Justin Bieber Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Justin Drew Bieber
Born in: London, Canada
Famous as: Singer-songwriter
City: London, Canada
education: Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School
Justin Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter who was taken the music world by storm. Releasing his first album at the age of 15, he has gone on to become one of the most talked about artists in recent times, both for good and bad reasons. Bieber was discovered by a talent scout via YouTube. He achieved immense success following the release of his singles from his debut EP 'My World'. He retained his soaring fame with the release of his debut studio album 'My World 2.0' and continued to break records with his next albums, 'Under the Mistletoe', 'Believe' and 'Purpose'. He has also released a couple of remix albums, two biographical concert films, and has appeared on numerous television shows to perform live. The young star has has won several awards, including one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording. He has been just as famous for his past relationship with pop-star Selena Gomez as he has been infamous for his numerous celebrity hook-ups. He also has had several run-ins with the law, culminating in arrest a couple of times for DUI and dangerous driving.
- Justin Drew Bieber was born on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, at St Joseph's Hospital. He was raised in Stratford, Ontario, by his single mother, Patricia Mallette, and his maternal grandmother, Diane. His parents never got married, but he kept in touch with his father Jeremy Jack Bieber.
- At elementary level, he attended Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School, a French-language immersion school in Stratford. In 2012, he graduated from St. Michael Catholic Secondary School with a 4.0 GPA.
- As a child, he was interested in music and learned to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet. In 2007, a 12-year-old Bieber secured the second place against trained singers in a local singing competition in Stratford, performing Ne-Yo's 'So Sick'.
- His mother initially created a YouTube account to share her son's performance with family members and friends. As his popularity grew on the channel, she continued to post more videos of him singing covers of various R&B songs.
- By sheer chance, Justin Bieber's future manager, Scooter Braun, stumbled upon one of his YouTube videos while searching for another singer. He immediately flew him to Atlanta, Georgia, and arranged meetings with Usher Raymond, as well as Justin Timberlake. In 2008, he eventually signed to Raymond Braun Media Group, a joint venture between Braun and Usher.
- On May 18, 2009, Bieber released his debut single 'One Time' on radio. The song peaked at No.12 on the 'Canadian Hot 100' following its release and reached No.17 on the 'Billboard Hot 100'.
- His first EP, 'My World', was released on November 17, 2009, and was able to match the success of his debut single. All of his next three singles, 'One Less Lonely Girl', 'Love Me' and 'Favorite Girl', charted within the top 40 of the 'Billboard Hot 100'.
- In late 2009, he appeared on television multiple times to promote his debut EP. He performed live on 'The Today Show', 'The Wendy Williams Show', 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show', and 'Good Morning America', and also guest starred in an episode of 'True Jackson, VP'. In December 2009, he performed at the White House for US President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama.
- 'Baby', the lead single from his debut studio album 'My World 2.0', was released on January 18, 2010, and became an international hit overnight. The album, which officially released on March 19, 2010, reached the top ten charts in many countries, peaking at No.1 in Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
- On June 23, 2010, he began his first official headlining tour, the 'My World Tour', from Hartford, Connecticut. He also released an acoustic remix album, called 'My Worlds Acoustic' in November 2010.
- 'Justin Bieber: Never Say Never’, a music documentary based on the star's life, was released on February 11, 2011, accompanied by his second remix album, 'Never Say Never – The Remixes'. He released the Christmas-themed album 'Under the Mistletoe', on November 1, 2011.
- 'Boyfriend', the first single from his third studio album 'Believe', was released on March 26, 2012. The album was released from Island Records on June 19, 2012. To promote the album, he started the 'Believe Tour' in September 2012.
- In October 2013, he released a sequel to 'Never Say Never’, a biographical concert film titled 'Justin Bieber's Believe'. Prior to the released of the film, he released a new song every Monday for 10 weeks as a lead-up to the film.
- His fourth album 'Purpose' was led by the single 'What Do You Mean?' which released on August 28, 2015. It became his first number-one single on the 'Billboard Hot 100' and earned him a Guinness World Record as the youngest male artist to debut at the top of that chart. The next two singles, 'Sorry' and 'Love Yourself', climbed to the peak of the same chart, making him the first artist in a decade, after Justin Timberlake, to achieve this feat.
- Justin Bieber's first full-length studio album, 'My World 2.0', cemented his status as a major artist with hit singles like 'Baby'. The album sold over 3,350,000 copies in the US alone, and received Platinum certification in US, Canada, England, Australia and New Zealand.
- His third studio album, 'Believe' is rich in elements of dance-pop and contemporary R&B, and marks his transition from teen pop style. Riding the success of its lead single 'Boyfriend', the album sold over 3 million copies worldwide. It became Platinum certified in US, Canada and Australia, while achieving Gold status in England.
- His latest studio album 'Purpose' created records as the first three singles of the album, 'What Do You Mean?', 'Sorry' and 'Love Yourself' reached the top of both the US and UK charts. The album sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide and received Platinum certification in many countries including US, Canada, England and Australia.
- With an estimated 100 million sales, Justin Bieber became the best-selling male Canadian artist, as well as one of the world’s best-selling music artists. His single 'Baby' holds the record for highest-certified digital song of all time.
- Over the years, he has won one 'Grammy Award', two 'Brit Awards', three 'NRJ Music Awards' and thirteen 'Billboard Music Awards'. He also won a huge number of fan-voted awards, including 20 'Teen Choice Awards', 18 'MTV Europe Music Awards' and eight 'American Music Awards'.
- He has faced legal issues multiple times, being accused of reckless driving in 2012 and vandalism in 2013. He was finally arrested on January 23, 2014, in Miami Beach, Florida, for driving under the influence (DUI). Following his release on bond, he got arrested again in September 2014 for dangerous driving.
- Justin Bieber started dating Selena Gomez in December 2010 and their relationship became a media sensation. After an on-and-off relationship for a couple years, they separated in November 2012.
- Justin Bieber's mother was initially reluctant to allow him to work with talent scout Scooter Braun because he was Jewish. She allowed him to travel with Braun only after church elders convinced her to do so.
|2011||Best Jaw Dropping Moment||Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011)|
|2011||Top Pop Album||Winner|
|2016||Best Dance Recording||Winner|
|2012||Top Box Office Films||Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011)|
|2011||Best Male Video||Justin Bieber: U Smile (2010)|
|2010||Best New Artist||Justin Bieber Feat. Ludacris: Baby (2010)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed