Matthew Hussey Bio
Girlfriend: Camila Cabello
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Essex, England
Famous as: Dating Coach, YouTuber
father: Stephen Hussey
mother: Pauline Hussey
siblings: Stephen Hussey
City: Essex, England
education: Williams College in Massachusetts, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Matthew Hussey is a British life coach, dating guru, television personality, bestselling author and social media star who is currently a dating expert on ABC’s digital series 'What To Text Him Back'. He is best known for his role as a matchmaker on NBC's reality dating competition series 'Ready for Love' and for being the resident love expert on the 'Today Show'. He has also served as a dating expert on various other television shows including 'The Vanessa Show', 'Plain Jane International', 'Rachael Ray', 'FabLife' and 'The Single Wives'. His first book, 'Get The Guy: Learn Secrets of the Male Mind to Find the Man You Want and the Love You Deserve', which was released in 2013, made it into the 'New York Times' bestsellers list. He was also the executive producer of the TV short 'Get the Guy: Kids Talk Dating Problems' and had hosted the radio show 'Love Life with Matthew Hussey'. He has been featured on several mainstream magazines, as well as fashion and news publications, such as 'The Independent', 'The Sun', 'The Daily Mail', 'OK!', 'Men's Health', 'Glamour', 'Cosmopolitan', 'Elle', 'Fabulous', and the 'Evening Standard'. His eponymous YouTube channel has over 1.43 million subscribers.
- Matthew Hussey first began providing dating tips to male friends when he was in his late teenage years, and as his success stories spread, he also started providing life coaching to women in 2008. He gradually moved up to offer life coaching to individual clients in cafés around London. He created his 'Get the Guy' series in 2008 and later began posting tips for women on his YouTube channel in June 2010. That year, he relocated to the United States and expanded the series to include a host of digital programs and live events helping women with dating and relationship advice.Recommended Lists:
- He soon bagged a regular spot on ITV's 'This Morning', apart from a weekly column on dating in 'Now' magazine. He eventually combined these programs to publish the bestselling book 'Get The Guy', which established him as an expert in the field. He was able to attract celebrity fan-following which included the likes of actress Eva Longoria and TV personality Tyra Banks. His live retreats, like 'Women's Weekend' and 'The Matthew Hussey Retreat', have been attended by thousands of women each year. However, while he is recognized as one of the most successful dating coaches for women, he was relatively unknown outside his niche audience until he became involved with singer Camila Cabello in early 2018.
- The essence of Matthew Hussey's teachings is to help women 'get the man' while feeling empowered at the same time. According to him, women need to set their standards, be confident about the set goals, and take up the challenge to build a fulfilling life to successfully attract men. Instead of engaging with men just at bars, he encourages women to approach men on the street and in cafés, for example, by asking for a favor. At a time when technology affects relationships considerably, he also offers special help to women who need to overcome such challenges.
- Matthew Hussey was born on June 19, 1987 in Essex, England, to Stephen and Pauline Hussey. He went to Williams College in Massachusetts and later got his MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business. His father currently manages their family business built upon his 'Get the Guy' success. He has two brothers, one of whom, named Stephen, writes content for his website and videos, and also makes occasional appearances on his YouTube channel.
- Matthew Hussey, who had been "single through choice" for a long time, was first spotted having a romantic date with Cuban-American singer and songwriter Camila Cabello, a former member of the girl group Fifth Harmony, on a beach in Cabo San Lucas in February 2018. While it came as a surprise to many fans of the musician, back in January, during her guest appearance on 'Elvis Duran and the Morning Show' to promote her new album, she had dropped a hint by abruptly asking the presenter if Matthew was still there, adding that she loved him for his quality advices. It is speculated by the media that Elvis might have played cupid to get the two together. In May that year, they made the relationship official by locking lips backstage at the '2018 Billboard Music Awards', which was captured and shared by 'Billboard' on their Snapchat. The singer, who is usually very private and shuns social media, doesn't shy away from showing public display of affection while with Matthew. A month later, they were again spotted getting cozy at the airport in Barcelona, Spain, followed by a romantic date evening in a park in the city the next day.
Matthew Hussey Fans Also Viewed