Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Laura Anne Ingraham
Born in: Glastonbury, Connecticut, U.S.
Famous as: Radio Host, Author and Political Commentator
Height: 1.91 m
political ideology: Conservative Party
father: James Frederick Ingraham III
mother: Anne Caroline
siblings: Curtis Ingraham
children: Maria Caroline (adopted 2008), Michael Dmitri, Nikolai Peter
religion: Roman Catholicism
Net worth: $45 million as of Aug 9, 2016
education: Dartmouth College, University of Virginia School of Law, University of Virginia, Glastonbury High School
Recommended For You
The most listened-to woman in a political radio talk show in the United States and New York Times bestselling author, Laura Ingraham is one of the most powerful women in the field of political and cultural commentary. Her nationally syndicated radio talk show ‘The Laura Ingraham Show’ is most popular show in the country and is heard on hundreds of radio stations. She is one of the most entertaining female hosts whose in-depth knowledge of the administrative system is well appreciated by critics and listeners. A conversationalist by nature, Ingraham’s feisty talks, witty humor and energetic personality has attracted a wide range of loyal audiences. She is a proficient author and has authored some of the bestselling books in the country including the New York Times bestseller ‘The Obama Diaries’ and ‘Power to the People’. A former legislator, Ingraham was a Supreme Court law clerk and is a graduate from the Virginia School of Law. She is also the guest host of ‘The O'Reilly Factor’ on the Fox News Channel. Apart from politics she also talks about issues like feminism, media bias, illegal immigration and radical Islamic views.
- Laura Anne Ingraham was born on June 19, 1963 in Glastonbury, Connecticut, U.S., into a humble middle class family, where she was raised for most part in the small township of the Glastonbury Center community.In 1981, she graduated from the Glastonbury High School, the only high school in the town of Glastonbury, Connecticut.In 1985, she graduated with a bachelor’s degree from the Dartmouth College, a private Ivy League university located in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States.During her senior year at Under-graduate College, she was the editor-in-chief of the conservative newspaper ‘The Dartmouth Review’, a bi-weekly publication.In 1991, she obtained a ‘Juris Doctor’, a professional doctorate in law from the University of the Virginia School of Law.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After graduating from law school, she worked as a law clerk under Ralph K. Winter, Jr., a Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, in New York.She served as the clerk of The U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas for a brief period after which she worked as an attorney for the New York based law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.In the late 1980s, she was employed as a speechwriter during Ronald Reagan’s tenure, in the Domestic Policy advisory. She also worked as the editor of ‘The Prospect’, a Princeton University magazine.In 1995, she was featured on the cover of the ‘The New York Times Magazine’ in connection for her article on ‘rising young conservatives’.In 1996, along with Jay Lefkowitz, a Jewish politician and lawyer, she organised the first annual ‘Dark Ages Weekend’ as a response to the ‘New Year’s Renaissance Weekend’, an American retreat for leaders.In the late 1990s, she worked as a commentator for the CBS network and also served as the host of the MSNBC network program called ‘Watch It!’.In 1997, she authored an essay for the ‘Washington Post’, in which she wrote about the need for legal protection for homosexuals.Continue Reading BelowIn June 2000, her book titled ‘The Hillary Trap: Looking for Power in All the Wrong Places’ was published. The book is an analysis of the Hillary Clinton’s policies.On April 2001, she launched her own show called ‘The Laura Ingraham Show’. The show was aired on 306 radio stations including the XM Satellite Radio.On October 25, 2003, her second book ‘Shut Up & Sing: How Elites from Hollywood, Politics, and the UN Are Subverting America’ was published by Regnery Publishing.In 2004, 'The Laura Ingraham Show’ moved on to the Talk Radio Network, a 24 hour radio network.She is the guest host of the ‘The O'Reilly Factor’ on the Fox News Channel and a weekly contributor to the segment called 'The Ingraham Angle'.On September 11, 2007, her third book ‘Power to the People’ was published by Regnery Publishing. In the book, she stresses on how the ordinary people in America can make a difference in politics and culture.In 2008, she was given a three week trial-run by Fox News Channel for their upcoming show titled ‘Just In with Laura Ingraham’. The show was cancelled after the trial period and replaced with another show.Continue Reading BelowPublished in 2010, her book ‘The Obama Diaries’ is a fictional account of the diary entries made by Barack Obama.On July 12, 2011 ‘Of Thee I Zing: America's Cultural Decline from Muffin Tops to Body Shots’ was published.From January 2, 2013 she began hosting the nationally syndicated radio show ‘The Laura Ingraham Show’.Major Works
- Published in 2007, her third book ‘Power to the People’ earned great critical appreciation and was enlisted on the New York Times best seller list.Her 2010 book, ‘The Obama Diaries’ reached the number one position on the New York times bestseller list and USA Today included the book on their list of bestselling publications.Her nationally syndicated radio talk show, ‘The Laura Ingraham Show’ is the third most popular political talk show broadcast in the United States and is heard on hundreds of radio stations across the nation.Awards & Achievements
- In 2012, she was featured on New Max media’s list of ‘Top 25 radio hosts’.Personal Life & Legacy
- She was romantically involved with Robert Torricelli, a former New Jersey Democratic Senator.She was once engaged to Indian author Dinesh D’Souza but the engagement broke off for unknown reasons.On April 2005, she announced that she was engaged to Businessman James V. Reyers but in the month of May she announced on radio that the wedding would be called off due to her complications with breast cancer. On April 26, 2005 she underwent a surgery for breast cancer.She has adopted three children - Maria Caroline, Michael Dmitri and Nikolai Peter.Trivia
- This bestselling author and radio show host was sued for $2.4 million by a music professor for allegedly writing controversial articles about his racist and unprofessional behaviour.
Pictures of Laura IngrahamPrevious NextImage Credithttps://talk1370.radio.com/shows/laura-ingrahamImage Credithttp://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/march/laura-ingraham-tweet-mocking-parkland-activist-backfires-advertisers-pull-from-fox-news-showImage Credithttp://www.bemidjipioneer.com/entertainment/television/4424635-facing-boycott-fox-news-laura-ingraham-apologizes-taunting-parklandImage Credithttps://www.multichannel.com/news/fox-news-sets-laura-ingraham-show-415350Image Credithttp://www.educationviews.org/video-laura-ingraham-rails-jeb-bush-common-core-cpac/Image Credithttps://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/laura-ingraham-0_urxmnkc0Image Credithttp://dailysurge.com/2014/10/laura-ingraham-many-americans-die-obama-joe/
How To CiteArticle Title- Laura Ingraham BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/laura-ingraham-4935.phpLast Updated- November 03, 2017
People Also Viewed