Jake Stormoen Biography
Jake Stormoen is an American actor, best known for playing Dagen in the ‘Mythica’ film series. He is also famous for playing ‘Captain Garret Spears’ in the fantasy-adventure drama television series ‘The Outpost.’ Starting his acting career with short films, Stormoen has acted in several feature films and TV series. In 2015, he won the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ award at the ‘Utah Film Festival’ for playing ‘Airk’ in John Lyde-directed fantasy film ‘The Christmas Dragon.’ Apart from acting, he has also worked as a writer and associate producer in a couple of short films.
- Jake Stormoen was born Jacob Leif Stormoen on July 20, 1988, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. He is of mixed ethnicity and his parents are of Norwegian descent. Stormoen grew up in Minneapolis along with his younger sister Anna Stormoen. After graduating from high school, he was enrolled at the ‘University of Southern Queensland’ in Australia. After returning to the United States, he decided to move to Los Angeles, California to establish a career in the field of entertainment.
- He made his acting debut in 2006 when he was cast to play Ethan Banks in a short film titled ‘Deadbolt.’ The following year, he was seen playing Brandon Woods in a 46-minute video titled ‘Absolute.’ Apart from playing the lead role, he was also credited for writing the story of ‘Absolute.’ Stormoen made his feature film debut in 2008 when he played Dan in Jon M. Chu-directed musical-drama dance film ‘Step Up 2: The Streets.’ He made his TV debut in 2012 when he played Alfred in one of the episodes of a television series titled ‘Lucky Days.’ In the same year, he was also seen in the comedy TV series ‘My Gimpy Life.’ In 2013, he played Joey in a TV series titled ‘Zombie Break Room’ and then played Stan in a short film titled ‘Compossibility Theory.’ In 2014, Stormoen was cast to play Airk in ‘The Christmas Dragon.’ His performance in the film earned him the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ award at the ‘Utah Film Festival.’
- Stormoen received his breakthrough role in 2014 when he was cast to play Dagen in Anne K. Black-directed fantasy film ‘Mythica: A Quest for Heroes.’ He would go on to reprise his role as Dagen in sequels, such as ‘Mythica: The Darkspore,’ ‘Mythica: The Iron Crown,’ ‘Mythica: The Necromancer,’ and ‘Mythica: The Godslayer.’ Meanwhile, he also played supporting roles in films, such as ‘War Pigs,’ ‘Miracle Maker,’ ‘Cyborg X,’ and ‘Nocturne.’ He also played prominent roles in short films like ‘Be My Frankenstein,’ ‘Triple Wong Dare You,’ ‘Kiss the Devil in the Dark,’ and ‘Grace Note.’ Apart from playing Dominic in ‘Grace Note,’ he also worked as an associate producer. Stormoen received his first recurring role in a television series when he became part of the main cast of a science fiction series titled ‘Extinct.’ He played Duncan in the series, appearing in nine episodes. In 2018, he appeared in a couple of TV movies, namely ‘Devil's Got My Back’ and ‘Christmas Wonderland.’ He was also seen playing the lead role of Mateho in Kurt Knight-directed horror-thriller film ‘The Appearance.’ In the same year, he also became part of the main cast of fantasy-adventure drama television series ‘The Outpost.’ He played Captain Garret Spears throughout the first season of the series.
- Jake Stormoen is close to his father and enjoys spending time with him. His father was a member of the ‘United States Army Special Forces’ (The Green Berets). After serving the ‘US Army Special Forces,’ he worked as a gymnastics coach for a brief period. Apart from spending time with his father, Jake Stormoen also loves surfing the internet.
- He is active on social media platforms, such as Twitter and Instagram where he has many followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed