Michael Blakey Biography
Michael Blakey is a musician, composer, arranger, song writer and record producer. Given his thorough understanding of the music scene, he has had immense success in areas of record production, record promotion, artist and talent management. Over the years, he has either produced, promoted or collaborated with many notable artists and performers for singles, LPs, albums, movie soundtracks, and sound for television shows. Thus, it comes as no surprise that he has earned numerous gold and platinum records as promoter and producer in his 25-year career. He is an avid collector of sports cars and luxury watches, and he has successfully managed to showcase his luxury lifestyle to a growing audience through his YouTube channel.
- Michael Blakey started his career in music very early in life. By the time he was 19, he had already become one of the resident producers at Berlin’s Hansa Ton Studios. Later, he began producing singles and LPs for various musical acts in and around Europe.Through the 1980s and 1990s, he gained extensive experience working as a composer, producer and session recording drummer in the U.K. and America. He was the composer and drummer for the 90s rock band Tidal Force, contributing to hit singles like ‘A Man Rides Through’ and ‘Station to Station’.Brian McKnight, Coolio, Willie Nelson, Luther Vandross, Mary J. Blige, 2Pac, Engelbert Humperdinck and Glen Campbell are but a few notable personalities to have worked with Blakey. He has also gone on to produce soundtracks for films, prime among them being the OST for Disney’s 2002 animated film, Cinderella II.You May LikeRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowRecord Production & Management
- From 1991 to 1994, Michael Blakey worked with New York based Atico Records, as their chief of A & R. He went on to win the Melody Maker award in 1993. He founded three other production companies between 1994 and 1998, one of them being Platinum Records.During his time at Platinum Records, he took the help of scientists to develop an audio extraction technology called ‘Forensic Frequency Separation Software (FFSS). This technology made it possible to qualitatively extract audio segments from a mono track and convert it into a normal voice track. Blakey used the FFSS technology to create the Patsy Cline ‘Duets’ album that had duets of modern vocalists with the original (now deceased) artist.He co-founded 2KSounds in 1999, along with Bruce Gladstone and John Guidonwhich. This was the first company to launch and promote music albums on the internet. Virgin Records partnered with 2KSounds and appointed Michael Blakey as the Record Division’s President.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Entrepreneurial Spirit
- In partnership with Ron White, Michael Blakey formed the Organica Media Group (OMG) that later collaborated with the Universal Music Group as its distribution channel. They started a new division called OMG VIP that provides an opportunity for fans to meet and interact with their favorite artists. Apart from Ron White himself, OMG VIP clients include the likes of Henry Rollins, Trevor Noah, Luis Fonsi, Martin Lawrence, LeAnn Rimes, Nick Cannon and Tiffany Haddish.In 2006, Blakey became the co-owner of Pylon International Inc., a private jet charter service company based in California. The company was sold a year later to IJM Holdings Corporation.Michael Blakey formed another company in 2009 called Electra Star Management (ESM). Based in Hollywood, ESM was awarded the Best Entertainment Management Company in California, by the LUX Magazine in 2015. The company’s client list includes Brett Butler, Pamela Anderson, Billy Bob Thornton, JP Sears, Jimmy Connors and Ron White.He was the executive producer for Ron White’s ‘A Little Unprofessional’, ‘Ron White’s Comedy Salute to the Troops’ and recent Netflix Special ‘If You Quit Listening, I’ll Shut Up’.High End Lifestyle & YouTube
- Michael Blakey has always shared a passion for the finer things in life. When he is not producing music, he loves to indulge himself in flying private jets and driving supercars. He is also a collector with specific interests in exotic cars, luxury watches and high value properties.In 2017, he started a YouTube channel in collaboration with Adam Swords called ‘ProducerMichael’ to share his exciting lifestyle and experiences with the online world. One such video about a diamond bracelet worth 4.5 million dollars went viral, garnering more than six million views in the process. ‘ProducerMichael’ currently boasts of more than half a million subscribers doing justice to its tagline ‘In It To Win It’.Family & Personal Life
- Michael Blakey was born in London, England on the 8th of December 1958. His mother was an Olympic swimmer. He studied music in Madrid, Spain and completed his business education in Berlin, Germany. In February 2008, he tied the knot with Sasha Blakey, in France. The couple were blessed with a daughter in 2009.
How To CiteArticle Title- Michael Blakey BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/michael-blakey-48526.phpLast Updated- October 07, 2019
People Also Viewed