Individuality and a person’s ability to flaunt is something rather rare. We blindly follow the set social norms and never really bother to give them a good thought. Anthony Quintal is one of those fearless individuals who are proud of what they are and present to the world their undiluted version. He calls his online persona Lohanthony, which is a combination of his own name Anthony with the last name of his favorite celebrity Lindsay Lohan. Lohanthony is one of the most popular social media celebrities of today with millions of followers and subscribers on both Twitter and Instagram. With constantly increasing numbers of views on his YouTube channel and other platforms, his social footprint is enormous. Viewers love his attitude and swear by his fashion sense. He connects with his audience with everyday struggles of a kid’s life like school, bullying and acute fashion crisis. He is an inspiration to many, for the way he has embraced his struggles and has remained his characteristic boisterous self. Lohanthony is one of the most coveted social media influencers that brands are vying to partner with making his net worth shoot up in several millions.
- Anthony started making videos on his parents’ computer when he was 9 years old. He has gotten loads better since with updated gear and numerous makeovers later. What has remained unchanged is his personality, his no-care attitude and his zest for life. He grabbed attention of YouTube viewers with his very short video titled “CALLING ALL THE BASIC BITCHES” back in 2012. The blue goggles and pink suspender sporting Anthony shouts out the title, all the while twirling his poisonous green tights-clad legs – “there is a new announcement: you’re basic”. It was an ultimate display of flamboyant rebellion against all that is normal and “basic”. The video seemed to echo with the viewers and soon had more than a million views! Even designer Marc Jacobs and supermodel Kate Moss gave it a try!Recommended Lists:
- His channel is mostly about various aspects of his personal life with lots of emphasis on glamour and fashion, particularly thrifting! His style is humorous and funny without being overly rude. He has achieved a lot of admiration for his online presence along with sizable number of recognitions like nominations for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Collaboration in 2014 for his collaboration project Fab Five in Real Life as well as the Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star: Comedy, both in 2014. He was super excited when asked to host the ‘Teen Wolf After Show’ (Teen Wolf being his fav) and was apparently “treated like Royalty” by the MTV people. He has also signed up with music label Heard Well by YouTuber Connor Franta and has curated an album titled ‘Landscapes: A Music Compilation by Lohanthony’. He has also tried his hands in acting in projects like ‘Tosh.0’ in 2009, ‘Teens Wanna Know’ in 2012, and ‘Miss Stevens’ in 2016. All of this and more has made him into this teen internet sensation that girls go crazy over.Recommended Lists:
- Being opinionated, Anthony has often landed himself in skirmishes with other online personalities like RiceGum and Alx James. His confrontation with RiceGum started when he slid an insulting note under the door, insulting RiceGum latest Disstrack which he was playing loudly. RiceGum retaliated in a very public YouTube vlog accusing Anthony of roasting his Diss Track. Anthony accused him of bullying through his fans. He accused Alx James of copying his friend’s Vine. After a long drawn out twitter battle, he blocked Alx James.
- Lohanthony’s vlog channel features quite a few rants about having to go back to school mainly because he is the subject of taunts and bullying. A frustrated Anthony called his bullies out publicly in one of his videos which lead to vicious reactions from parents of his school and even lead to him getting death threats.
- Anthony is his own person. 100%. This quality of his sets him apart from the rest of his peers who are trying to get people’s attention by being what socially acceptable version of likability is. He is raw and he is real. His content is ripe with humor and he is effortlessly funny. Anthony lives in Salem, Massachusetts with mother Monica Quintal, father David Quintal and three siblings. He is guarded about his private life although he is openly affectionate about his family. He declares that YouTube is his first love. Like a regular teenager (despite earning millions in ad revenues and representation) he loves to hit thrift stores and his videos feature his hauls thereof regularly. There is not much known about his personal life, but his critics and haters widely speculate that he is gay. Anthony has never risen to the bait and has not offered any clarification in that regard. He has also been admonished for the language and offensive words he frequently uses in his content.
Lohanthony Fans Also Viewed