Ryder Robinson Biography
Ryder Robinson is the son of actress Kate Hudson and her former husband, singer and one-time member of the rock and roll band ‘The Black Crowes,’ Chris Robinson. He was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Through his mother, Ryder is related to actress Goldie Hawn, who is his grandmother, and musician and actor Bill Hudson, who is his grandfather. Actor Kurt Russell is also a quintessential part of Ryder’s life, being Hawn’s partner for the past three decades. When he was three years old, his parents divorced. The court had granted them joint custody, and that was how Ryder was raised for the following ten years. In February 2017, Robinson petitioned the court against the custody agreement and asked for full custody of his son.
- Ryder was born on January 7, 2004, in Los Angeles, California, the United States of America. His mother, Kate Hudson, is an actress known for portraying Penny Lane in ‘Almost Famous’ (2000), Emma Dinsmore in ‘Alex & Emma’ (2003), Andie Anderson in ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ (2003), Liv Lerner in ‘Bride Wars’ (2009), and Erica in ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’. Her most prominent role on the small screen is of Cassandra July in Fox’s musical comedy series ‘Glee’. Ryder’s father, Chris Robinson, was a member of The Black Crowes from 1989 to 2002 and then again, from 2005 to 2015. As a solo artist, he has released five studio albums to date, including ‘New Earth Mud’ (2002) and ‘This Magnificent Distance’ (2004).
- Hudson and Robinson married on December 31, 2000, and divorced on October 22, 2007. However, they sought and were granted joint custody of Ryder. In the ensuing years, while they went on to have relationships and children with other people, they raised him together. Ryder has a half-sister through his father, Cheyenne Genevieve Robinson. Through his mother, he has a half-brother, Bingham Hawn Bellamy, as well as a half-sister, Rani Rose Hudson Fujikawa. In 2018, Hudson revealed in an interview that she feels like a bad mother sometimes. On other days, however, she believes that she should win the best mother awards. There are also those days when she discovers herself doing strange things that do not have any real purpose in the far corners of her house, realising that she is hiding from her children.
- Marking Ryder’s 15th birthday, his mother posted a rare video of him on her Instagram. In the accompanying caption, she gushed about what a good boy he is, stating that it is half nature and half nurture.
- On February 6, 2017, Chris Robinson filed documents in Los Angeles Superior Court in order to reopen the child custody agreement between him and Hudson. Following a reported disagreement with his former wife over her parenting style and seeking to provide more guidance to his son, the musician asked for full custody of his son as well as for child support from his former wife. According to these documents, both parties have consented to go through evaluation interviews and let Ryder to be interviewed to ensure what living condition would suit him the best. Hudson and Robinson agreed to the employment of a court-appointed evaluator to inspect the custody documents on Ryder. This evaluator has been granted permission to access all health and mental health records of both Hudson and Robinson. He can also go through their education, employment, and other similar records to meticulously assess them. Furthermore, the documents reveal that Hudson is required to pay the $7,500 fee for the evaluation. A source close to the family told the US magazine in 2017 that Ryder wished to be with his father.
- As the child of two celebrities, Ryder receives a considerable amount of media coverage. He has been featured on the TV shows ‘Entertainment Tonight’, ‘Extra’, and ‘VH1: All Access’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed