Ji Chang-wook Biography
Ji Chang-wook is a South Korean actor who first gained fame for his role in 'Smile Again', a South Korean drama series where he played the lead role. He is also known for his role in the South Korean thriller film 'Fabricated City', which was a huge commercial success. After playing small roles in many television series, he played his first major role in 'Smile Again', a South Korean drama series. Directed by Kim Myung-wook and Mo Wan-il, the series was a success and won multiple awards. For his role of a short track speed skater, he had to train around four to five hours at the ice rink every day. Other works that earned him fame include his appearance in the TV series 'Warrior Baek Dong-soo' where he played the lead role. The series won multiple awards. He also played a supporting role in the TV series 'Empress Ki', which earned a lot of popularity worldwide. Undoubtedly one of the most popular actors of South Korea, Ji Chang-wook has won several significant awards throughout his career such as the 'China TV Drama Award' and the 'Annual DramaFever Award'.
- Ji Chang-wook was born on 5th July 1987, in Anyang, Gyeonggi Province, in South Korea. He lost his father when he was in elementary school. Therefore he was raised by his single mother, who used to work hard in a restaurant to support herself and her son.While Ji was still in high school, he wanted to be an engineer. After he completed his schooling, he made up his mind to become an actor. Even though he loved and respected his mother a lot and never went against her words, when she opposed his decision to become an actor, he went against her for the first time.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Ji Chang-wook initially worked in the musical theatre, appearing in numerous musical theatre productions. Though he played a few roles in TV and films, it was only in 2010 that he gained fame for his appearance in the South Korean TV drama series ‘Smile Again’, which starred him in the lead role. The series was a success and won him the ‘KBS Drama Award’.In 2011, he played the titular character in the South Korean TV series ‘Warrior Baek Dong-soo’. Directed by Lee Hyun-jik and Kim Hong-sun, the series aired from July to October. It won multiple awards. The same year, he also played the lead role in the series ‘Bachelor’s Vegetable Store’.He played his first villain role in the 2012 TV series ‘Five Fingers’. Directed by Choi Hyeong-hun, the story revolved around a pianist’s revenge on a family that tried to destroy his dreams.He earned huge acclaim for his role in the TV series ‘Empress Ki’, where he played one of the main roles. The series was a success, and won several awards. It was also broadcast in several countries such as Vietnam, Poland, and Sri Lanka.Other works that gained him popularity over the years include the action thriller TV series ‘Healer’ (2014-15), and ‘The K2’ (2016).Ji’s first major film was ‘Fabricated City’, a South Korean crime film, which starred him in the lead role. The film was a commercial success and earned him a nomination for the ‘Baeksang Arts Award.’He has also appeared in several variety shows such as ‘Running Man’ and ‘Happy Camp’. His most recent work on TV is the series ‘Suspicious Partner’, where he played an important role.Major Works
- Ji Chang-wook played the lead role in the South Korean TV series ‘Warrior Baek Dong-soo’. Directed by Lee Hyun-jik and Kim Hong-sun, the series aired in 2011 from July to October. Based on a comic book of the same name by Lee Jae-Heon, the series revolved around the struggles faced by Baek Dong-soo to become a skilled swordsman and a folk hero. The series was a success and won multiple awards.He earned much popularity for his role in the TV series ‘Empress Ki’. Directed by Han Hee and Lee Sung-joon, the series revolved around a woman Gi Seungnyang and her rise to power. The series became a hit and won several awards as well. It was broadcast in several countries such as Vietnam, Poland, Hungary, and Pakistan.Ji played the lead role in the TV series ‘Healer’, which aired from December 2014 to February 2015. The series was directed by Lee Jung-sub and Kim Jin-woo. Though the series didn’t gain much popularity, it did win a few awards. It was also broadcast in other countries such as Thailand and Vietnam. ‘Fabricated City’, a 2017 action crime film, is one of Ji Chang-wook’s most recent works. The film was directed by Park Kwang-hyun. The story revolved around an unemployed youth who is framed for murder. The film was a commercial success and earned Ji a nomination for the ‘Baeksang Arts Award’.Awards & Achievements
- Ji Chang-wook has won several awards throughout his career so far. These include three KBS Drama Awards, one SBS Drama award, one MBC Drama Award and one China TV Drama Award.Personal Life
- Ji Chang-wook is currently believed to be single. In the past he had dated several actresses, such as Ha Ji-won, Park Min-young, and Kim Joo-ri.He is active on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, where he has a huge fan base.On 14th August, 2017, Ji began his mandatory military service.
How To CiteArticle Title- Ji Chang-wook BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/ji-chang-wook-34181.phpLast Updated- September 21, 2017
People Also Viewed