Jason Priestley Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Jason Bradford Priestley
Born Country: Canada
Born in: North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Naomi Lowde-Priestley (m. 2005), Ashlee Petersen (m. 1999–2000)
father: Lorne Priestley
mother: Sharon Kirk
siblings: Justine Priestley
children: Ava Veronica Priestley, Dashiell Orson Priestley
City: Vancouver, Canada
education: Argyle Secondary School, Delta Secondary School
Jason Bradford Priestley is a Canadian-American actor and director. He has appeared in several television and film projects. He started his career as a child artist in TV commercials before moving on to TV programs. He has acted in a number of television shows and is known for playing ‘Brandon Walsh’ and ‘Richard Fitzpatrick’ in ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ and ‘Call Me Fitz,’ respectively. Priestley is also known for appearing in other television programs, such as ‘Teen Angel,’ ‘Sister Kate,’ ‘Tru Calling,’ ‘Love Monkey,’ ‘Side Order of Life,’ ‘Haven,’ ‘Raising Expectations,’ and ‘Private Eyes.’ He has also worked in movies, such as ‘Love and Death on Long Island,’ ‘Eye of the Beholder,’ ‘Double Down,’ ‘The Fourth Angel,’ ‘Going the Distance,’ and ‘Enter the Dangerous Mind.’ As a director, he has directed 15 episodes of ‘Beverly Hills, 90210,’ five episodes of ‘The Secret Life of the American Teenager,’ and four episodes of ‘Working the Engels.’ Priestley, whose favorite activities include race car driving, has also participated in many racing events. This actor-cum-director is a huge fan of the Canadian rock band ‘Barenaked Ladies’ and has supported the band several times. Very few people know that the multi-talented Priestley is a published author as well!
- Jason Priestley was born Jason Bradford Priestley on August 28, 1969, in British Columbia, Canada. He is the son of Canadian actress Sharon Kirk. He has an older sister named Justine Priestley who is an actress. Priestley also has two step-siblings, Kristi and Karin.
- He attended ‘Argyle Secondary School.’ He later enrolled at a high school located in Ladner, British Columbia.
- Jason Priestley began his television career by appearing in advertisements for companies like ‘Fletcher's Meats.’ He then played minor roles in series, such as ‘Airwolf’ and ‘21 Jump Street.’
- He starred as ‘Buzz Gunderson’ in the teen fantasy drama series ‘Teen Angel’ in 1989. The same year, he played ‘Todd Mahaffey’ in the sitcom ‘Sister Kate.’
- In 1990, the actor portrayed the character of ‘Brandon Walsh’ in the series ‘Beverly Hills, 90210.’ He also directed 15 of the series’ episodes. Two years later, he hosted an episode of ‘Saturday Night Live.’ The following year, he had a voice role in ‘Eek! The Cat.’
- Priestley then appeared in movies like ‘Calendar Girl’ and ‘Tombstone.’ He then acted in the TV movie ‘Choices of the Heart: The Margaret Sanger Story.’
- In 1997, the Canadian-American star lent his voice for the television movie ‘Vanishing Point.’ The following year, he had another voice role in ‘Superman: The Animated Series.’
- Jason Priestley was featured in films like ‘Dill Scallion’ and ‘Eye of the Beholder’ in 1999. A year later, he voiced the character of ‘Lion’ in the film ‘Lion of Oz.’
- After this, he had movie roles in ‘Double Down,’ ‘The Fourth Angel,’ ‘Cherish,’ ‘Cover Story,’ ‘Time of the Wolf,’ and ‘Die, Mommie, Die!’
- In the year 2004, the actor hosted the documentary ‘Rides’ and appeared in TV movies ‘I Want to Marry Ryan Banks’ and ‘Sleep Murder.’ Priestley was also cast as ‘Jack Harper’ in the series ‘Tru Calling’ the same year.
- He then starred in the comedy-drama flick ‘Hot Tamale’ in 2006. That year, he also acted in the drama ‘Love Monkey’ as well as in the TV miniseries ‘Above and Beyond.’
- Priestley was then cast as ‘Ian Denison’ in the series ‘Side Order of Life’ in 2007. After this, he appeared in television movies like ‘A Very Merry Daughter of the Bride’ and ‘Expecting a Miracle.’
- In 2010, he had a recurring role in the drama series ‘Haven.’ From 2010 to 2013, he played the lead role in the series ‘Call Me Fitz.’ In 2013, he played ‘Dr. Dubrow’ in the psychological-thriller film ‘Enter the Dangerous Mind.’
- In 2015, Priestley appeared in the live action/animated flick ‘Zoom.’ The following year, he was offered lead roles in series like ‘Raising Expectations’ and ‘Private Eyes.’
- Jason was part of TV movies like ‘Fallen Hearts’ and ‘Gates of Paradise’ in 2019. He also had a main role in the comedy series ‘BH90210’ the same year. As of 2020, he was seen playing ‘Matt Shade’ in the Canadian series ‘Private Eyes.’
- From early to the mid-1990s, Jason Priestley rallied a ‘Toyota Celica All-Trac’ in ‘SCCA Pro Rally Series.’ He later drove ‘Ford Mustang’ in other competitions, such as ‘IMSA GTS,’ ‘USRRC GT1,’ and ‘Motorola Cup competition.’
- In 1997, Jason Priestley directed the documentary film ‘Barenaked in America.’ He then appeared in TV movies like ‘Common Ground,’ ‘Homicide: The Movie,’ and ‘Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye.’
- In 2002, he played a cameo role in Britney Spears’ music video ‘Boys.’ The same year, he played ‘Santa Dude’ in the TV special ‘The True Meaning of Christmas Specials.’
- He directed the TV series ‘The Secret Life of the American Teenager’ in 2008. The drama series became a hit among female and teenage viewers. The series was nominated for several ‘Teen Choice Awards.’
- Jason Priestley has received nominations for multiple awards, including ‘Gemini Awards’ and ‘Young Artist Awards.’ He was nominated twice for the ‘Golden Globe Award’ for his performance in ‘Beverly Hills, 90210.’
- In August 2016, this Canadian-American actor/director was inducted into ‘Canada's Walk of Fame.’
- From 1992 to 1997, Jason Priestley was in a live-in relationship with actress Christine Elise.
- He was married to Ashlee Peterson from 1999 to 2000.
- On May 14, 2005, he got married to make-up artist Naomi Lowde. Two years later, the couple was blessed with a daughter whom they named Ava Veronica. On July 9, 2009, Lowde gave birth to their second child, a son whom they named Dashiell Orson.
- In 2007, Priestley got his American citizenship.
- In 1999, he participated in the first ‘Gumball 3000’ rally in which he drove a ‘Lotus Esprit V-8.’
- He was one of the owners of ‘FAZZT Race Team.’ The car that competed in the 2010 ‘IndyCar Series’ was bought by ‘Sam Schmidt Motorsports’ in 2011.
- In August 2012, Jason was involved in an accident which left him seriously injured. He rammed his car into a wall at 290 km/h during a practice run.
- Other than race-driving, Priestley likes hockey.
- In May 2014, he came up with his autobiography ‘Jason Priestley: A Memoir.’
- Priestley studied at the same high school in British Columbia as Will Sasso.
Jason Priestley Movies
1. Tombstone (1993)
(History, Romance, Action, Western, Biography, Drama)
2. Love and Death on Long Island (1997)
3. Coldblooded (1995)
(Action, Comedy, Thriller)
4. Cherish (2002)
(Thriller, Mystery, Drama, Comedy)
5. The Boy Who Could Fly (1986)
(Fantasy, Drama, Romance)
6. Die, Mommie, Die! (2003)
7. Hot Tamale (2006)
(Comedy, Thriller, Action, Crime)
8. Going the Distance (2004)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed