José Bastón Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Mexico City
Famous as: Entrepreneur
Spouse/Ex-: Eva Longoria (m. 2016), Natalia Esperón (m. 1995–2005)
father: Ricardo Alfredo Bastón Talamantes
mother: Gloria Patiño
children: Jose Antonio Baston, Mariana Baston, Natalia Baston, Santiago Enrique Bastón, Sebastian Baston
City: Mexico City, Mexico
José Bastón is a Mexican entrepreneur. He is the president of 'Televisa,' the largest media company in Latin America. Being a media mogul, José has earned a huge fortune over the years. He often devotes time to philanthropic work. José is married to famous TV actor and producer Eva Longoria. The couple have a son. José was earlier married to actor and former model Natalia Esperón. He has a daughter and a set of twins from his marriage to Natalia. José is a media-shy person. He rarely opens up to the media about his personal life. He also does not like Eva discussing their married life publicly. Despite this, José is often tagged in Eva’s pictures posted on her social-media accounts.
- José is the president of 'International Television and Contents,' a global TV business information and networking platform. He is also the director of 'Grupo Televisa, SAB,' the Mexican mass-media company. He has been associated with the company since February 2001. The company is the largest in Hispanic America. It handles a wide range of media services in Latin America, including most of the production and distribution of Spanish TV shows, publication of magazines, and online streaming of various programs. José is also part of the board of directors of 'Univision,' an American Spanish-language free-to-air TV network. José actively participates in philanthropic activities for the welfare of unprivileged people.
- José met Eva through a common friend in 2013. However, their first meeting was casual. Six months later, they met again. At that time, both were struggling to overcome their respective broken relationships. José and Eva eventually began dating each other. He proposed to her on December 15, 2015, on a trip to Dubai.
- After dating for three years, José and Eva got married on May 21, 2016. The wedding was organized in Valley de Bravo, Mexico. Celebrities such as Ricky Martin, David Beckham, Mario Lopez, and Victoria were among the guests. On June 19, 2018, José and Eva became proud parents of their son, Santiago Enrique Bastón.
- José was earlier married to actor and former model Natalia Esperon. They got married in 1995 and divorced in 2005. They married after the birth of their daughter, Natalia Bastón. In 2003, José and Natalia had triplets: two sons, Sebastian and Jose Antonio, and a daughter, Mariana. Unfortunately, a few days later, Sebastian died.
- José was born José Antonio Bastón Patiño, on April 13, 1968, in Mexico City, Mexico. His mother’s name is Gloria Patiño. José’s father, Ricardo Alfredo Bastón Talamantes, died in 2008. Being a private person, José has never revealed much about his family. Not much is known about his parents, his childhood, or his education.
- José is also known by his close friends as “Pepe.” Eva calls him "Mr. Fancy Pants," because José mostly dresses up in a suit and square pocket pants. José is fond of dressing up.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed