Jessica Weixler Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Louisville, Kentucky
Famous as: Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Hamish Brocklebank (m. 2015)
children: Beatrice Danger Brocklebank
U.S. State: Kentucky
City: Louisville, Kentucky
education: Juilliard School (BFA)
Jessica Weixler, better known as Jess Weixler, is an American actor, director, and screenwriter. She divides her time equally between films and TV. Though Jessica began her career with TV, she later gained more prominence as a film actor. In just a couple of years of her film debut, Jessica delivered a stellar performance in 'Teeth,' which earned her a prestigious award. Her TV career took a leap after she began playing ‘Robyn Burdine’ in 'The Good Wife' and later appeared in a main role in 'The Son.' Jessica is credited as a co-writer and co-director of the film 'Apartment Troubles,' in which she played the lead role. She is married to businessman Hamish Brocklebank and has an adorable daughter.
- Jessica was born Jessica Morgan Weixler, on June 8, 1981, in Louisville, Kentucky. She is the only child of Mark Weixler and Donna Emerick.
- Jessica graduated from 'Atherton High School' in Louisville in 1999. She was voted the most talented student in her high-school class. Following this, Jessica chose to study acting and attended the 'Walden Theatre Conservatory Program.' She was a member of the 'The River City Players' acting group and the 'Chamber Singers' choral group. Jessica then went to the 'Juilliard School.' At Julliard, she participated in Bruce Brubaker's ‘InterArts’ performance project.
- Jessica began her acting career with a TV role in 2003. She was cast as ‘Caroline Boyle’ in an episode of the 'CBS' soap opera 'Guiding Light.' The same year, she appeared as ‘Martha Skulnick’ in the 'CBS' crime drama ‘Hack.’ Following this, Jessica appeared as ‘Nikki’ in 'The WB' series 'Everwood' (2004) and as ‘Amy Buckley’ in the police-procedural drama 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' (2005).
- The 2005 romantic comedy 'Little Manhattan' marked Jessica’s debut in films. In the following years, she majorly worked in films, such as 'Teeth.' Jessica’s first significant big-screen project was the award-winning 2006 film 'The Big Bad Swim,' in which she essayed the role of a casino dealer/exotic dancer named ‘Jordan Gallagher.’
- 2007 was a profitable year for Jessica. She established herself with her outstanding acting skills in the horror–comedy film 'Teeth.' She played ‘Dawn O’Keefe,’ the protagonist with vagina dentata (a vagina containing teeth). The role earned her a ‘Gotham Independent Film Award’ nomination, for the ‘Breakthrough Actor’ award. It also earned her the 'Special Jury Prize' at the 'Sundance Film Festival.' Though the film was critically acclaimed, it did not perform well at the box office.
- Jessica made a comeback on TV in 2009, with 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent,' but played a different character, ‘Laura Green,’ this time. She also starred in a few films that year, such as the romantic independent drama 'Peter and Vandy' (as ‘Vandy), the drama 'Alexander the Last' (as ‘Alex’), and the comedy 'Today's Special' (as ‘Carrie’). In January 2009, Jessica was featured as the “New Indie Queen” of the year and one of the 14 “New Yorkers You Need to Know” in the American magazine 'New York.’
- In 2010, Jessica appeared as ‘Carrie Newton,’ a different role again, in the 'Law & Order' franchise. The same year, she appeared as ‘Julie’ in the American–Italian drama film 'A Woman' and as ‘Tammy’ in the romantic comedy 'Audrey the Trainwreck.' He also appeared in the short film 'Yes.' In the following 2 years, Jessica appeared in a bunch of comedy films, such as 'The Lie' (as ‘Clover’), 'Somebody Up There Likes Me' (as ‘Lyla’), 'Free Sample' (as ‘Jillian’), and 'The Normals' (as ‘Gretchen’). From 2013 to 2014, she played her first significant TV role, in the 'CBS' legal and political drama 'The Good Wife.' The series featured her as investigator ‘Robyn Burdine.’ She appeared in the recurring role in 19 episodes of the series.
- Jessica played ‘Katy Rigby,’ the sister of the lead character, ‘Eleanor Rigby,’ played by her real-life best friend Jessica Chastain, in the 2013 film 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her.' The The film was part of a trilogy (‘Him,’ ‘Her,’ and ‘Them.’) Jessica debuted as a writer and director with the comedy–drama film 'Apartment Troubles,' which premiered at the 2014 'Los Angeles Film Festival.' She had also starred in the film as ‘Nicole,’ along with Jennifer Prediger (who played ‘Olivia’).
- Jessica had begun writing the script of the film while living together with Jennifer in an apartment located in a bohemian, illegal sublet in the East Village. She liked the apartment and made it her story’s backdrop. To know more about the village, Jessica referred to the 1985 comedy–drama film 'Desperately Seeking Susan.' Unfortunately, the film failed to impress critics and received average ratings.
- Jessica then starred in the drama films 'Lamb' (as ‘Linny,’ 2015) and 'Sister Cities' (as ‘Austin Baxter,’ 2016). On June 9, 2015, the weekly entertainment magazine 'Variety' announced that Jessica had been signed for the thriller film titled 'Money.' She appeared in the film as ‘Sylvia Dudek,’ an art professional. Her performance in the film earned her the ‘Best Actress’ award at the 2016 'Silk Road International Film Festival' in Xi'an, China. Jessica appeared as ‘Hanna Weathers’ in the 2017 Canadian romantic comedy–drama film 'Entanglement.'
- In 2017, Jessica began her stint in the western drama TV series 'The Son.' Based on Philipp Meyer’s book of the same name, the series featured her in the main role of ‘Sally McCullough.’ She was seen as ‘Joan’ in a 2018 episode of the 'ABC' crime-procedural drama 'Deception.'
- Jessica’s upcoming projects include the action thriller 'Eve' and the sequel to the 2017 horror supernatural 'It,' titled ‘It: Chapter Two,’ in which she will play ‘Audra Phillips.’ Both the films are scheduled to release in 2019. Jessica is represented by celebrity talent agency 'Imprint PR.'
- Jessica is married to Hamish Brocklebank, an English businessman and one of the co-founders of the online educational platform 'Flooved.' They had dated for some time before walking the aisle. The two had a beach wedding in 2015.
- In November 2018, Jessica announced her pregnancy. She gave birth to a baby girl in March 2019 and named her Beatrice Danger Brocklebank.
- Jessica is a good friend of her colleague Jessica Chastain. They had known each other since their 'Julliard' days and were roommates in college. At ‘Julliard,’ they were almost always cast together, and sometimes opposite each other, in plays. They were cast as a mother–daughter duo in 'Romeo and Juliet' and as sisters in many other plays.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed