Jim Toth Biography
Also Known As: James Joseph Toth
Born in: Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Famous as: Husband of Reese Witherspoon
Height: 1.85 m
Spouse/Ex-: Reese Witherspoon (m. 2011)
father: Jimmy Joe Toth
children: Tennessee James Toth
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
education: Loyola Marymount University
Jim Toth is an American talent scout who serves as the head of motion picture talent at Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in Los Angeles, a talent firm that manages a majority of Hollywood stars including Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep and Lady Gaga. However, he is better known as the second husband of Oscar-winning American actress, producer, and entrepreneur Reese Witherspoon. While his wife is also a client of the company, she is not represented by him. Nevertheless, he has an impressive client list that includes celebrities like Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jamie Foxx and Matthew McConaughey. Witherspoon, who has recently turned to film production, has praised her husband for making her ambitious by encouraging her to be a producer. In an interview with Marie Claire for their March 2018 cover story, she also revealed that her supportive husband cares a lot about equality and encourages her to be outspoken in her business relations. He supports the 'Stand Up To Cancer' initiative and established the Jim Toth Sr. Breakthrough Lung Cancer Research Award in memory of his father who died of cancer.
- James 'Jim' Joseph Toth was born in 1970 in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. His grandfather was an immigrant from Hungary who found work at Crucible Steel in Midland, Pennsylvania, and also served in the army. His father, Jimmy Joe Toth, had a blue-collar job in a small steel town in rural Pennsylvania. He graduated with a degree in political science from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. He is very athletic and loves to run and participate in sports.
- Jim Toth began his career working in the mailroom of Creative Artists Agency. With hard work and determination, he climbed up the ladder to become a talent agent, working with several Hollywood A-listers. In September 2010, he was promoted to his current position as one of the two heads of motion picture talent at the organization. While he had close relationships with many of his company's clients, he actually met Witherspoon, also one of their clients, in a bar. Despite their attempts to keep a low profile, media outlets extensively covered their whirlwind love affair, engagement within a few months of dating, and subsequent marriage.
- Interestingly, Jim Toth met Reese Witherspoon first met in a bar in March 2010 and they began talking after he had come to apologize to her for the behavior of a friend who was hitting on her. As the two began dating soon after, according to his friends, Toth, who was known as a ladies' man, went through a transformation process. Genuinely in love with her, he treated her "like gold" and was willing to "do anything for her."
- Reese had already divorced from her first husband, actor, producer and director Ryan Phillippe, with whom she had two children, Ava and Deacon Phillippe. She had also recently ended her relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal before she and Toth started seeing each other.
- On December 28, 2010, Jim Toth proposed to Reese with a $250,000 four-karat diamond ring. He shared good relationship with her children from first marriage, Ava and Deacon, who were eleven and seven respectively at the time of their engagement. He is said to be close to Deacon, and the two often watch football matches together. The couple eventually got married on March 26, 2011 in Ojai, California. The star-studded ceremony was attended by guests like Alyssa Milano, Tobey Maguire, Isla Fisher, Salma Hayek and Renée Zellweger. His wife said in an interview that their relationship grew stronger as he understood the demands of her acting career, while she understands that he is not a celebrity. Later on September 27, 2012, the couple became proud parents of their first child, a boy named Tennessee James Toth.
- Jim Toth, along with his wife Reese Witherspoon, found himself on the other side of the law for literally driving on the other side of the lane in Atlanta in April 2013. The two were pulled over by police for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and were subsequently arrested. In the sobriety test, he was tested positive with a blood-alcohol level more than the legal limit. He was charged with DUI, which made his wife agitated as she tried to resist the police officer and threatened him about her star status. She was arrested for disorderly conduct, but both were released soon after paying fines. The couple were later heard on a dash-cam video arguing about the incident during which Toth told her that she should have let him get arrested instead of making it national news. She later apologized publicly for her behavior stating that she was "deeply embarrassed".
How To Cite
People Also Viewed