Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Nicholas Roger Swardson
Born in: Minneapolis–Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Famous as: Actor
father: Roger Eric Swardson
mother: Pamela Swardson
siblings: John Swardson, Rachel Swardson
U.S. State: Minnesota
Nicholas Roger Swardson is an American actor known for his roles in films such as 'Jack and Jill' and 'Hell and Back'. Also a standup comedian, he created and starred in the sketch comedy show 'Nick Swardson's Pretend Time'. He is a screenwriter and a producer as well. Swardson developed an interest in acting and comedy during his school days. After completing his high school education, he decided to pursue a career in standup comedy. He also saw it as a way to get into the film industry. At the age of twenty he performed at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival. He came to popularity after he portrayed the role of Terry Bernadino in the comedy series ‘Reno 911!’ Other significant works in his career include the comedy film ‘Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star.’ He played the lead role, as well as served as a co-writer and a co-producer. He has also played important roles in several other films such as ‘Jack and Jill’ and ‘A Haunted House’. Swardson voiced one of the main characters in the animated comedy series ‘Chozen’.
- Nicholas Roger Swardson was born on 9th October 1976 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the United States to parents Pamela and Roger Eric Swardson. He has two siblings—a sister Rachel and a brother John. His father was a renowned journalist and investor.Swardson attended St. Paul Central High, where he developed an interest in acting as well as improv comedy. He used to be a very mischievous prankster in high school, for which he got expelled four times. He was also enrolled in a rehab program for smoking marijuana.He graduated from high school in 1996. Instead of going to college, he chose to pursue a career in standup comedy. Since he had a passion for acting as well, he also saw it as a way to enter the film industry.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Nick Swardson started his career as a standup comedian at the age of 18. He initially performed at comedy clubs and occasionally at the Balls Cabaret. Slowly, his popularity increased and he was selected to perform at the US Comedy Arts Festival.He eventually left for New York City, and later moved to Los Angeles where he started performing in nightclubs. He also started appearing in commercials, eventually making his way into films and TV shows. He made his film debut with a small role in the film ‘Almost Famous’ which was released in the year 2000.In 2001, his standup act was featured in a special show ‘Comedy Central Presents’. In 2006, he appeared in the show for a second time. He played a supporting role in the 2003 film ‘Malibu’s Most Wanted’, which was directed by John Whitesell. Swardson was also one of the co-writers. The same year, he started playing a role in the comedy series ‘Reno 911’.He next played a main role in the 2006 comedy film ‘Grandma’s Boy’. He served as a co-producer and a co-writer as well. The film was an average success. He appeared in multiple other films the same year such as ‘The Benchwarmers’. He was a co-writer as well. The film was a commercial success, earning nearly twice its budget. He also played the lead character as well as served as a writer in the TV film ‘Gay Robot.He appeared in several films over the next few years, such as ‘Blades of Glory’ (2007), ‘You Don’t Mess with the Zohan’ (2008) and ‘Bedtime Stories’ (2008). Swardson’s popularity grew even further after he created and starred in his own sketch comedy show ‘Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time’. It aired from 2010 to 2011.In 2011, he co-wrote, co-produced, as well as played the lead role in the film ‘Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star’. It was directed by Tom Brady. The film did very poorly commercially. Other films he appeared in include ‘Jack and Jill’ (2011), ‘A Haunted House’ (2013), ‘Back in the Day’ (2014) and ‘Hell and Back’ (2015).He also voiced one of the main characters in the 2014 animated series ‘Chozen’. It aired for only one season. He also did a voice role in the animated series ‘TripTank’, which aired from 2014 to 2016. He appeared in a few episodes of the TV series ‘Star vs. the Forces of Evil’ from 2015–17. He was latest seen in the film ‘Sandy Wexler’ in a supporting role.Major Works
- ‘Malibu’s Most Wanted’ an American comedy film is one of the early works in Nick Swardson’s career. The film, which was directed by John Whitesell, also starred actors such as Jamie Kennedy, Taye Diggs, Ryan O’ Neal and Snoop Dogg. The film did well commercially and earned more than two times its budget. However, the film received mostly negative reviews from critics.Swardson played one of the main roles in the parody comedy film ‘A Haunted House’. The film was a huge success commercially, and grossed $60 million on a mere budget of $2.5 million. Directed by Michael Tiddes, the film starred Marlon Wayans, Essence Atkins, Cedric the Entertainer, Nick Swardson and David Koechner. The film received negative reviews from critics despite doing extremely well at the box office.Awards and Achievements
- In 2016, Nick Swardson earned a nomination for the ‘BTVA Feature Film Voice Acting Award’ for ‘Best Vocal Ensemble in a Feature Film’ for his work in the animated film ‘Hell and Back’.Personal Life
- Nick Swardson has kept his personal life secretive. He is a very private person and there is not much known about his dating life.
How To CiteArticle Title- Nick Swardson BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/nick-swardson-34771.phpLast Updated- November 29, 2017
People Also Viewed