Lana Condor Biography
Boyfriend: Anthony De La Torre
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Lana Therese Condor, Tran Dong Lan
Born Country: Vietnam
Born in: Can Tho
Famous as: Actress
father: Bob Condor
mother: Mary Condor
siblings: Arthur Robert
Lana Condor is an American actor and dancer who recently rose to fame with her latest release, ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.’ Based on a book of the same name by Jenny Han, the teen-romance film was released on August 17, 2018, on ‘Netflix.’ The film featured her as ‘Lara Jean Covey,’ which was also her first-ever lead role. She had earlier made her acting debut as ‘Jubilation Lee,’ or ‘Jubilee,’ in the film ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ (2016). The same year, she had appeared as ‘Li’ in the crime drama ‘Patriots Day.’ She is now set to play ‘Koyomi K’ in the science-fiction film ‘Alita: Battle Angel.’ The film is based on Yukito Kishiro’s manga ‘Gunnm.’ She will also be seen in the romantic comedy ‘Summer Night,’ with Analeigh Tipton and Justin Chatwin. In 2017, she appeared in the TV film ‘High School Lover,’ which featured her as ‘Allison.’ Condor has also been cast as ‘Saya Kuroki’ in the action-thriller series ‘Deadly Class,’ based on the comic-book series of the same name. Lana is set to appear in the science-fiction thriller ‘Warning,’ alongside Laura Harrier, James D'Arcy, and Alex Pettyfer. Lana is also a trained ballet dancer.
- Lana Therese Condor was born in Cần Thơ, Vietnam, on May 11, 1997. She was adopted by her American parents, Mary Carol (Haubold) and Bob Condor, on October 6, 1997, and was raised in Chicago, Illinois.
- Her father is a two-time ‘Pulitzer Prize’-nominated journalist and the former vice president of ‘Yahoo! Sports.’ She also has a non-biological brother named Arthur Robert, who was adopted along with her.
- She was named “Tran Dong Lan” at the time of her birth. However, her name was changed to “Lana Condor” after her adoption. Her father wrote about the adoption of Lana and her brother in the ‘Chicago Tribune’ on December 21, 1999.
- Lana lived on Whidbey Island, Washington, and then in New York City, before moving with her family to Santa Monica, California, at the age of 15. As a child, Lana studied ballet at ‘The Rock School for Dance Education’ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- She trained in dance at the ‘Spectrum Dance Theater’ in Seattle. After moving to New York, she performed at places such as the ‘Joffrey School of Classical Ballet,’ the ‘Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater,’ and the ‘Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet.’.
- After noticing Lana’s natural flair for dance, her parents advised her to choose acting as a career. Following her parents’ advice, Lana attended the ‘Professional Performing Arts School,’ where she studied acting for a while.
- She then trained in acting at the ‘New York Film Academy’ for a summer. She also attended the ‘Yale Summer Conservatory for Actors’ to learn acting.
- She also performed with the ‘Los Angeles Ballet’ and trained in improvisational theater at ‘The Groundlings.’
- In 2014, she became a theater scholar at the ‘California State Summer School of the Arts.’ In 2015, after graduating from the ‘Notre Dame Academy,’ Los Angeles, Lana received an offer to join the ‘Loyola Marymount University’ but deferred her enrollment.
- In 2014, Lana starred as ‘Amber Von Tussle’ in the ‘Notre Dame Academy's production of ‘Hairspray.’ She was in her senior year when she auditioned for the role of ‘Jubilation Lee,’ or ‘Jubilee,’ for ‘X-Men: Apocalypse.’
- She was in the study hall for a history test when she found out that she had been selected to star as a mutant in the popular ‘X-Men’ movie. Condor made her acting debut with ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ in 2016.
- The movie, which was the ninth installment of the ‘X-Men’ franchise, became the fourth-highest-grossing film of the series. The same year, Lana appeared in Peter Berg’s crime drama ‘Patriots Day.’ The film was a box-office failure but was chosen by the ‘National Board of Review’ as one of the top 10 films of 2016. Lana played ‘Li’ in the film.
- In 2017, she appeared as ‘Allison’ in the TV movie ‘High School Lover.’ Her role as mutant ‘Jubilee’ had already made her quite popular with the audiences, but it was her next release that became her acting breakthrough.
- In 2017, Lana was announced as the lead in film adaptation of the book ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ by Jenny Han. The movie was released on August 17, 2018, on ‘Netflix,’ and became an international hit soon after its release.
- The movie features her as ‘Lara Jean Covey,’ an introverted dreamer who writes love letters to all her crushes but does not post them. Somehow, all the letters get out of her closet one day and get delivered to all her crushes.
- Lana rose to immediate fame after the release of ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,’ owing to her on-screen chemistry with her co-star Noah Centineo, who plays ‘Peter’ in the film. Still riding high on the success of the film, Lana already has her bag full of new roles in various upcoming films and TV series.
- She will be seen as ‘Koyomi K’ in the science-fiction film ‘Alita: Battle Angel,’ based on a manga series by Yukito Kishiro. The movie is set to be released on February 14, 2019.
- She will also be seen in the romantic comedy ‘Summer Night’ as ‘Lexi.’ She will be seen in an upcoming American action-thriller series named ‘Deadly Class.’ The series will feature Lana as ‘Saya Kuroki’ and will be aired in 2019. She is also part of an upcoming science-fiction thriller named ‘Warning.’
- Lana is in a relationship with actor Anthony De La Torre.
- She is a supporter of an environmental group named ‘Heal the Bay.’
- She set up a scholarship with the ‘Asia Foundation’ in 2017. It provides schooling to girls from Cần Thơ, Vietnam, for four years.
|2019||Best Kiss||To All the Boys I've Loved Before (2018)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed