Rebecca Broussard Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: Louisville, Kentucky
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Alex Kelly (m. 2001), Richard Perry (m. 1987; div. 1988)
children: Lorraine Nicholson, Ray Nicholson
Partner: Jack Nicholson (1989–1994)
U.S. State: Kentucky
City: Louisville, Kentucky
Rebecca Broussard is an American actor and model who is best known for her affair with American superstar Jack Nicholson. Born and raised in Kentucky, she always wanted to become an actor. After finishing college, she arrived in Los Angeles to start her acting career. Initially, she worked at nightclubs and did other petty jobs to make ends meet. She ended up making her acting debut with the 1988 film ‘Die Hard,’ playing a small role. She also played supporting roles in films such as ‘Mars Attacks!’ and ‘The Two Jakes.’ However, she was best known for her affair with actor Jack Nicholson while he dated Anjelica Huston. The affair ended on a bad note, but before that, she had given birth to two of Jack’s children, Lorraine and Raymond. The couple parted ways in 1994, and following that, Rebecca became troubled. She was caught for drunk driving and erratic behavior quite a few times. Her affair with Jack has been one of the key media highlights in the early 1990s and even later.
- Rebecca Broussard was born in Louisville, Kentucky, US, on January 3, 1963. She aspired to become an actor ever since she was a child.
- Rebecca finished her early education from her hometown and went to the ‘University of Louisville’ for her college education. She finished college and immediately started pursuing a career in the world of entertainment, beginning her journey with modeling.
- She auditioned and bagged several modeling assignments. She also appeared in several magazines and print advertisements. In the mid-1980s, she moved to Los Angeles to begin her acting career. Before she signed her first film as an actor, she did odd jobs to make ends meet.
- She worked as a server at ‘Helena’s Hollywood,’ a nightclub. She also appeared in many TV commercials, mainly to sustain her lifestyle in a city as big as Los Angeles. She also continued to audition for better roles.
- Toward the late 1980s, she found her stepping stone in the acting world. She was offered a small role in the Bruce Willis-starrer ‘Die Hard.’
- Her debut film, ‘Die Hard,’ released in 1988 and became an immediate hit. Over time, it became a cult classic that established Bruce Willis as one of the greatest action heroes of all time. The film featured Rebecca in a small role. However, she benefitted from the thunderous success of the film all over the world.
- She then appeared in the film ‘The Two Jakes,’ which starred Jack Nicholson in the lead role. The film was a sequel to Jack’s classic hit ‘Chinatown.’ Jack and Rebecca had started dating by then, and it was speculated that Rebecca got the role because of Jack. She played the role of ‘Gladys’ in the film and appeared in a few key scenes. Although the film managed to garner decent reviews, it did not work at the box office.
- In 1992, she appeared in ‘Man Trouble,’ a film that had Jack Nicholson as its lead. Rebecca played a small role in the film. Unfortunately, the film was a critical and commercial failure. Additionally, her acting skills were not considered good enough for the filmmakers to cast her in their films.
- In 1992, Jack Nicholson ventured into the production of a straight-to-video film titled ‘Blue Champagne.’ The film featured Rebecca as ‘Rachel,’ one of the leading characters. The film was not received well and is known as one of the biggest failures of actor Jack Nicholson’s career.
- It took Rebecca three more years to bag another film. In 1995, she appeared in the independent film ‘French Exit’ and played a supporting role in it. The same year, she appeared in a B-film titled ‘Point of Betrayal’ and played ‘Monet Fletcher,’ one of its key characters. The film did not receive a good release.
- In 1996, Rebecca appeared in the first big-budget film of her career, the science-fiction adventure film ‘Mars Attacks!’ The film was directed by esteemed director Tim Burton and starred Jack Nicholson in the lead role. Rebecca played an unnamed minor character in the film.
- Later in the year, Rebecca appeared in the most crucial acting role of her career so far. She played ‘Rebecca Lerner’ in the film ‘Cannes Man,’ which was an independent experimental comedy. Although the film was released as a straight-to-video film in many countries, it was highly talked-about due to its numerous celebrity cameos.
- In 1998, she turned to voice-acting and lent her voice to the character ‘Sylvia Linsky’ for a video game named ‘Tex Murphy: Overseer.’ The same year, she appeared as an unnamed American woman in the independent film ‘Spanish Fly.’
- Later in the year, she appeared in the comedy film ‘Ringmaster,’ starring Jerry Springer in the lead role. The film received negative reviews from critics and was also a box-office disaster.
- In 2000, she starred in her last acting project to date. She appeared as herself in the Richard Martini-directed experimental short film ‘Camera.’ Since then, she has kept herself busy with other work and has given up acting.
- Rebecca Broussard initially dated small-time director Richard Perry right after she landed in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s. They got married in 1987. However, the marriage ended in a divorce in 1988.
- Soon, Rebecca met Jack Nicholson through one of their common friends. However, reports also claimed that Rebecca was a good friend of Jack’s daughter, Jennifer, and that she had used her friendship with Jack’s daughter to get to Jack. However, she denied such reports and claimed that a common friend was responsible for their first meeting.
- Jack was known as a womanizer and was in a serious relationship with actor Anjelica Huston at the time. Despite that, he immediately clicked with Rebecca. The couple started dating soon.
- Jack also welcomed Rebecca to his house, and they started living together. Rebecca gave birth to two of Jack’s children: their daughter, Lorraine, and their son, Raymond. Jack used his contacts to get a few roles for Rebecca. However, the couple began drifting apart soon after.
- The couple separated in 1994, after five years of being together. Rebecca gained the custody of her children. Her relationship with Jack is known as one of the most high-profile Hollywood love affairs of all time.
- Rebecca met actor Alex Kelly in the early 2000s and got married to him in 2001.
- Rebecca is known to have severe issues related to alcoholism and anger management. She has been in the news quite a few times for drunk driving and for being rowdy in public places.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed