Park Hae-Jin is a well-known South Korean actor. He is best recognized as Yeon Ha-nam from ‘Famous Chil Princesses’. He has had a successful acting career since the age of 23. He has appeared in a number of TV series like ‘Like Land and Sky’, ‘Love’s Relativity’, ‘Doctor Stranger’, ‘Bad Guys’, ‘Cheese in The Trap’, and many more. In addition to that, he has also played lead roles in major movies including ‘The Rhythm of Chopsticks’ and ‘Snow Is On The Sea’. He has also worked in several television series, music videos and other shows. Park is widely known for his charitable nature and for his contribution towards the betterment of the society. He has been felicitated for the same on numerous occasions. His charming and happy nature makes him a favorite of the audience, especially the women. He has not only impressed fans in his home country, but also garnered worldwide recognition because of his phenomenal performance in ‘Far Away Love’.
- Park Hae-jin was born on May 1, 1983 in the Busan region of South Korea. His parents separated when he was quite young.Not much is known about his early life. He moved back with his mother after being away from her for more than 17 years.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Park Hae-Jin started his career at the age of 23. His made his debut in 2006 as Yeon-Ha nam in the KBS TV series ‘Famous Chil Princesses’. His perfection in the series earned him instant recognition and he became a household name in a short time.In 2007, he appeared as Jung Moo-young in ‘Like Land and Sky’, followed by ‘East of Eden’ in 2008 where he appeared as Shin Myung-hoon. He also became an ambassador promoting various social causes and awareness regimes.In 2009, Park appeared as Ha Ryu in ‘Hot Blood’. His acting received critical acclaim and he won many accolades for his brilliant performance. He also appeared in the entertainment show, ‘Family Outing’. He made a brief guest appearance in the movie ‘The Rhythm of Chopsticks’.Slowly, he started giving preference to more artistic roles instead of mainstream commercial role. In 2011, he appeared as Xu Fei in ‘Qian Duo Duo Marry Remember’. Since he was on the peak of his career, Park also focused on charity. Having had a rough childhood, Park always encouraged and donated large sums of money to help people in need.His philanthropy brought him into more of a spotlight, making him one of the most famous actors of his time. In 2012, he acted in ‘Another Kind of Splendid Life’and ‘Seoyoung My Daughter’.In 2013, he appeared in ‘Love’s Relativity’ and ‘My Love From the Star’. He also narrated the documentary ‘Little Big Hero’.In 2014, Park took up more challenging roles in quite a diverse genre of films and series. He appeared in ‘Bad Guys’ and his performance was widely appreciated. He also appeared in ‘Doctor Stranger’.Continue Reading BelowIn 2016, Park showed his acting mettle in ‘Cheese in the Trap’. He became one of the most loved actors of his country and his boy-next-door image from the romantic series was widely appreciated. He also appeared in a web series titled ‘First Seven Kisses’.His future ventures include ‘Man to Man’ and ‘Four Men’. In addition to that, he has also appeared in music videos including ‘#Like and Love…...It’s Painful’ by Fiestar and ‘The Way’ respectively.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Right from the start of his career, Park has had a remarkable sense of social awareness. He has helped people on such a scale that he has been dubbed as ‘the donation angel’. Since 2011, he has donated over 1.5 million dollars to charities around the world.He has taken up a number of awareness programs and roles as ambassadors to promote healthy living. In 2007, Park was the Ambassador for the ‘Non-Smoking and Non-Drinking Campaign’.In 2008, he was named the Ambassador for Financial Savings. He was also named the Promotional Ambassador for the Youth Smoking Prevention Campaign and the Culture Fund Promotion Ambassador in 2012.In 2014, he was named the Promotional Ambassador for Mu Qin Shui Jia at the Beijing Hua Bo Hospital. For his service to the people, he was awarded with the ‘Civil Public Welfare Award’ in the same year.Park has also worked for a number of charities and social causes volunteering at children’s centers, elderly homes and community services in Korea.Continue Reading BelowAwards & Achievements
- Having been in the acting industry for 11 years, Park Hae-Jin has a number of accomplishments to his name. In 2006, which was his debut year, Park won the KBS Drama Awards in the Best New Actor Category. He also won an award with his co-star Lee Tae-ran in ‘Famous Chil Princesses’, in the category of Best Couple.At the 43rd Baeksang awards in 2007, he won the Best New Actor award for his performance in his debut TV series ‘Famous Chil Princesses’. In the same year, he won the Excellence Award for Actor in a Daily Drama and the Best Couple Award with his co-star Han Hyo-joo at KBS Drama Awards for ‘Like Land and Sky’.In 2008, he was named as the Best New Actor at the MBC Drama Awards for his series ‘East of Eden’. In the following year, he was honoured with the Popular Star Award at the 4th Asia Model Awards. For his series ‘Hot Blood’, he was nominated for the Excellence Award for Actor in a Mid-Length Drama at the KBS Drama Awards.In 2012, he was nominated for KBS Drama Awards as Best Supporting Actor for ‘My Daughter Seo-young’. He won the Best Asia Star Award at the 2012 LETV Film & Drama Awards.In 2014, ‘My Love from the Star’ earned him 3 nominations: Excellence Award, Actor at the &th Korea Drama Awards, Excellence Awards, Actor in Miniseries at 3rd APAN Star Awards and Excellence Award, Actor in Drama Special at SBS Drama Awards. He also won the 7th Style Icons Award.In 2015 and 2016, Park won Top Excellence Award and KDA Award for his performance in ‘Bad Guys’. He also received Actor of the Year, Best Artist Award and Best Actor in Miniseries award for ‘Cheese in The Trap’.Personal Life
- Park Hae-jin had a rough childhood since his parents divorced when he was quite young. After 17 years of separation, he moved back with his mother.He had stated on numerous occasions that he would get married at the age of 35. Since he turns 35 in 2017, he has revealed a pact he made with one of his ex-girlfriends about getting married, if neither of them were married by 2017. This statement has furthered his status as a heartthrob.
How To CiteArticle Title- Park Hae-Jin BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/park-hae-jin-34197.phpLast Updated- September 22, 2017
People Also Viewed