Dana Perino Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Dana Marie Perino
Born in: Evanston, Wyoming
Famous as: Former White House Press Secretary
Height: 1.57 m
Spouse/Ex-: Peter McMahon (m. 1998)
father: Leo Perino
mother: Janice Perino
siblings: Angie Perino
U.S. State: Wyoming
Notable Alumni: Colorado State University
education: Ponderosa High School, Colorado State University–Pueblo, University of Illinois Springfield
Dana Perino is an American author and political commentator. She is best recognized as the 24th White House Press Secretary who served under President George W. Bush from September 2007 to January 2009. During that time, Perino also acted as the coordinator for agencies on energy, environment, and natural resource issues, evaluating and approving the agencies' chief announcements. She was also responsible for providing regular updates about the actions of the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) to the other White House offices. Currently, Perino serves as a political commentator for Fox News and co-hosts the network's show ‘The Five’. She is also a book publishing executive at the renowned publishing company, Random House. A graduate of Colorado State University and University of Illinois Springfield, she has worked for the networks KTSC-TV, KCCY-FM, and WCIA as well as the Department of Justice in the past. On a personal note, the political commentator has been married to businessman Peter McMahon since 1998.
- While still studying at Colorado State University, Dana Perino began working at KTSC-TV, a PBS affiliate. During this time, she also worked at KCCY-FM. During her time at University of Illinois Springfield, Perino served as a reporter for WCIA, a CBS affiliate. She then worked as a staff assistant for Congressman Scott McInnis (R-CO) in Washington, D.C. before serving as the press secretary for Rep. Dan Schaefer (R-CO).
- In November 2001, she became a spokesperson in the Department of Justice, where she served for two years. Eventually, Perino joined the White House as the associate director of communications and worked with the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ). From 2005 to 2007, she worked as a Deputy Press Secretary. From March 27 to April 30, 2007, she served as the replacement for Tony Snow and became the Acting White House Press Secretary in his absence while Snow underwent treatment for colon cancer. Then in September 2007, Perino was promoted and became the Assistant to the President and the White House Press Secretary. She served in these positions until the end of the Bush administration in January 2009.
- Since her departure from the White House, Perino has been serving as a political commentator for Fox News. There, she hosts the talk program ‘The Five’. In 2010, she began serving on the Broadcasting Board of Governors. The same year, she started a part-time teaching job at Graduate School of Political Management in George Washington University. In 2011, Dana Perino joined Crown Publishing Group, a part of Random House, Inc., as the Editorial Director. However, she no longer works for the company. On September 18, 2016, her podcast titled ‘Perino & Stirewalt: I'll Tell You What’ debuted as a weekly series on the Fox News Channel.
- Dana Marie Perino was born on May 9, 1972 in Evanston, Wyoming, the USA, to Leo and Janice Perino. She studied at Ponderosa High School. Later, she enrolled at Colorado State University–Pueblo from where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in mass communications as well as minors in both political science and Spanish. After this, Perino went on to pursue a master's degree in public affairs reporting from University of Illinois Springfield (UIS).
- Coming to her love life, she met businessman Peter McMahon in 1997. The couple got married the following year.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed