Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Joseph Jonas, DJ Danger, Joseph Adam
Born in: Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
Famous as: Singer
Height: 1.73 m
father: Kevin Jonas Sr.
mother: Denise Miller-Jonas
U.S. State: Arizona
Net worth: $18 million
education: Eastern Christian High School
Joseph Adam Jonas, popularly known as Joe Jonas, is a well-known singer and actor, who rose to fame as a member of the pop-rock band Jonas Brothers. He is also known for his roles in a few original movies and TV shows on the Disney Channel. Along with his brothers, Paul “Kevin” Jonas II and Nicholas “Nick” Jerry Jonas, he formed the Jonas Brothers band in 2005. After gaining some popularity with their music, they became even more famous through some of their appearances on the Disney Channel TV Network. They starred in ‘Camp Rock’, a Disney Channel Original Movie in 2008, as well as its sequel ‘Camp Rock 2’. The band, which has released four albums till date, is also known for its philanthropic activities. After having earned an estimated $12 million in 2007, they donated 10% of it to ‘Change for the Children Foundation’. The group has been nominated for 88 awards till date, having won 52 of them. Jonas also released a solo album, which was named ‘Fastlife’, in 2011. It was a moderate commercial success. Though initially it stood at number fifteen on the US Billboard 200 in its first week of release, soon it fell off the chart. After the break-up of the Jonas Brothers in the 2010s, Joe formed a new band named DNCE, which released its first single ‘Cake by the Ocean’ in 2015.
- Joe Jonas was born as Joseph Adam Jonas, on 15 August 1989, in Casa Grande, Arizona, in the United States. His father is Paul Kevin Sr., a former Christian minister, and a musician, and his mother is Denise, a former sign-language teacher. He has three brothers: Kevin, Nick, and Frankie.Everyone in his family was inclined towards music. His brother Nick signed a contract with Columbia records, and Joe Jonas, having noticed that his brother was having a lot of fun in his career, also decided to follow in his footsteps.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Joe Jonas began his career at quite an early age. He appeared in Baz Luhrmann's Broadway production of Giacomo Puccini's opera ‘La Bohème’ when he was just 12years old. Soon he also started collaborating with his brothers Nick and Kevin.Soon the brothers were signed by Columbia Records, and shortly after, they decided to form their own group. Though the name ‘Sons of Jonas’ was initially considered, they later settled with the name ‘Jonas Brothers’. The band was formed in the year 2005.Their debut single ‘Mandy’ was released in December 2005. Their second single ‘Year 3000’, was released in March the following year. Finally on 8 August 2006, the group released their debut studio album ‘It’s About Time’. Though the album initially sold well, it didn’t match their expectations because of which the group was eventually dropped by the record label.Soon the group signed a new contract with ‘Hollywood Records’, after which they released their second studio album ‘Jonas Brothers’. Peaking at number 5 on the US Billboard 200, the album turned out to be quite a success, selling over two million copies across the country.In 2008, Jonas starred in a lead role in ‘Camp Rock’ a Disney Channel Original Movie. Directed by Matthew Diamond, the film starred Jonas as Shane Gray, a famed and reputed singer, who, in order to get rid of his arrogant personality, joins a Music Camp named Camp Rock. The film did well, with its premiere attracting nearly 9 million viewers. A sequel, ‘Camp Rock 2’, was released two years later, in which Jonas reprised his role.Along with his group, he released their third studio album in 2008, which was named ‘A Little Bit Longer’. It was received favorably by critics.Jonas appeared in a lead role in the TV series ‘Jonas L.A.’, which aired in the Disney Channel in 2009. The series, which premiered in May 2009, received mixed reviews from critics but got appreciation from the audience. He also appeared in two episodes of the popular award-winning American TV series ‘Hot in Cleveland’.Continue Reading Below‘Lines, Vines and Trying Times’, the fourth album by the group Jonas Brothers, was released in June 2009. The album was a huge success, peaking at number 1 on the Billboard 200, and selling 247,000 copies within the first week. However reviews from critics, as well as fans, were mixed, and the album was criticized for being “premature”.Joe Jonas’ debut studio album ‘Fastlife’ was released in October 2011. Though the album initially stood at number 15 in the Billboard 200, it later fell off the chart. It also failed to be much of a commercial success.Later, after the band ‘Jonas Brothers’ was officially broken up, Joe Jonas formed a new band ‘DNCE’ along with Jack Lawless, Cole Whittle and JinJoo Lee. They released their debut single ‘Cake by the Ocean’ in September 2015. Their debut extended play ‘Swaay’, was released by Republic Records in October 2015.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- ’Jonas Brothers’, the second studio album by the Jonas Brothers band, was the first one to be released under Hollywood records. Released on 7 August 2007, the album was a huge hit, peaking at number 5 on the US Billboard 200. It gained immense popularity in other countries as well, peaking at number one on Argentina Albums and Venezuela Albums charts. It received mostly mixed reviews from critics.‘Lines, Vines and Trying Times’, was the fourth studio album by Joe Jonas, with his group Jonas Brothers. The album, which released in June 2009, is probably the most successful work of his career. Debuting at number one on the US Billboard 200, the album managed to sell 247,000 copies within just a week of its release. With singles, such as ‘World War III’ and ‘Paranoid’, it also did quite well in other countries, peaking at number 1 in Canadian Albums, Spanish Albums, as well as Venezuela Albums.’Cake by the Ocean’, a single released by Jonas with his new band DNCE in September 2015, is also among his most successful works. The single peaked at number 9 in the US Billboard 200, and was declared by Billboard to be at number 44 on their ‘100 Best Pop Songs of 2016’ list. The song reached the top ten on several national record charts including Australia, Canada, Germany as well as the UK.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- As an individual, Joe Jonas won the ‘Los Premios MTV Latinoamerica Award’ for Fashionista Award - Male in 2008 and the ‘Kids Choice Award’ for Favorite TV Actor in 2009.Along with his band Jonas Brothers, Jonas has won a total of 52 awards including one American Music Award, two Kids Choice Awards, five National Music Express Awards, five Planeta Awards, and several Teen Choice Awards.Love Life
- Joe Jonas is known to have dated several well-known celebrities, such as singer Taylor Swift, actress Camilla Belle, as well as model Gigi Hadid.
1. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009)
(Fantasy, Family, Comedy, Adventure)
2. Zoolander 2 (2016)
How To CiteArticle Title- Joe Jonas BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/joe-jonas-15034.phpLast Updated- January 08, 2018
People Also Viewed