Nick James Biography
Nicholas James Fagg is a British TV actor. He adopted the stage name “Nick James” after he established himself as an actor. He initially played minor roles in the British TV series ‘Silent Witness’ and ‘The White Queen.’ His acting skills were appreciated. Soon, he bagged the lead role of a 12-year-old boy suffering from dyslexia, in the series ‘Hank Zipzer.’ He was awarded a ‘British Academy Children’s Award’ for his performance alongside Henry Winkler in the series. Nick has a large fan following on social media. He is currently single and is yet to get into a serious relationship. Nick has been concentrating on completing his education lately. He is a gifted artist and has a bright future in the entertainment industry.
- Nick was born on January 10, 2001, in England, into a middle-class family. He grew up with his younger brother in South London.
- He attended ‘Royal Russell School’ in South East Croydon and was actively involved in extracurricular activities in school. He had a flair for acting and was encouraged by his parents to participate in school plays.
- In 2012, he made his debut as a child artist in a two-part episode of the crime and forensic-science serial ‘Silent Witness.’ Although he played the minor role of ‘Luke’ in the series, it gave him ample experience of the TV industry at the tender age of 12.
- The following year, he was seen as ‘Thomas Grey’ in the 15th century English royal drama ‘The White Queen.’ His acting skills received positive reviews and helped him get a more prominent role in his next venture.
- He finally made a breakthrough with the ‘CBBC’ series ‘Hank Zipzer’ in 2014, which featured him in the eponymous role of a 12-year-old boy struggling with school due to dyslexia. The show was based on a series of books written by Henry Winkler, who played the role of his music teacher in the series.
- The show ran for three seasons, till 2016, and was a grand success. Nick James won a ‘British Academy Children’s Award’ in 2016 for his performance in the series. He soon became a household name in Britain.
- Nick has a large fan base on social media. However, he has not announced his next project yet, as he is presently concentrating on completing his studies. He intends to get back on TV and also venture into films.
- Nick James has appeared in minor roles in the TV series ‘Silent Witness’ (2012) and ‘The White Queen’ (2013).
- He has played the lead role in the series ‘Hank Zipzer’ (2014–2016).
- He was awarded the ‘British Academy Children’s Award’ in 2016 for his performance in ‘Hank Zipzer.’
- The show was also nominated for an ‘International Emmy Award’ in the ‘Kids Series’ category in 2016 and a ‘British Academy Children’s Award’ in the ‘Comedy’ category in 2017.
- Like any other 18-year-old teenager, Nick loves spending time with his friends. This has kept him grounded despite his celebrity status.
- He is presently single and is yet to get into a serious relationship with anyone. He wishes to complete his education and get back to acting.
- Nicholas James Fagg started acting under the pseudonym “Nicholas Fagg” and later adopted the stage name “Nick James.”
- ‘Hank Zipzer’ was filmed at ‘St. Catherine’s Catholic High School’ in Halifax, Yorkshire, and at ‘Birkdale High School’ in Dewsbury, Yorkshire.
|2016||Best Performer||Hank Zipzer (2014)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed