Paris Jackson Biography
Nick Name: Paris Michael Katherine Jackson / Paris
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Beverly Hills, California
Famous as: Model and Actress
father: Michael Jackson
mother: Debbie Rowe
siblings: Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., Prince Michael Jackson II
U.S. State: California
education: Studied Privately
Paris Jackson is the daughter of late Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. Besides being the daughter of a legend, she is a model and an actress in her own right. Her parents divorced when she was very young and she was brought up by her father, for whom she has great regard. Due to her high profile background, she had to lead a restricted childhood as there were constant threats of kidnapping. Her father’s untimely death came as a huge blow, but at the same time it compelled Paris to stand on her own feet. She was very much part of the legal battle after the superstar’s death. She made public appearances in connection with her father and even appeared in documentaries about him. However, she had to make her own name to have a standing in the show business. She has made her film debut and appeared as a model. Besides her inheritance, she has a large following on social media and a substantial net worth to carry on with the legacy of her father.
- Paris Jackson did not have to look for fame; she was born famous. Whether she liked it or not, she was a public figure because of the name her father had made for himself in the world of entertainment. Anything she does or says makes news.
- She started making public appearances after her father’s death and became a topic of discussion each time she was caught on camera. Despite all controversies, she has always spoken very highly of her father and called him a great dad. She made her first television appearance in the documentary, ‘Living with Michael Jackson’. She was also portrayed by Brooklynn Proulx in the 2004 television biopic ‘Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story’.
- Paris and her two siblings, along with their grandmother, have made plans to make a documentary entitled ‘Remembering Michael’. The project has been kept on hold for the moment due to some legal and funding issues.
- In 2011, she was signed to star in the children’s fantasy film, ‘Lundon’s Bridge’ and ‘The Three Keys’; a story adapted from a book written by Dennis Christen. She also appeared as herself in ‘The X Factor’ and ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ in 2011, where she showed that she was ready to face the world.
- She is making her feature film debut in Amazon Studio’s untitled Nash Edgerton project where she will portray Nelly, an edgy 20 year old in the dark comedy about a mild mannered American businessman (David Oyelowo) who crosses the line to become a criminal.
- Paris also found her calling as a high fashion model as she shot for her campaign for Channel at the Eiffel Tower, where she features in a white dress resembling Madonna in her heydays.
- Despite a turbulent childhood, she is much better placed in life since 2015 and has walked the red carpet with Chester Castellaw at a theatre event in Los Angeles. *As of April, 2017, she has a net worth estimated to over $ 100 million and has everything going for her to become a star like her father.
- Paris was born to superstar Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe on April 3, 1998 at Beverly Hills, California. Barely a year after she was born, her parents divorced and her mother signed over the custody of Paris and her two brothers, Prince, and Blanket, to Michael Jackson.
- They were brought up by her father at his Neverland Ranch. Michael Jackson’s good friends, actors Elizabeth Taylor, and Macaulay Culkin, were made her godparents to guide her in life. She was just 11 years old when Michael Jackson died under mysterious circumstances and she made her first public appearance at his funeral, where she spoke of him as a great father.
- As per her father’s will, she and her siblings came under the legal care of her grandmother, Katherine Jackson, after his death. Paris had a restricted childhood, because her father was a public figure, who had his own share of controversies around him. She started attending private school with her brothers from the 7th grade onwards in order to avoid public eye.
- Paris always wanted to become an actress and entertainer like her father and started making regular public appearances in 2012. She was reunited with her mother in 2013 during the trial of the case against AEG regarding her father’s death.
- Her life has remained quite difficult and in 2013, she had to be rushed to hospital for allegedly attempting suicide. She appeared on the Oprah Winfrey’s series ‘Next Chapter’, where she talked about being a victim of cyberbullying.
- She is known to have dated Chester Castellaw, Michael Snoddy and Tom Ridley. However, she has no plans of a serious relationship and wishes to concentrate on her career.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed