Owen Davey Bio
Owen Davey is a musician from Canada who made a name for himself when he first uploaded a multi-instrumental cover on YouTube. Since then, he has often been referred to as a child prodigy. Interested in music from a very young age, Davey plays six instruments. He continues to practice and play every day to improve his knowledge with these instruments. His first post on YouTube was a cover of Metallica’s ‘Orion,’ a song known for its intricate composition. Davey played every instrument in the song and arranged the harmonies. This kickstarted his career as many metal magazines and music websites recognized his genius and wrote about the cover. The video became viral on Facebook as well and currently has over 130k views on YouTube. Since then, he has covered many other songs and has received tremendously successful responses. At a young age, he has partnered with various brands and studios to boost his career. He became the youngest endorsee of Ibanez Guitars as well. Currently, Davey continues to work on his music and hopes to release originals in the future. He lives in Stratford, Canada.
- Owen Davey was interested in music from a very young age. By the time he was 13, he had learnt to play six instruments. Through a mutual acquaintance, Davey met Aaron Murray who is the producer/engineer at Charterhouse Studios. Murray recognized the potential Owen had and decided to meet up for a recording session. Owen Davey worked with Charterhouse Studios and London Guitars to produce his first public piece, which was a multi-instrumental cover of Metallica’s ‘Orion’. Recorded by Murray and edited by Owen, this cover was uploaded first on YouTube. The video soon picked up an active audience. The fact that each of the instrument was played by the 13-year-old boy himself made it more popular. Metal fans immediately recognized the innate genius of Owen and shared this video widely across Facebook and Twitter. In some time, Owen was recognized by niche music magazines and websites who wrote glowing articles about his cover. This initial success helped him work on his upcoming tracks.
- Owen next worked on Rush’s ‘XYZ’ and Metallica’s ‘Master of Puppets’. Though both were successful, his ‘Master of Puppets’ cover was widely applauded by Metallica fans and racked up over 400k views in no time. His other covers include medleys of Metallica songs, Megadeth’s ‘Lucretia’, and a medley of Tool originals, too. In October 2017, Davey was offered an endorsement deal with Ibanez Guitar, the Japanese guitar brand. This was a prestigious association as many successful guitarists had worked with Ibanez, and Owen became the youngest endorser of this brand. This endorsement paved the way for other sponsors too, including Tama, Sabian, Chaterhouse Studios, Earthworks Microphone, and The PAshop.
- In May 2018, he was featured among the seven ‘Canadian guitarists under 30’ list compiled by the Canadian Musician Magazine. He is currently most active on YouTube and Facebook. He has over 8000 subscribers with 700k+ views on YouTube. On Facebook, his covers often touch a million views and receive several comments. Owen is currently attending secondary school in his hometown, Stratford and hopes to become a bigger musician in the future with originals to his name.
- Owen Davey was born in 2004 in Stratford, Canada. His father, Allan Davey, is a professional photographer who has won several awards. As a child, Owen’s musical interests bloomed early, and he started attending piano lessons and soon branched into other instruments. Owen’s hobbies, apart from music, include watching movies, playing video games, and photography.
- Owen’s favorite musicians and bands include Dream Theater, Paul Gilbert, Tool, Stevie Ray, Stevie Wonder, Rage against the Machine, Tool, and Megadeth. He was introduced to Metallica by the video game Guitar Hero 3.
Owen Davey Fans Also Viewed