Justin Hills Biography
Justin Hills is an American bassist presently affiliated with the rock band Sleeping with Sirens. Prior to joining Sleeping with Sirens, he was a member of another group named For All We Know. A native of Texas, he has always aspired to play the guitar. Sleeping with Sirens released their debut album, ‘With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear’, in March 2010. The lead single of that album, ‘If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn’, became their first major hit song. Since then, Hills and his group have released four more studio albums, ‘Let’s Cheer to This’, ‘Feel’, ‘Madness’, and ‘Gossip’, one extended play, ‘If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack’, one live album, ‘Live and Unplugged’, and one box set ‘The Rise Years’. They have embarked on multiple US and world tours, including the 2017 Up Close and Personal Gossip tour. Hills’ popularity as a musician has found its way to social media. On Instagram, he has several hundreds of thousands of followers.
- Initially, Justin Hills was a member of the band For All We Know along with Gabe Barham. They left the band and joined Sleeping with Sirens in 2009. The original members of the group were vocalist Kellin Quinn, vocalist Brian Calzani, lead guitarist Brandon McMasters, bassist Paul Russell, rhythm guitarist Dave Aguliar, and drummer and percussionist Alex Kaladjian. When Hills and Barham joined the group, they replaced Russell and Kaladjian, respectively. Over the years, the group had two other members, rhythm guitarists Nick Trombino and Jesse Lawson, who are not part of the current roster. Presently, Sleeping with Sirens is comprised of Quinn, Hills, Barham, lead guitarist Jack Fowler, and rhythm guitarist Nick Martin.
- The group put out their first studio album, ‘With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear’, on March 23, 2010, through Rise record label. The lead single of the album, ‘If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn’, became a considerable success. The album itself did moderately well. It peaked at number seven on the US Top Heatseekers chart and at number 36 on the US Indie chart.
- On April 7, 2011, the group put out their new single, ‘Do It Now Remember It Later’, which would be part of their then-forthcoming album ‘Let's Cheers to This’. A few weeks later, they released another single, ‘Fire’. The album was eventually put out on May 10, 2011. This one was also released through Rise and reached the fifth spot on the US Hard Rock chart.
- On June 26, 2012, the group put out their debut acoustic EP, ‘If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack’. In October that year, they put out a new single, ‘Dead Walker Texas Ranger’, for Halloween. Their most successful album to date and the last one that they put out through Rise is ‘Feel’. Released on June 4, 2013, it peaked at the number three spot on the US Billboard 200 chart and the number two spot on both the US Indie chart and US Hard Rock chart. It also sold over 180,000 copies worldwide. In order to promote the album, the group appeared at the Kia main stage event at the Vans Warped Tour 2013. On 4 August, the group made the announcement that they would be embarking on the ‘Feel This Tour’ in support of the album ‘Feel’. Headlined by Sleeping with Sirens themselves, the tour also had performances by the likes of Memphis May Fire, Breathe Carolina, Issues, and Our Last Night.
- In July 2014, Sleeping with Sirens put out pictures which showed that they were collaborating with musician and producer John Feldman. A month later, they announced that they were leaving Rise. Ultimately, in November, they signed to Epitaph Records and subsequently put out a new single, ‘Kick Me’. Their fourth album, ‘Madness’, was released on March 13, 2015, to positive reviews. On the review aggregator site Metacritic, it has accumulated 74 out of 100 points based on six reviews, denoting “generally positive reviews”.
- On April 8, 2016, Sleeping with Sirens put out their only live album to date, called ‘Live and Unplugged’, which is also their second acoustic release after the EP ‘If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack’. That year, they also released their first box set, ‘The Rise Years’.
- Sleeping with Sirens released their fifth album, ‘Gossip,’ on September 22, 2017 through Warner Bros. It reached the 38th spot on the US Billboard 200 chart. In October 2017, the group embarked on their worldwide Up Close and Personal Gossip tour. In May 2018, the group set out on the European league of the tour.
- Justin Hills was born on November 19, 1987, in Houston, Texas. He has a younger sister named Ivory. He has revealed that Sleeping with Sirens’ vocalist Kellin Quinn once had a crush on Ivory. Since he was a child, he wanted to do nothing but play the guitar and ultimately took up the bass.
- Hills is presently dating a woman named Lindsey West who is quite popular on Instagram and has several thousand followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed