Jensen Ackles Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Jensen Ross Ackles
Born Country: United States
Born in: Dallas, Texas, United States
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Danneel Ackles (m. 2010)
father: Alan Roger Ackles
mother: Donna Joan
siblings: Joshua, Joshua Ackles, Mackenzie, Mackenzie Ackles
children: Arrow Rhodes Ackles, Justice Jay Ackles, Zeppelin Bram Ackles
U.S. State: Texas
education: Dartmouth Elementary School(1990), Apollo Junior High School, Lloyd V. Berkner High School
Jensen Ackles is a popular American actor and director. Ackles wanted to pursue a career in sports medicine to become a therapist, but a modeling stint changed his life. Soon, he played the role of ‘Eric Brady’ in the ‘Emmy’ award-winning show ‘Days of our Lives.’ He is known for his bewitchingly good looks, stunning screen-presence, and stupendous ability to enchant his viewers with his acting skills. He had a very unpretentious beginning and made a mark in both television and Hollywood as an actor with ‘superstar’ qualities. He is best known for portraying the characters of ‘Eric Brady,’ ‘Jason Teague,’ and ‘Dean Winchester’ in various popular American shows. He is the proud recipient of numerous awards and honors. Apart from being an actor, he has also tried his hand at direction and production during his spare time. He has directed a couple of episodes of ‘Supernatural’ and received appreciation for the same. He considers himself a non-denominational Christian and is currently married to ‘One Tree Hill’ actor Danneel Harris.
- Jensen Ross Ackles was born on March 1, 1978, in Dallas, Texas, USA, to Donna Joan and Alan Roger Ackles, an actor. He is of Irish-Scottish-English descent. When he was only four years old, he got to work as a part-time child model.
- He was enrolled to ‘Dartmouth Elementary School’ and later graduated from ‘L.V Berkner High School’ in 1996 in Richardson, Texas.
- He dreamt of studying sports medicine. In order to become a physical therapist, he decided to enroll at ‘Texas Tech University.’ However, his dreams were put on hold when he moved to Los Angeles.
- He started taking his acting career seriously in 1996. Subsequently, he began appearing in a number of guest roles in shows like ‘Mr. Rhodes,’ ‘Sweet Valley High’ and ‘Cybill.’
- His talent was soon recognized by directors and he landed the role of ‘Eric Brady’ in the NBC show ‘Days of our Lives’ in 1998.
- He left the show in 2000 and made brief appearances in the series ‘Blonde,’ which was based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. He then auditioned for the role of ‘Clark Kent’ for ‘Smallville,’ but he was unsuccessful.
- He appeared in James Cameron’s ‘Dark Angel’ opposite Jessica Alba in 2001. His performance in the show was lauded, so much so that he was recast in the show, even after the death of his character, till the show’s unfortunate cancelation in 2002.
- Throughout the next year, he appeared in a number of moderately-successful shows. He was then cast in the award-winning show ‘Dawson’s Creek’ where he played the role of ‘CJ.’ He then made guest appearances in ‘Still Life,’ which was supposed to be aired on Fox, but never did.
- His career graph mounted gradually and he was given a small role in ‘The Plight of Clownana.’ He was offered a role in the series ‘Tru Calling’ but he turned down the role and it was eventually offered to Eric Olsen.
- In 2004, he moved to Vancouver and played the role of an assistant football trainer in ‘Smallville.’ His character was also the love interest of ‘Lana Lang.’
- In 2005, he and his father Alan Ackles starred in the film ‘Devour’ where they played reel-life father and son.
- In 2005, he was offered the lead role of ‘Dean Winchester’ in ‘Supernatural.’ As of 2020, the series has completed 15 successful seasons with him in the lead.
- In 2007, he appeared in a small role in the rom-com ‘Ten Inch Hero.’ He received appreciation for his comic-timing. The same year, he also had a role in ‘A Few Good Men.’ This was his first certified theatre debut.
- In 2009, he appeared in ‘My Bloody Valentine 3D.’ The following year, he voiced ‘Jason Todd / Red Hood’ in the animated superhero adventure film ‘Batman: Under the Red Hood.’
- ‘Disney Interactive Studios’ gave Ackles an opportunity to lend his voice for a character called ‘Gibson’ in a video game titled ‘Tron: Evolution.’ He gladly accepted the offer and the video game released on December 7, 2010.
- This brilliant actor is also a talented singer. He released his first single titled ‘Sounds of Someday.’ In collaboration with Steve Carlson, Jensen also released his debut album ‘Radio Company Vol 1’ in 2019.
- He landed the role of ‘Dean Winchester’ in the most successful series of his career, ‘Supernatural.’ The series is reportedly viewed by over 5.69 million viewers and the ratings for all seasons have been consistently high. It has been named among the ‘Top 10 Shows’ in America and is rated by ‘The New York Times’ as ‘among the wildest and most entertaining series prime time.’
- He won the ‘Soap Opera Digest Award’ for ‘Best Male Newcomer’ for ‘Days of Our Lives’ in 1998.
- In 2006, he was ranked 26th in TV Guide’s list of ‘50 Sexiest Men.’
- He received a nomination at ‘Ewwy Award’ for ‘Best Actor in a Drama Series’ for ‘Supernatural’ in 2008.
- He won the ‘TV Guide Award’ for ‘Favorite Actor’ for ‘Supernatural’ in 2011.
- He married the ‘One Tree Hill’ actress Danneel Harris on May 15, 2010, after three years of courtship. They have a daughter named JJ Ackles who was born on May 30, 2013. The couple was also blessed with twins, a boy and a girl, named Zeppelin Bram and Arrow Rhodes in December 2016.
- This ‘Supernatural’ star loves to snack on dark chocolate and claims it to be his favorite midnight snack. When he is not acting, he engages himself in golf and photography.
Jensen Ackles Movies
1. Ten Inch Hero (2007)
(Romance, Drama, Comedy)
2. My Bloody Valentine (2009)
|2016||Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor||Supernatural (2005)|
|2014||Favorite TV Bromance||Supernatural (2005)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed