Kayleigh McEnany Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Tampa, Florida
Famous as: Political Commentator
political ideology: Republican
Spouse/Ex-: Sean Gilmartin
U.S. State: Florida
City: Tampa, Florida
education: Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, University of Oxford, University of Miami School of Law and Harvard Law School
Kayleigh McEnany is an American writer and political commentator. She came into the limelight during the 2016 presidential election for her unwavering support for Donald Trump. She drew extensive national attention for her pro-Trump stance. A former CNN contributor, McEnany has been serving as the national spokesperson for Republican National Committee since 2017. She has never failed to impress her peers with her bold attitude and sophisticated demeanor. With degrees from the prestigious University of Oxford and the Harvard Law School, she is a highly educated woman who commands respect and admiration from her colleagues in the field of journalism. Interested in politics since school, McEnany has emerged as one of the most popular faces in the field of political journalism. Besides being one of Trump's earliest vocal supporters, she has also worked for other political leaders like Adam Putnam, Yom Gallagher and George W. Bush.
- Kayleigh McEnany first got involved in politics in high school when she volunteered for George W. Bush during the 2004 presidential campaign. She has also interned for the politicians Tom Gallagher and Adam Putnam. Following her graduation from Georgetown University, she served as a producer for Mike Huckabee's eponymous television show for three years. She appeared as a co-host on CNN’s political panel-based show ‘The Point’. During the 2016 presidential election, McEnany appeared on the network’s primetime as well as the daytime programs. Currently, she serves as the editor-in-chief at ‘Political Prospect.’
- In addition to her television work, she has contributed to the legal publications ‘The Hill’ and ‘Above The Law,’ offering textualist analysis of legal cases. She has also written for numerous publications, including ‘The Daily Caller,’ ‘Breitbart,’ ‘The Blaze,’ ‘PJ Media,’ ‘Newsmax,’ CNN.com and ‘The International Business Times.’ Apart from CNN, she has also been featured on ABC’s “The View” and various Fox Business and Fox News programs.
- On August 5, 2017, McEnany disclosed on social media that she had left CNN. The next day, she hosted the show ‘Real News Update’ on Donald Trump's Facebook page.
- On August 7, 2017, it was announced by the Republican National Committee that McEnany would soon be appointed as their national spokesperson. The appointment was finalized shortly after. In early 2018, she released a book titled ‘The New American Revolution: The Making of a Populist Movement’.
- In February 2017, Kayleigh McEnany garnered attention following her argument with the ‘New York Times’ journalist, Charles Blow, on CNN's talk show ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon’.
- Kayleigh McEnany was born on April 18, 1988 in Tampa, Florida, USA. She was educated at the private Catholic college preparatory school ‘Academy of the Holy Names’. She then went on to earn her Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) in International Politics from Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. McEnany also spent a year at St Edmund Hall in England. After this, she attended the University of Miami School of Law before transferring to Harvard Law School from where she graduated with a JD in May 2017.
- Coming to her love life, she has been married to baseball pitcher Sean Gilmartin since 2017.
- In 2016, radio host Dana Loesch mocked McEnany by calling her "flat-chested." Loesch was not aware of the fact that McEnany had undergone a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with a BRCA2 mutation.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed