Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Matthew Moore Hardy, Broken Matt Hardy
Born in: Cameron, North Carolina, U.S.
Famous as: Professional Wrestler
Spouse/Ex-: Reby Sky
father: Gilbert Hardy
mother: Ruby Moore Hardy
siblings: Jeff Hardy
children: Maxel Hardy, Wolfgang Xander Hardy
U.S. State: North Carolina
education: Union Pines High School
Matthew Moore Hardy, famous as Matt Hardy, is a renowned American professional wrestler. He is currently signed to the famous World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Matt, along with his brother Jeff Hardy, is popularly known as Hardy Boyz or Hardys. During his growing up years, he was also good at baseball and football. Hardys along with friends found a federation called Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts (OMEGA) before signing with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). His wrestling style, entertainment and gimmicks have attracted a million of fans. Matt has won many world tag team championships in wrestling along with Jeff. Matt has won 18 championships with wrestling federation like WWF/WWE, ROH and TNA. He has won 44 championships overall in his wrestling career. He has also appeared in many TV commercials, TV shows, charities, movies and more. Matt’s latest gimmick ‘Broken Matt’ is making waves around the world, the wrestling fans in particular.
- Matt was born Matthew Moore Hardy to Gilbert and Ruby Hardy on September 23, 1974 at Cameron, North Carolina. He was good at baseball and football as a child.His mother died of brain cancer in 1986.Hardy was a good student and studied at Union Pines High School in North Carolina. As a meritorious student, he was a nominee for the "Morehead Award", a scholarship to any university in North Carolina.Hardy attended University of North Carolina at Charlotte to pursue engineering but after a year into the course, he dropped out due to his father’s illness. Thereafter, he attended Sandhills Community College in Pinehurst to gain his degree.Ric Flair and Macho Man were Hardy's favorite wrestlers when he was growing up.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- He along with his brother Jeff practiced few moves and sent a tape to the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) with a team name called ‘High Voltage’.Hardys signed with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) in 1998. The brothers innovated the Ladder Match and pioneered the Tables, Ladders and Chairs matches in the WWE history. Many of his moves were a treat to watch. His signature moves are sideeffect, turnbuckle and many more. Hardys hold seven World Tag Team Championships together. Later, Matt wrestled as single competitor in various other championships as a WWE wrestler.In 2010, he left WWE and later signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) in 2011. After few months, it was reported that he was suspended from TNA. Matt then signed up with independent circuits and played many matches. He reunited with OMEGA in 2013 and reunited with TNA in 2014. Matt made his comeback with the gimmick called ‘Broken Matt’ which has received an overwhelming response from around the wrestling fans.Other than wrestling, Matt has also featured in television commercials and TV shows like 70s Show, Scare Tactics & Fear Factor, where he won the Fear Factor Champion.Hardy is also a New York Times bestselling author for his book “The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire.He closely works with various charity organizations and makes donations for various causes.He also featured in the Hardy Show, a reality show created, written and produced by Hardy. He was part of the movie ‘Pro Wrestlers Vs Zombies’ in 2013.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Controversies & Scandals
- Matt Hardy could be an icon to the wrestling lovers but in real life he is often involved in controversies. The Hardy brothers have often made headlines due to drug related cases. Matt was in news in 2011 for allegedly assaulting his wife, Reby Sky.Broken Gimmick Controversy
- The new management of TNA (now renamed Impact Wrestling) Anthem Sports & Entertainment issued a cease and desist letter to The Hardys' new promotion ‘Ring of Honor (ROH)’, on the usage of Broken Matt. But Matt, Jeff and Reby claim that it is their idea and TNA does not have any legal right of claim. But Matt continues to use the broken gimmick in his social media accounts but not in the rings of ROH.Personal Life
- He was in a relationship with WWE Diva, Amy Lita Dumas. They separated after she was found to have an affair with Matt’s friend, Adam Edge. Matt had also dated WWE Diva, Ashley Massaro, earlier.In February 2011, he started dating Rebecca Reyes, often called Reby Sky. They both got married on October 5, 2013. They had their first child on June 23, 2015, a son named Maxel Hardy. On June 8, 2017 they welcomed their second son, Wolfgang Xander Hardy.
How To CiteArticle Title- Matt Hardy BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/matt-hardy-10125.phpLast Updated- July 27, 2017
People Also Viewed