Mark Tuan Biography
Nick Name: Little Rooster
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Mark Yi-en Tuan
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Musical Artist
mother: Dorine Tuan
siblings: Joey, Tammy and Grace
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Mark Tuan is an American singer, rapper, and dancer, who is part of the South Korean boy band 'Got7.' He has released several EPs with the band and has appeared in the web drama ‘Dream Knight.’ Most of his singles for the band are chartbusters. Mark, with his incredible skills and talent, has won numerous awards and has successfully built an impressive fan base. He is highly active on social media, where he has millions of fans.
- Mark is now one of the most promising young artists in the entertainment industry. However, music was never on his list of career options.
- While in school, Mark was highly encouraged by his teachers to learn singing and to participate in music competitions. With a bit of initial disinterest, Mark finally agreed to audition. He auditioned for a South Korean talent agency named 'JYP Entertainment,' which changed his life forever. Mark's rendition of Eminem’s track 'When I'm Gone' impressed the judges so much that he was immediately included in the agency’s roster. Mark then moved to South Korea, where he received his formal singing lessons. Apart from taking music lessons, Mark also learned the Korean language, which later helped him promote himself. After about three and a half years, in 2014, Mark was announced as one of the members of the boy band 'Got7.' He joined the band as its main rapper, singer, and visual dancer. With 'Got7,' Mark launched his debut single, 'Girls Girls Girls,' on January 16, 2014. The track premiered on ‘Mnet's ‘M! Countdown.’
- Mark has been part of several of the band’s EPs and studio albums, namely, 'Got it?,' 'Got Love,' 'Identify,' 'Just Right,' 'Moriagatteyo,' and 'Flight Log: Departure.' His good looks and charming persona have played a key role in making him one of the most favored 'Got7' artists. He grabs the maximum attention at any 'Got7' event. He was also part of the web drama 'Dream Knight,' along with the other band members.
- In September 2013, Mark and three other 'Got7' members, Jackson, Bam Bam, and Yug Yeom, participated in an episode of the show ‘WIN: Who Is Next,' where they competed against the 'YG Entertainment' trainees.
- Mark’s incredible talent has brought him several awards and accolades. In 2014, his debut year, he received the 'SBS MTV Award' for the 'Best of the Best New Artist.' The following year, he received two 'Golden Disk’ awards: the ‘Best New Artist' and the 'China Goodwill Star.' The same year, he won several more awards, namely, the 'SBS Chinese Netizen Popularity Award,' the 'Seoul Music Rookie Award,' the 'SEED Popular Asian Artist of the Year Award,' and the ‘YinYue V-Chart Best Korean Newcomer Award.'
- Mark is highly popular on social media. His 'Instagram' profile houses numerous pictures, which have captivated over six million followers on the platform. His fans wait eagerly for his “tweets.” As soon as he “tweets,” his 'Twitter' page is deluged with “likes” and comments. His ‘Twitter’ account currently has more than four million fans.
- Mark was born Mark Yi-Eun Tuan, on September 4, 1993, in Los Angeles, California, US. He is the first son of his parents, Raymond and Dorine Tuan. Mark’s father is an "Instagrammer" and is very popular with his son’s fans. He is from Taiwan. Mark has two sisters, Tammy and Grace, and a younger brother, Joey. His family often calls him “Little Rooster,” as according to the Chinese calendar, his birth year represents the rooster.
- Mark attended 'Arcadia High School' in California. He often scored well in mathematics and physics. He spent some of his childhood in Brazil and Paraguay. Mark has traveled extensively, and this has helped him learn several languages. He can speak Korean, English, and Mandarin fluently.
- Mark grew up in a very strict environment. As a child, he had to follow a lot of rules set by his parents. Mark was naturally left-handed, but his parents made him use his right hand. He was also trained in martial arts.
- Apart from being a music lover, Mark is a sports enthusiast, too. He loves skateboarding, snowboarding, and trekking. He also loves to play volleyball and basketball. He is a great swimmer, too.
- Mark loves to listen to music from various genres. His all-time favorite musicians are Chris Brown, Drake, ASAP Rocky, and Tyga. A movie buff, too, Mark enjoys watching action and horror movies. His favorite color is red. Mark loves hamburgers and meat. Mark loves to dress up and is very particular about his clothes and accessories. His favorite fashion brand is 'BRATSON,' and he loves to wear the ‘Ralph Lauren’ cologne.
- Of all 'Got7' members, Mark is closest to Jackson, as they were dorm-mates. Mark had once helped Jackson learn Korean, which made their bond stronger. Mark is known to be shy and extremely reserved.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed