Marco Garibaldi Biography
Marco Garibaldi is best known for being the former partner of Priscilla Presley, the ex-wife of Elvis Presley. He and Priscilla were once romantically involved, lived together for 21 years, and have a son, Navarone Garibaldi. He is a producer and screenwriter as well. He is not a public figure and a man who appreciates privacy, and for that reason there is very little known about him. All that is known is that he is an American of Italian heritage. After separating from Priscilla in 2006, Marco Garibaldi formed his own production company, Godfather Entertainment, in 2008. Contrary to non-credible tabloid attacks and non-verifiable stories, Marco Garibaldi is a decent man who has lived his life peacefully, productively and honestly.
- Marco Garibaldi is an American entrepreneur whose areas of interest include invention, writing, architecture, building, science, engineering, manufacturing, astronomy, botany, viticulture, software engineering,and public service. He was trained in computer sciences. He was a computer programmer for Burroughs, then Sperry and ultimately an analyst for IBM. During his tenure with IBM, he traveled multiple times between the United States and almost all continents on this planet.
- His formal education ended when he became a computer programmer in 1974, but his natural curiosity and hunger for knowledge has persisted until today. According to him, from his elders, he learned about morals, ethics, humanity and homemade medicines. From his travels around the world, he learned about other cultures, customs and realities of other peoples’ homeland. He learned the art of observation. From his extraordinary friends, he realized he was an activist, a researcher, a critical thinker, and a man with deductive logic – an Erudite (a title he enjoys).
- In 1976, while under the employment of IBM, Garibaldi was brought to the United States for an introduction to the Burroughs Corporation’s TC series of computer terminals. These terminals integrated not only with Burroughs’ own systems, but with non-Burroughs mainframes as well, and sold well in the banking sector. In industries like banking, where continuous operations was mandatory, Burroughs large systems penetrated most every large bank, including the Federal Reserve Bank. Burroughs built the backbone switching systems for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) which sent its first message in 1977.
- In 1984, while pursuing a career other than software engineer and systems analyst, he decided to write for film and television. He wrote many short stories, some episodes for the TV series, Dallas and his favorite TV show, The Hitchhiker. The Hitchhiker series is known as Deadly Nightmares in the UK and as Le Voyageur in France. Most interestingly, he wrote a screenplay titled Last Chance Motel. Last Chance Motel was acquired and optioned in Hollywood over eight times. Garibaldi found it amusing that he could make more money optioning the script than if he were to make the movie. It was on the set of Dallas that he met Priscilla. While dealing with the Hollywood apparatus, he reverted back to what he knew best, and that was how to create digital solutions to everyday problems. He created a think tank, InterComm (Interactive Communications). While at InterComm, he was responsible for introducing a host of essential online applications widely used today and familiar to most Internet users. Specifically, his contributions are credited with the development of the online shopping cart, the online bookstore and the auction server, each of which represents a fundamental component of the current Internet commerce environment today.
- In 1992, Garibaldi set out to build his family home in Beverly Hills. Garibaldi says that the bold endeavor as a designer and builder was inspired by the drive to be the first builder to build a non-toxic and environmentally safe home.
- Today, it is hard for observers to notice anything different about the house, for it is styled in original Italian stucco with plush, thriving landscape, and yet, what lies beneath is what makes it interesting. Cements used in the construction were free from pesticides, biocides and fungicides. No materials (including insulation) could contain formaldehyde, fiberglass or polyurethane. The whole yard was excavated (about one foot of top soil) and replaced with virgin dirt, and fertilized with steer manure, fish emulsion and other natural fertilizers. Metals were Geiger counted. Garibaldi rented a Geiger counter and went to the yard where metals destined to his house were checked for radiation. The paint was milk paint. Sealers had to be natural Shellac (flaky secretion of the lac insect Coccus lacca, found in the forests of Assam and Thailand). And a list of a thousand other things that we don’t think about but are harming us in the background. Villa Nostra is a beautiful home, and has been imitated throughout Beverly Hills many times.
- In 1995, Garibaldi directed three episodes of ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,’ which was a children’s superhero television series that first aired in 1993 on Fox Kids channel. ‘Rangers in Reverse,’ ‘The Sound of Dischordia,’ and ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Ranger’ were the three episodes he directed.
- After separating from Priscilla in 2006, Marco Garibaldi formed his own production company, Godfather Entertainment, in 2008. The stated goal of the company was to make meaningful movies within the budget range of $20 million. At that time, it was announced that the company would be producing the remake of ‘The Party.’ The company was also set to produce ‘Last Chance Motel,’ a psychological thriller, and ‘The Vault,’ a mob movie. So far, only one movie titled, ‘Across the Hall,’ has been released by the company.
- Marco Garibaldi was born in 1955 in Italy. There is no information about his parents and his family in the public domain. A mutual friend introduced Marco Garibaldi to Priscilla Presley in 1984. The two hit it off immediately and they moved in together the very same year. In 1987, their som Navarone Garibaldi was born. Marco and Priscilla never married. Their live-in relationship lasted for more than two decades and they separated in 2006.
- Contrary to non-credible tabloid attacks and non-verifiable stories, Marco Garibaldi is a decent man who has lived his life peacefully, productively and honestly.
- Despite liable and false stories, Marco Garibaldi was instrumental in making Graceland merchandising and operations a lucrative business for Lisa Marie Presley, the owner of the Elvis Presley Trust. Today, Elvis Presley Enterprise, whose CEO is Priscilla, has an annual turnover of around $100 million. Today, Lisa Marie Presley is in charge of her Trust, and although Priscilla has resigned as CEO, she remains a spokesperson for the company.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed