Rachel Levin Bio
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: RCLBeauty101
Born in: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Famous as: YouTuber, Beauty Guru
mother: Debra Levin
siblings: Daniella Levin
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
education: Lower Merion High School and Penn State Brandywine
Rachel Levin is an American social media personality famous for her YouTube channel named "Rclbeauty101". She started out as a beauty guru and soon started posting DIY, Fashion, Food, and Lifestyle videos. She is very famous for her funny videos, particularly her Expectations vs. Reality series. In September 2011, at the age of 16, she was featured on an article in The Wall Street Journal, along with other top beauty gurus on YouTube. In late 2015, Zefr ranked her on the top of their list of social media influencers under 21 not only based on the strength of her fan base, but also taking into account the way she interacts with her fans. In 2015, she was nominated for the "Teen Choice Awards" in the category "Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty" and for the "Streamy Awards" in two categories, "Breakout Creator" and "Lifestyle". The next year, she was nominated for the 8th annual "Shorty Awards" in the "YouTube Guru" category. In May 2016, she was featured on the cover of the Adweek magazine. She has appeared on television as a guest on The Steve Harvey Show and NBC's The Today Show.
- Rachel Levin, who was less interested in outdoor activities and sports as a teenager, started watching YouTube videos extensively at the age of 15. She became so obsessed with beauty and makeup tutorials on YouTube that she often pretended to be a beauty guru herself while applying makeup in front of the mirror. Once she realized that what she is performing in front of the mirror can be filmed to make a YouTube video, she did exactly that. Thus, her first video, "How To... Conceal Under Eye Dark Circles", came out on December 15, 2010. From there on, she continued to post on a regular basis content that her subscribers enjoyed. Other than beauty tutorials, she also posted comic videos based on teenage expectations and lifestyle, which earned her a huge teenage following, increasing her subscribers count rapidly. Her channel "Rclbeauty101" currently has over 11 million subscribers.Recommended Lists:
- The one quality that has probably been most effective in sky-rocketing Rachel Levin's popularity is her ability to understand what her fans want and cater to their wishes generously. She is also good at finding her own niche despite a plethora of content on similar topics already available on YouTube. Right from the beginning, she focused on creating videos for specific groups of audience for which only a few videos were available online. She released her very first video on covering dark circles, targeting the teenage audience, after she failed to find similar content on YouTube. She also often makes DIY videos to teach her fans to make their own cheap makeup products. Rachel is well-known for her sense of humor; it can be argued that her makeup tutorials alone would not have made her so popular. She also doesn't shy away from talking about serious issues through her videos. She released a video titled "I Am Ugly", which brought to surface women's insecurities about their bodies, especially at an early age. For fans who have met her personally, she is one of the most down-to-earth social media stars.Recommended Lists:
- Rachel Levin's channel became the fastest growing YouTube channel in the world in August 2015. In fact, she earned about 6 million subscriptions within one year. After she released the video “If Google Was on Summer Break”, it received over 2 million views within the first 25 hours. She often creates sponsored videos for renowned brands, which add up to her earnings from the numerous views she receives. However, she is reluctant to reveal her income, tactfully stating that doctors or lawyers do not reveal their income. She has collaborated with several fellow YouTube stars on many videos. She worked with beauty guru Chelsea Crockett, known for her channel "BeautyLiciousInsider", and has appeared on Siena Mirabella's YouTube channel "BeautyBySiena".Recommended Lists:
- Rachel Claire Levin was born on February 24, 1995, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her father is a physician, while her mother is a lawyer. She has five siblings, including two step-siblings. Her sister Daniella Levin first appeared on her "Sister Tag" video in April 2012 and can often be seen in her other videos. Her mother appeared for the first time on her channel in 2014. Rachel was part of the cheerleading team in Lower Merion High School. She attended Penn State Brandywine, but dropped out after a year. She later decided to pursue an online course. Since 2013, she was in a relationship with Isaac Nakash, who often appeared on her videos. In November 2016, she issued a statement on her Twitter account revealing to her fans that they separated amicably. Her followers are known as Levinators.
- Rachel Levin often holds contests for her fans and gives away pricey prizes including iPhones.
Rachel Levin Fans Also Viewed