Kate Magowan Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Katie Victoria Magowan, Kate Simm
Born Country: England
Born in: London, England
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: John Simm (m. 2004)
children: Molly Simm, Ryan Simm
City: London, England
Kate Magowan is an English actress who is known for her work in several films as well as TV and radio shows, mostly in supporting roles. Her best-known role is that of Princess Una in the fantasy film `Stardust`. Magowan was born in London, UK. She studied acting at the Actor`s Institute, London, where she was trained in the Meisner technique. She first appeared in the second season of the TV series `Dream Team’. Her next role was in an episode of the police procedural TV series `The Bill’. Her first work on the big screen was a minor role in `It was an Accident’ a British comedy film. She has also appeared in the adventure fantasy film `Stardust’, in an important role. The film was a commercial and critical success. Other important works in her career were the role of Jenny in the crime thriller film `A Lonely Place to Die’ and the role of Sadie Young in the soap opera `EastEnders’.
- Kate Magowan`s career began with the TV shows `Dream Team’ and `The Bill’ in 1998 and 1999. In 2000, she made her film debut in the British comedy film `It was an Accident’. Directed by Metin Huseyin, the film was based on a novel by Jeremy Cameron. In 2001, she had a supporting role in the British TV film `Is Harry on the Boat?’. The same year, she was also seen in the romantic comedy feature film `Fourplay`.
- In 2002, she was seen in the drama film `Nailing Vienna’. The film was about three small-time criminals who decide to make a film about a bank robbery that they also actually plan to carry out. The same year, she was also seen in the comedy drama biopic `24 Hour Party People’.
- Her next important work was a main role in the 2004 mockumentary film `It’s All Gone Pete Tong’. Directed by Michael Dowse, the film was a commercial success. She was next seen in the drama film `Kidulthood’ in 2006. The same year, she was also seen in the short film `Devilwood`.
- In 2007, she was seen in the fantasy adventure film `Stardust’, which was directed by Matthew Vaughn. The film was a commercial success, and also won a few awards. In 2008, she was seen in the heist film `Tuesday`. She next appeared in the thriller film `184.108.40.206`, in a minor role.
- In 2011, she had a significant role in the crime thriller film `A Lonely Place to Die`. Directed by Julian Gilbey, the film was a commercial disaster. The same year, she was seen in the psychological thriller TV series `Exile`.
- In 2013 and 2014, she was seen in a recurring role in the soap opera `EastEnders’ in the role of Sadie Young. In 2015, she had a supporting role in the dark comedy-drama series `Spotless`.
- Katie Victoria Magowan was born on 1 June 1975, in Harrow, London, UK. Not much is known about her childhood or parents. After she finished her high school, she studied at the Actors` Institute, London. She is married to John Simm. Her husband is a popular actor, director and musician. The couple has two children.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed