Jay Alvarrez Bio
Jay Alvarrez is a Hawaiian-born American social media influencer who became popular for his Instagram posts featuring his travels to exotic and luxury locations, often participating in extreme sports like skydiving, surfing and skating. While he is most famous for his 5.9 million follower count on Instagram, he is also a successful YouTuber with 1.2 million subscribers. He initially gained popularity for posting photos and videos with famous Instagram model and his then girlfriend Alexis Ren. Since then, thanks to his social media fame, he has earned modeling jobs for Express, Calvin Klein and the Hyundai Tucson, and became the face of Bonds swimwear in late 2017. He previously worked on ad campaigns for Armani Exchange and Ralph Lauren’s Ralph Love Fragrance. He is also a music producer who worked for Kygo’s song titled 'Carry Me'.
- Jay Alvarrez's fascination for photography began early on after he became infatuated with a girl named Amber in school. Both of them were convinced that they could make money with their creativity, and dropped out of school while in the seventh grade. At the age of 15, he decided to leave home so he could pursue his dream fully. Having no money to sustain himself, he had to take every opportunity to do every little job he could get and saved up money to spend on his passion: traveling to exotic places. The same year, he lost his mother, which emotionally devastated him and plunged him into deep depression. However, he feels that depression and art go hand-in-hand, as he eventually gained the confidence to be himself and live life without filters. Realizing that social media was "becoming a thing" at the time, he decided to share photos and videos of him traveling all around the world and participating in extreme sports like skydiving on various social media platforms.Recommended Lists:
- Jay Alvarrez had started out on Tumblr, but soon switched to Instagram and YouTube. He got his break as a model thanks to his social media fame, and also because his relationship with Alexis Ren at the time. In his own words, "the paychecks just got bigger and the job just kept getting crazier." In due time, he became accustomed to his new lifestyle: spending summer in Greece and the Mediterranean, fall in Los Angeles and Miami, winter in Dubai and South East Asia, and then end spring in Central America and the Caribbean.Recommended Lists:
- Jay Alvarrez, who had been in a relationship with Alexis Ren from 2014 to 2016, became involved in a public fight with her on social media after they broke up. While they took time to make the split official, fans were already speculating that everything was not right in their picture-perfect relationship. However, in February 2017, Alexis started a Twitter rant with cryptic messages. She even claimed that the breakup was because "the relationship wasn’t good for his business anymore." It became ugly after she body shamed him commenting about his private parts, following which he issued a response refuting her claims. He also suggested that she needed to be a bigger person instead of being bitter.Recommended Lists:
- Jay Alvarrez was born on July 5, 1995 in Oahu, Hawaii. He dropped out of school in the seventh grade and left home when he was 15. According to him, it was his mother who kept him grounded, but after losing her at 15, he went through emotionally challenging time. Ironically, while living the dream life, he began to feel bored of the things he had been doing and was homesick eventually. He missed his family and friends in the little island on the Pacific Ocean so much that after three long years, in the summer of 2017, he packed his bag and returned to Hawaii to seek a more balanced lifestyle. He had enough money saved up from his work and decided to buy the perfect surf house right on the beach he grew up. He currently spends a lot of time improving himself "mentally and psychologically". He revealed in a tweet that he suffers from both Dyslexia and ADHD.
- Alvarrez, who always thought of himself as an outcast who had different thoughts, feelings and interests than most people, had begun receiving fan messages from people from different parts of the world telling him how he inspired them to leave their small town to try something new. This inspired him to post the compilation video 'Jay In The Simulation EP #1 - Who is Jay Alvarrez?' in March 2018, with footage from his earlier work and added voiceover commentary telling the story of his life. While he was engrossed in making animations, house music and virtual reality videos, he rediscovered his love for making short episodic videos with this upload.
Jay Alvarrez Fans Also Viewed