Kate Hudson Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Kate Garry Hudson
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Chris Robinson, Chris Robinson (m. 2000 - div. 2007)
father: Bill Hudson
mother: Goldie Hawn
siblings: Oliver Hudson
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Crossroads School
Kate Hudson is a talented actor, best-known for her role as ‘Penny Lane’ in the Hollywood movie ‘Almost Famous’ which earned her an ‘Academy Award’ nomination. Born into a family of film personalities, she seemed to be destined for limelight from an early age—her mother Goldie Hawn is a famous film actor, while her father Bill Hudson is a comedian. She loved performing from a young age and would jump at any chance to sing and dance on stage. Her parents ensured she received dance lessons, and she also trained at the ‘Santa Monica Playhouse’ as a child. She began acting when she was offered a guest role in the TV drama ‘Party of Five’ in 1996. She was accepted into ‘New York University,’ but Kate was more interested in pursuing a career in show business rather than earning a degree. After acting in some minor films, she landed the role that would prove to be a breakthrough role in her career. She was chosen to play ‘Penny Lane’ in the comedy drama film ‘Almost Famous.’ In spite of being a box office failure, the film received positive reviews from critics and established Kate as an actor in the American film industry.
- Kate Hudson was born on 19 April 1979, in Los Angeles, California, USA, to Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson. Her parents divorced when she was very young. She was raised by her mother and her mother’s long-term partner Kurt Russell. She is of mixed descent.
- She attended ‘Crossroads Performing Arts’ high school in Santa Monica and graduated in 1997. She also attended summer training at the renowned ‘Williamstown Theater Festival’ in Massachusetts.
- She enrolled at ‘Tisch School of the Arts’ at ‘New York University’ but chose to drop out in order to pursue a career in acting.
- She began her television career in 1996 when she landed the role of ‘Cory’ in an episode of the teen drama television series ‘Party of Five.’ The following year, she appeared in an episode of the television drama series ‘EZ Streets.’
- In one of her first film roles, she appeared as a rising Hollywood starlet in the comedy drama ‘Desert Blue’ in 1998. However, the movie did not do much to help her career.
- She got an opportunity to be a part of the ensemble cast of the comedy drama film ‘200 Cigarettes’ in 1999. The cast included actors like Ben Affleck, Courtney Love, Paul Rudd, and Elvis Costello. Unfortunately, the film was a flop.
- She received her big break in 2000 when she landed the role of ‘Penny Lane’ in the comedy drama ‘Almost Famous.’ In spite of not being a box office hit, the movie was highly acclaimed by the critics and Kate won several awards and nominations.
- Kate’s popularity increased after appearing in ‘Almost Famous.’ Subsequently, she was bombarded with film offers. She appeared in several movies within the next couple of years. Some of these films include ‘About Adam’ (2000), ‘The Cutting Room’ (2001), and ‘The Four Feathers’ (2002).
- She played ‘Andie Anderson’ in the romantic comedy film ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ in 2003. The movie was a commercial success and earned her several award nominations.
- By now, she had established herself as a bankable actor. She then played a successful model named ‘Helen’ in the 2004 film ‘Raising Helen’ which was a box office hit.
- She acted in ‘Fool’s Gold’ and ‘My Best Friend’s Girl’ in 2008. Both the films received negative reviews, and Kate was nominated for the ‘Golden Raspberry Award’ for ‘Worst Actress’ for both these roles.
- After these failures, she became more careful in choosing her roles and appeared in the romantic comedy ‘Bride Wars’ and musical romance ‘Nine’ in 2009. The former was a huge commercial hit, while the latter was critically acclaimed; she received several award nominations for both.
- She portrayed ‘Amy Stanton,’ the girlfriend of a sadistic serial killer, in the crime thriller ‘The Killer Inside Me’ (2010). The film was based on the novel of the same name by Jim Thompson.
- Her other films include ‘Something Borrowed’ (2011), ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ (2013), and ‘Clear History’ (2013).
- From 2015 to 2017, she was cast in many films, such as ‘Good People,’ ‘Rock the Kasbah,’ ‘Mother's Day,’ ‘Deepwater Horizon,’ and ‘Marshall.’
- Meanwhile, she also voiced the character of ‘Mei Mei’ in the animated film ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ in 2016.
- In 2018, she was cast to play an important role in an American fantasy film titled ‘Mona Lisa and the Blood Moon.’
- She is best-known for her role in ‘Almost Famous.’ Her role as ‘Penny Lane’ turned out to be a major breakthrough in her career. After being appreciated for her role and winning numerous awards, she went on to become a well-established actor.
- She was presented with various awards for her role as ‘Penny Lane’ in ‘Almost Famous.’ Some of these awards include ‘Golden Globe Award’ for ‘Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture,’ ‘Broadcast Film Critics Association Award’ for ‘Breakthrough Artist,’ and ‘Kansas City Film Critics Circle Award’ for ‘Best Supporting Actress.’
- In 2000, she married Chris Robinson, the frontman of ‘The Black Crowes,’ and had a son with him. Kate and Chris divorced in 2007.
- She was in a relationship with singer Matthew Bellamy. The couple got engaged and had a son together. They broke off their engagement in 2014.
- She then started dating Danny Fujikawa with whom she has a daughter.
- She was named one of the ‘50 Most Beautiful People in the World’ by ‘People’ magazine in 2000.
- She loves writing music and playing the guitar.
Kate Hudson Movies
1. Almost Famous (2000)
(Adventure, Comedy, Music, Drama)
2. Cutlass (2007)
(Drama, Comedy, Short)
3. Deepwater Horizon (2016)
(Action, Drama, Thriller)
4. Marshall (2017)
5. The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2012)
6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)
7. A Little Bit of Heaven (2011)
(Fantasy, Drama, Comedy, Romance)
8. Wish I Was Here (2014)
|2001||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture||Almost Famous (2000)|
|2009||Favorite Leading Lady||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed