Kathryn Boyd Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: United States
Born in: Atlanta, Georgia
Famous as: Model
Spouse/Ex-: Josh Brolin (m. 2016)
children: Westlyn Reign Brolin
City: Atlanta, Georgia
U.S. State: Georgia
education: University of Georgia
Kathryn Boyd is an American actor, model, production assistant, and producer, better known as the wife of actor Josh Brolin. A journalism graduate from the 'University of Georgia,' Kathryn has assisted actor Ben Stiller. She has also been featured in a few short films, of which she has produced a few. Kathryn is now an entrepreneur and is the founder of a denim brand named 'Midheaven Denim.' The brand specializes in denim pants for exceptionally tall girls. Kathryn has known Josh from her initial days at 'Brolin Productions.' However, they began dating each other while filming 'Everest.' The two now have a daughter. Kathryn also has two stepchildren from Josh’s first marriage.
- Kathryn was born on October 12, 1987, in Atlanta, Georgia, US. She went to 'The Lovett School' and graduated in 2005. She then obtained a BA in magazine journalism from the 'Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication' of the 'University of Georgia.' While at 'Grady,' Kathryn also completed a photojournalism certificate program from the 'University of Georgia.' In 2008, she went to Italy to study photography from 'Santa Reparata International School of Art' in Florence.
- Kathryn began her career as an assistant for several film directors and producers. In 2010, she assisted the production unit of the 'Fox’ crime-drama TV series 'Past Life.'
- In 2014, Kathryn signed a contract with 'LA Models’ and began her career as a model. The same year, in January, she joined the 'Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists' as a commercial theatrical actor. As an actor, she has been featured in the short film 'Bad Company.' She has also appeared as ‘Sophia’ in the 2015 thriller short 'Rideshare.' Kathryn was also one of the co-producers of the short. She has also appeared as ‘Kat’ in the 2015 short 'Ride to Vegas.'
- As a unit assistant, Kathryn has worked in films such as 'Inherent Vice' (2014), 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' (2014), and 'Everest' (2015). She has also worked for 'TVM Productions' and has assisted actor Ben Stiller for the film 'The Watch.'
- Kathryn became an entrepreneur when she founded the denim brand 'Midheaven Denim.' The brand offers an exclusive range of denim pants, especially for tall women. 'Midheaven' has been featured in a few popular lifestyle journals, such as 'Vogue,' 'The Atlantan,' and 'Who What Where.'
- Kathryn conceived the idea of her entrepreneurial venture inspired by her own life experiences. She is tall (5 feet 11 inches) and has always struggled to find denim pants that suit her height.
- Kathryn is now married to American actor Josh Brolin. She is his third wife. Josh was married to actor Alice Adair from 1988 to 1994 and also had two children with her. He married actor Diane Lane in 2004. They divorced in 2013.
- Soon after divorcing Lane, Josh began dating Kathryn, who was then assisting him on the film 'Everest.' Their relationship flourished while they were filming in Italy. However, Kathryn had been assisting Josh since 2011, when she had joined 'Brolin Productions.' The media spotted them while they were on a short romantic getaway in Rome. Soon after, Josh had to undergo rehabilitation due to his drinking issues. Kathryn and Josh were back under the media spotlight when they were pictured in Los Angeles shortly after Josh was released from rehabilitation.
- Some believe Josh began dating Kathryn after divorcing Lane. However, this has never been confirmed. After dating for about 2 years, Kathryn and Josh got engaged in 2015. They got married on September 24 the following year. The private wedding ceremony was held in Cashiers, North Carolina. The wedding was attended only by the couple's family members and close friends. Although the event was kept away from the media spotlight, Josh and Kathryn shared a few pictures of their wedding on 'Instagram.'
- On June 26, 2018, a pregnant Kathryn accompanied her husband to the premiere of his film 'Sicario: Day of the Soldado.' Their daughter, Westlyn Reign Brolin, was born in November 2018. Kathryn also has two stepchildren, Trevor and Eden, who are Josh’s children from his first wife. Both her stepchildren are almost as old as her.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed