Ronald Joseph Radke is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Being the founding member of ‘Falling in Reverse’ a popular American rock band, he is also the lead vocalist, guitarist and keyboardist for the band. Born in Las Vegas, Nevada, in the United States, Radke had a rough childhood. He sought solace in music and learned to play piano and guitar. He formed several bands during his high school and started writing songs during his teenage years, which included ‘Listen Up’ and ‘Besides the Issues.’ His band ‘Falling in Reverse’ was formed during his early twenties, with the help of Nason Schoeffler, a close friend. A few years later, they released their debut studio album ‘The Drug in Me is You’. The album was a huge success, reaching number 19 in the US Billboard 200. Over the next few years Radke, with ‘Falling in Reverse,’ released three more successful full-length studio albums. Despite having earned both name and fame, Radke has also gained notoriety for his involvement with violent incidents. Radke was once arrested for being involved in an altercation, which resulted in the shooting of a teenage boy. He was sentenced to four years in prison. However, he was released after two and a half years.
- Ronald Joseph Radke was born on 15 December 1983, in St Rose Hospital at Las Vegas, Nevada, in the United States. His mother abandoned the family when he was young, and he grew up with his father, grandmother, and elder brother. They family was poor financially, so he faced several hardships while growing up.Having an interest in music from an early age, Radke learned to play the guitar and the piano as a young boy. His interest in music was so great that he had to run away from home to take part in his first band. During his high school days, he formed several bands, as well as performed at various shows at different venues.During this time, he also formed friendships with several musicians. Some of the early songs he composed during his teenage years include ‘Beside the Issues’ and ‘The Worst Time’.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- In 2004, Ronnie Radke formed the band ‘Escape the Fate’ which also included Max Green, Robert Ortiz and Omar Espinosa. Their career was launched after they won a radio contest which was judged by My Chemical Romance.Because of some personal issues with his band, Radke decided to form a new band in late 2006. With the help of his friend Nason Schoeffler, he formed a band named ‘Behind the Walls’. Later it was renamed to ‘Falling in Reverse’. In 2008, Radke was arrested and he spent some time in prison. He was released in December 2010.He resumed his work with Falling in Reverse and the band’s first album ‘The Drug in Me Is You’ was released on 26 July 2011 through Epitaph Records. The album was a huge success, peaking at Number 19 on the US Billboard 200. It also appeared on the top albums charts in several other countries, such as Australia, Canada and the UK.In May 2012, Radke made an announcement that he was working on his second studio album. After the launch of his YouTube channel in 2013, he released a solo song ‘The Fairweather Fans’. Soon after the release of his second song ‘What Up Earth?’, his band’s second album ‘Fashionably Late’ was released in June 2013.The band’s third and fourth albums ‘Just Like You’ and ‘Coming Home’ were released in February 2015 and April 2017 respectively. Both the works were moderately successful.Major Works
- ’Escape the Fate EP’ which was the first professional work of Ronnie Radke’s career with the band of the same name. It contained six songs, including ‘Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliché’, ‘Chariot of Fire’, and ‘As You’re Falling Down.’’Dying Is Your Latest Fashion’, a studio album produced by Epitaph Records, in which Radke worked on with the band ‘Escape the Fate’ was released on October 3, 2006. The album contained a total of nine songs including ‘Reverse this Curse’, Cellar Door’, and ‘Friends and Alibis’. Peaking at Number 12 on the US Top Heatseekers and at Number 19 on the US Top Independent Albums, the album can be considered as one of Radke’s most successful works. It received mostly positive reviews.’The Drug in Me is You’, produced by Epitaph Records, was the first album of Radke’s band ‘Falling in Reverse’. The album, which was released on 26 July 2011, had eleven songs, including ‘Tragic Magic’, ‘The Drug in Me is You’, ‘I’m Not a Vampire’, and ‘Pick Up The Phone’. The album was a huge success, peaking at number 19 in the US Billboard 200. It sold 18,000 copies within its first week itself. It also found huge popularity in other countries such as Australia and Canada.’Fashionably Late,’ another ‘Falling in Reverse’ album produced by Epitaph Records, is another one among the significant works of Radke. It contained a total of 12 tracks, including ‘Champion’, ‘Bad Girls Club’, Alone’, ‘Fashionably Late’, and ‘It’s Over When It’s Over’. Like his previous work, it also became a huge success, and peaked at Number 17 at the US Billboard 200. It became popular in Australia and UK as well, peaking at Number 20 at the Australian Albums Chart, and at Number 75 at the UK Albums Chart.’Coming Home’ is Radke’s most recent studio album with ‘Falling in Reverse’. Produced by Epitaph Records, the album was released in April 2017. With 11 songs including ‘Coming Home’, ‘I Hate Everyone’, ‘Straight to Hell’, and ‘The Departure’, the album peaked at number 34 at the US Billboard 200. Reviews were mostly positive.Awards & Achievements
- Ronnie Radke was named among Revolver Magazine’s 100 Greatest Living Rockstars (2011) and Kerrang magazine’s 50 greatest Rock Stars in the World Today (2012).Personal Life & Legacy
- Ronnie Radke was once engaged to Crissy Henderson, with whom he has a daughter named Willow Grace Radke. However, their relationship ended when he confessed to have cheated on her. Since 2015, he has been dating Caroline Burt.
How To CiteArticle Title- Ronnie Radke BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/ronnie-radke-32572.phpLast Updated- May 01, 2017
People Also Viewed