Riley Roberts Biography
Riley Roberts is an American web developer and technology consultant. He is also known as the boyfriend of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, an American politician and activist who has been serving as the US representative for New York's 14th congressional district since January 2019. A ‘Boston University’ alumnus with degrees in sociology and business administration, Roberts works as a consultant, primarily for start-ups. He is exceptionally skilled in various aspects of business consultation, such as digital marketing, user-experience design, and conversion optimization. Roberts implements the best practices to promote start-ups across the internet, which in turn earn valuable clients and help the companies generate more revenue. Robert and Alexandria have been together since their university days. Theirs is a low-key relationship, and the two have rarely been photographed together as a couple. However, he has often been spotted beside Alexandria in her political campaigns. Due to this, there has been a lot of confusion regarding their relationship, as Roberts has often appeared to be just a supporter of Alexandria’s campaigns and not her boyfriend.
- Roberts attended 'Boston University' and obtained his BA degree in sociology. Roberts also obtained a BS degree in business administration and management from 'Boston University’s ‘Questrom School of Business.' He graduated in 2012.
- On April 24, 2010, Roberts spoke at a 'TED Talk' event that had the theme 'To Epiphany & Beyond.’ However, the speech is not available anywhere on the internet.
- Soon after graduating from 'Boston University,' in 2012, Roberts began working as a UX growth consultant at 'Riley UX.' Based in the Greater New York City area, Roberts’s growth consultancy helps SaaS (Software as a Service) and subscription start-ups increase their revenue. He also contributes to the web development of his firm.
- After a year with his company, Roberts shifted his focus to working independently for subscription start-ups. He realized that working for start-ups was the best way to showcase his potential in the field.
- In January 2014, Roberts joined 'HomeBinder' as its head of marketing. This Greater Boston-based company is an online home-management platform for modern homeowners. As the company’s head of marketing, Roberts is responsible for their website’s content and social-media marketing strategies. Roberts is also part of the founding team of this bootstrapped SaaS startup and has contributed a lot to the growth of the company. In 2017, Roberts received certificates for conversion funnel and e-commerce marketing, both issued by 'DigitalMarketer,' a premier online community for digital-marketing professionals. Over the years, Roberts has mostly worked with start-ups and has helped them grow on various social-media platforms. Roberts primarily focuses on assisting growing firms by generating more clients, customers, and revenue for them. In his career span, he has worked with over 60 start-ups to improve their landing pages, digital-marketing strategies, and user-experience design. Robert always works toward delivering the best results for his clients.
- Roberts met his girlfriend Alexandria for the first time while studying at ‘Boston University.' She once revealed that they met at a Friday conversation hosted by the dean of the university.
- Roberts is from Arizona, while Alexandria lived in New York. Roberts later moved to his girlfriend’s city to be with her, and they began living together in a one-bedroom apartment located in the Parkchester neighborhood of the Bronx. The two later moved to Washington, DC, when Alexandria was contesting for the congressional position.
- Roberts and his girlfriend have always kept their relationship a secret. They do not reveal much about their personal lives. Roberts has often been considered a campaign volunteer to Alexandria, as he has been photographed with her in the campaign trails quite a few times. The popular tabloid 'DailyMail' once published an article in which Roberts was referred to as a campaign volunteer rather than Alexandria’s boyfriend. The article had a picture that showed Alexandria hugging Roberts.
- Roberts is also sometimes mistaken for the well-known American speechwriter with the same name. Interestingly, apart from sharing the same name, both sport similar hairstyles and hair color, which only adds to the confusion.
- Since Roberts and Alexandria have always been secretive about their relationship, the media implements unethical ways to find more about them. Alexandria once revealed through a "tweet" that Ruth Styles, a senior 'DailyMail' reporter, had visited Roberts’s relatives a few times to extract information about her. The reporter had also offered cash for the favor. Their relationship was first confirmed through a profile of Alexandria featured in a ‘Vogue’ article.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed