Milo Gibson Biography
Girlfriend: Lindsay Goodstein
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Famous as: Actor
father: Mel Gibson
mother: Robyn Moore Gibson
Milo Gibson is an American actor who came into the limelight for being the son of Oscar winning director and accomplished actor, Mel Gibson. Although shying away from the camera for much of his adolescence, the actor has been recently making his mark in Hollywood. Debuting with the Academy Award winning movie ‘Hacksaw Ridge’, Milo is also known for his roles in movies like ‘The Tribes of Palos Verdes’, ‘Gangster Land’, and ‘Hurricane’. His dashing good looks and uncanny similarity to his father, Mel Gibson, has made Milo a heartthrob. Besides acting, he is also making his foray into modeling with a lucrative contract from the celebrity modeling agency ‘Wilhelmina Models’. As short as his time has been in Hollywood, the upcoming actor has also found himself slowly gaining a massive following on social media, especially on Instagram due to his lifestyle and fashion related posts.
- Celebrity children following in the footsteps of their successful parents in Hollywood are not that uncommon. Many of them start quite young and are either rewarded or fade into oblivion. However, Milo Gibson stands apart from all of them. After completing high school, Milo didn’t pursue acting and became a massage therapist for a few years. Once he grew tired of that, he pursued a career as a successful electrician for five years.
- One would think that growing up as the son of a famous actor, Milo too would naturally take same path. But, he later admitted in an interview that his parents let him choose what he wanted to do with his life. In his adolescence, not being pushed towards a particular direction, especially acting, also made him think that maybe it was off-bounds. And that is why he shied away from the camera for so many years.
- However, acting was in his blood. While growing him in the company of the likes of acting legend, Robert Downey Jr. who is a close friend of his father, he would often play an actor in home videos directed by his brother Louis. That planted the seed. Milo Gibson made a career change and decided to take up acting as a full-time profession in 2016, with his acting debut in the Osca’ winning movie, ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ directed by his father. He received praise for his performance as Lucky Ford in the movie.
- Year 2017 turned to be a breakthrough year for the young actor. He started getting more and more attention on media after being signed by the celebrity modeling agency ‘Wilhelmina Models’. The agency also boasts celebrity kids like Clara McGregor, Destry Allyn Spielberg, and Hopper Penn as their clients. More success followed as he had another small role in the Jennifer Anniston starrer ‘The Tribes of Palos Verdes’. However, his first major role came in ‘Gangster Land’ released on December 1, 2017. His portrayal of the ruthless Al Capone earned him major credits in the industry.
- While modeling kept him busy for the rest of 2017, he also started auditioning and being cast in a number of movies. He landed his second major role in the WW2 drama ‘Hurricane (Squadron 303)’ which was released on August 17, 2018. Early screenings have already garnered a positive reaction. The same day also saw the release of his dark-comedy ‘Breaking and Entering’. His performance in the lead role of Harry received critical acclaim and proved his versatility to do different roles ranging from drama to comedy.
- Milo Gibson is also starring as the lead actor in the thriller ‘All the Devil’s Men’, the drama ‘Brother’s Keeper’ (2019), and the war-drama ‘The Outpost’ (2019). His dad’s advice of being truthful to the characters he is portraying, emulating them as much as possible, and forgetting the camera, seem to be working wonders for Milo Gibson.
- Milo Gibson was born on November 16, 1990, to Mel Gibson and Roby Denise Moore. He grew up with six siblings, including five brothers: Christian, Louis, Edward, Thomas, William, and an elder sister Hannah. He has two step-siblings; Lucia from Mel’s partner, Oksana Grigorieva, and Lars Gerard with Mel’s new partner Rosalind Ross. He went to school in Malibu, USA and played high school football. Milo Gibson is in a relationship with his longtime girlfriend Lindsay Goodstein.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed