns for the company. The same year, she was featured on the cover of 'Eva' magazine.
- Satcha was a part of the 70 member journalist team who were selected to accompany the Pope Benedict XVI,in 2008, during his US visit.She became the first journalist working for a Spanish-language channel in America to be allowed to travel on board the Pope's airplane.
- In 2001, she was awarded first place by the ‘Texas Intercollegiate Press Association’ for her reporting.
- Pretto and her team were awarded an ‘Emmy for Live Special Events Programming for their coverage for the ‘Tournament of Roses Parade’, in 2007.
- In 2007, she was given an individual ‘Emmy’ for best investigative report. In the same year, she was also given an award by the ‘Texas Associated Press Broadcasters’.
- Pretto was chosen as one of the ‘10 Best Dressed Celebrities’, in 2009 by 'People en Espanol'. She was also nominated by 'People en Espanol' in the category of best news presenter.
- She was chosen as one of the ‘50 Most Beautiful People’ by 'People en Espanol' in 2010.
- Pretto is a ‘Smile Ambassador’ for the organization 'Operation Smile' that provides corrective techniques for repairing childhood facial deformities. An avid runner, she even participates in 5K races for various charitable causes.
- In 2013, after a seven-year relationship, Pretto married Aaron Butler in an elaborate ceremony in Barcelona, Spain.
- A year later, in July 2014, their son Bruce Aaron Butler-Pretto was born.
- This famous journalist is bilingual in Spanish and English and speaks conversational French.
- This famous personality is an avid long-distance runner and often competes in marathons. She ran marathons even during her pregnancy, and produced a number of videos online showing safe and healthy techniques to stay in shape while pregnant
How To Cite
People Also Viewed