Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Heidi Klum’s Son
father: Seal (Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel)
mother: Heidi Klum
siblings: Helene Boshoven Samuel, Henry Günther Ademola Dashtu Samuel, Lou Sulola Samuel
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel is the son of supermodel Heidi Klum and singer-songwriter Seal. He is the third child of his mother and the second biological child of his father. As the son of two Hollywood A-listers, Johan Riley is growing up with a considerable amount of media attention directed at him. His mother, Klum, was featured on the cover of the 1998 ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue’ and is the first German model to become a Victoria’s Secret Angel. A businessperson, television personality, fashion designer, author, actress, and singer, Klum is one of the most prominent expatriates from her native country. Johan’s father, Seal, is an internationally popular British musician who has won four Grammys. Creative and artistic, Johan takes after his father in more ways than one.
- Johan’s mother was pregnant with her first child when she met his father at a London awards dinner in early 2004. They met once more a few weeks later at an exclusive gym in New York. He had just finished his workout and had only a towel on. They had their first date five weeks later in Los Angles. She told him about the pregnancy the next morning and Seal, who had a turbulent childhood due to an abusive father and absentee mother, made a resolve to be a good father to the child.
- They continued dating after the birth of the child. Seal proposed to Klum 14,000 feet up on a glacier in British Columbia in December 2004. Four months later, on May 10, 2005, they were married.
- Johan was born on November 22, 2006, at 17:01 in Los Angeles, California, United States. Subsequently, a post signed by Seal was released, reading “He is healthy, beautiful and looks just like his mother... To our children, a brother/ To our parents, a grandson/ To my wife and I, a son/ To our family, a blessing." Johan was a brainiac as a toddler but as he grew up, he began to show his artistic and creative side. He loves arts and paintings. An inquisitive child, he always seems to have a book under his arm.
- Klum and Seal divorced on October 14, 2014. Despite this, Johan and his siblings are being raised by both of their parents.
- Johan has three siblings. Klum’s first child, Helene (born May 4, 2004), is from her previous marriage to businessman and former Renault F1 team manager Flavio Briatore. Following Helene’s birth, Klum, Briatore, and Seal, whom Klum had been dating at the time, came to an agreement and Seal took up the responsibility of being the father figure in the newborn’s life. Johan’s older brother, Henry, was born on September 12, 2005, and his younger sister, Lou, on October 9, 2009.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed