Rohan Marley Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Rohan Anthony Marley
Born in: Kingston, Jamaica
Famous as: Bob Marley’s Son
Height: 1.73 m
Spouse/Ex-: Miami Palmetto Senior High School, University of Miami
father: Bob Marley
mother: Janet Hunt
siblings: Cedella Marley, Damian Marley, Julian Marley, Ky-Mani Marley, Sharon Marley, Stephen Marley, Ziggy Marley
children: Eden Marley, John Nesta Marley, Joshua Omaru Marley, Nico Marley, Sarah Marley, Selah Louise Marley, Zion David Marley
City: Kingston, Jamaica
education: Miami Palmetto Senior High School, University of Miami
Rohan Anthony Marley is an entrepreneur, former American footballer, and son of world-famous late reggae artist Bob Marley. He played as a linebacker for the University of Miami football team when he was a student there. He played professional football in the Canadian Football League later on. He has also tried his hand in fashion and founded the Tuff Gong clothing line. Along with this, he founded his own brand of organic coffee in Jamaica. Rohan Marley has acted in a few movies like ‘One Cup of Coffee’, ‘Motherland’ and ‘Africa Roadtrip’ as well. In 2012, he came up with a new business idea and brought in a new range of eco-friendly headphones in Las Vegas. Along with his successful businesses, Marley also takes time out to run the family’s charity work. He was once in a relationship with musician Lauryn Hill and together they have five children.
- Rohan Marley played football for the University of Miami as a linebacker alongside Dwayne Johnson, Warren Sapp, and Ray Lewis. He also led the Hurricanes team with 95 tackles in 1993. Later, he received the opportunity to play professional football in the Canadian Football League with the team Ottawa Rough Riders which is defunct now.
- Rohan Marley co-founded Marley Coffee in 2009. Marley Coffee is an organic coffee plantation and ‘sustainable’ farming business that is established in Jamaica’s Blue Mountains. Even though the business is established in Jamaica, majority of the coffee comes from Ethiopia. In 2011, Marley Coffee was made public under the name Jammin Java Corp (OTC: JAMN).
- In January 2012, Marley came up with a new business idea and advertised a new ‘House of Marley’ range of eco-friendly headphones at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. He also takes care of the family’s charitable organisation ‘1Love’. Along with these, he has been running the Tuff Gong Clothing Company as well.
- Marley has made appearances in some movies, such as ‘One Cup of Coffee’ (2009), ‘Motherland’ (2010), ‘Marley Africa Roadtrip’ (2011). He was also seen in the videos of a few songs like ‘To Zion’ and ‘Selah’.
- Rohan Marley was born on 19th May 1972 in Kingston, Jamaica. He is the son of legendary reggae artist Bob Marley and Jane Hunt. He used to live with his father’s first wife Rita and then went on to live with Bob Marley’s mother after his father died of cancer in 1981.
- He graduated from Miami Palmetto Senior High School in 1991. On 18th March 1993, Marley married his then girlfriend Geraldine Khawly while he was still in college. Together they had a daughter, Eden, and also a son, Nico. In 2017, Nico played as a linebacker at Tulane and was signed by the Washington Redskins.
- In 1996, Marley met the musician Lauryn Hill and the couple have five children together: Zion David, Selah Louise, Joshua Omaru, John Nesta, and Sarah. Marley’s relationship with Hill ended in 2009. In 2013, Hill served a three-month prison sentence for tax evasion during which period Marley took custody of the five children.
- Even though Marley never married Hill, she kept referring to him as her husband for many years. As per the American biweekly magazine ‘Rolling Stone,’ Marley never divorced Khawly. But in 2011, he cleared everything up by producing a Haitian divorce decree which showed the proof that he had divorced Khawly in 1996.
- He was once briefly engaged to Brazilian supermodel Isabeli Fontana, but the engagement did not last long and ended in 2013.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed