Lil Uzi Vert Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Symere Bysil Woods
Born Country: United States
Born in: Francisville, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Famous as: Rapper
Lil Uzi Vert is an American rapper and songwriter. He is best known for his chartbusting single ‘Bad and Boujee’ which peaked at number one position on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100.’ Uzi’s interest in rapping began when he was in high school. Inspired by one of his friends, he took up rapping and went on to establish himself as a prominent rapper in the music industry. In 2016, he was mentioned by media houses as one of the names to watch out for in the upcoming years, thanks to his huge fan following. His signature rapid delivery has been long praised and admired. Also, the fact that he draws inspiration from not just a single source makes his music different. Uzi’s non-conformity to Philadelphia’s long-held reputation of shotgun-mouthed, battle-ready MCs is a major plus point for him. Unlike other rappers, Uzi’s style is a mix of nasal vocal tone and melody. His rapping does not seem forced nor does he try to come up with several rhyming words or lines to make his rap sound intricate. Though Uzi’s musical journey began early, he achieved fame when he came up with his third mixtape ‘Luv Is Rage.’ He followed it up with his subsequent mixtapes, such as ‘Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World’ and ‘The Perfect Luv Tape,’ both of which were released in 2016. Currently, he has established himself as one of the talents to watch out for in the music industry.
- Lil Uzi Vert developed an interest in rapping after listening to Marilyn Manson and Kanye 808. He soon realized that this form of music was close to his heart. He was jealous of all the attention that his friend Marilyn Manson was getting and that is why he began rapping.
- His career started when he made his debut in some of DJ Diamond Kuts’ tracks. His ‘Dej Loaf,’ a dedication to the Detroit vocalist, caught the attention of Don Cannon who along with DJ Drama and Leighton Morrison helped Lil Uzi land a record deal under ‘Generations Now’ and ‘Atlantic Records.’
- Uzi gained attention after being featured on Carnage's single ‘WDYW’ with ASAP Ferg and Rich The Kid’ in 2015. By December, he had come up with his first commercial and third overall mixtape ‘Luv Is Rage.’
- He soon followed it up with ‘Lil Uzi vs The World’ mixtape in early 2016. This particular mixtape featured beats from Metro Boomin and Maaly Raw. Furthermore, two of its tracks, ‘You Was Right’ and ‘Money Longer,’ reached the ‘Billboard Hot 100,’ with the latter becoming a gold-certified number! The album made it to the Top 50 of ‘Billboard 200.’
- Following the success of his fourth mixtape, he came up with his fifth mixtape titled ‘The Perfect Luv Tape.’ The mixtape peaked at number 55 on the chart.
- Towards the end of 2016, he collaborated with Migos and came up with the viral hit ‘Bad & Boujee.’ The single peaked at number one on the ‘US Billboard Hot 100’ in January 2017, thereby becoming Uzi’s first number one single as a featured artist. It also became his highest-charting single.
- In 2017, he released ‘Luv is Rage 2,’ a sequel to his first popular mixtape.
- ‘Eternal Atake,’ the first single from the album ‘New Patek,’ was released on September 18, 2018. The same year, he was featured on Lil Pump's single ‘Multi Millionaire.’
- In April 2019, he signed with ‘Roc Nation.’ His singles, ‘Sanguine Paradise’ and ‘That's a Rack,’ were released the same month.
- Lil Uzi Vert was born Symere Bysil Woods on July 31, 1994, in North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. He grew up around the Francisville neighbourhood in the region.
- When Lil Uzi Vert was in his teens, he became a big fan of Marilyn Manson and was inspired by him. Later, he was influenced by ASAP Rocky, Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Young Thug, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, and the Ying Yang Twins.
- Though Uzi developed an interest for rapping early in his life, he did not start rapping until in his high school. In fact, it was his friend William Aston who coaxed him to start rapping. Uzi approached Aston when he first heard the latter’s freestyle. He was so inspired by his friend’s style that he took up rapping himself. This is how Uzi’s journey in rapping began.
- Woods was in a relationship with fashion designer Brittany Byrd from 2014 to 2017.
|2017||Song of the Summer||Lil Uzi Vert: XO Tour Llif3 (2017)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed