Jackson Wang is a Hong Kong-South Korean rapper, singer and dancer. He came to fame as a member of the South Korean boy group, ‘Got7.’ His parents were sportspersons and his father wanted Jackson to become a fencer like him. He won the Asian Junior Cadet Fencing Championship but decided to follow his passion. He relocated to South Korea and made his debut with the number, ‘Girls Girls Girls.’ He made his debut on the Chinese television as a presenter of the show, ‘Go Fridge,’ and wrote the music for the theme song of the show. He later became the brand ambassador of Hong Kong Tourism and several other products. He speaks multiple languages and is active on social media where he has a great fan following.
- Jackson was born Wang Ka Yee on March 28, 1994, in Kowloon Tong, British Hong Kong, to Wang Ruiji and Sophia Chow. His father represented China and won an Asian Games gold medal in fencing. His mother was an acrobatics gymnast from Shanghai, China. He is the second of two children.He studied at the American International School in Hong Kong till the 11th grade and started learning fencing from the age of 10. His father trained him in the sport and he became a member of the Hong Kong national fencing team. During the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics, he was ranked eleventh. He went on to win a number of fencing titles, including the winner of the Asian Junior Cadet Fencing Championship in 2011.Though Jackson was shaping up as a fencer with great potential, his mind was always on the show business. He turned down a scholarship to Stanford University for fencing in favour of an offer from the South Korean talent agency, ‘JYP Entertainment.’In July 2011, he relocated to Seoul, South Korea, to train for K-pop under JYP Entertainment. Two years later he appeared in the reality show, ‘WIN: Who is Next,’ as a trainee of ‘JYP Entertainment’ against trainees of ‘YG Entertainment.’Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Jackson joined the South Korean boy band called ‘Got7’ and made his official debut with the number, ‘Girls Girls Girls,’ in January 2014. The number featured in the EP ‘Got It’. He also made his first solo appearance at the SBS reality show, ‘Roommate,’ that year. For his performance, he received the ‘Newcomers Award’ at the 2014 ‘SBS Entertainment Awards.’Jackson appeared in several other South Korean variety shows between 2014 and 2015 and was selected as the MC for the SBS Inkigayo music show in May 2015. He also held his first concert with ‘Got7’ in Seoul that year, and sang his self composed numbers, ‘I Love It’ and ‘We Only Live Once.’By the end of 2015, he made his debut on Chinese television as a presenter of the show ‘Go Fridge.’ He also wrote and composed the music for the theme song of seasons 2 and 3 of the show.He appeared on the show, ‘Fighting Man,’ alongside stars like Jam Hsiao, Jing Boran and Wang Kai, in 2016. He also appeared as an MC for the Hunan TV show, ‘Fresh Sunday,’ and appeared in his first commercial for the Chinese electrical company, ‘Midea’.He announced his first solo album in 2017 and released the English number, ‘Papillion,’ along with the Chinese single, ‘Novoland: The Castle in the Sky.’ He was invited to the 2017 ‘MTV Europe Music Awards’ as an ambassador of Great China and was chosen as Alibaba Group Tmall Global’s Chief Wonderful Goods Officer.He has been appointed the brand ambassador of Hong Kong Tourism and several other products. His second and third self-written solo singles, ‘Okay’ and ‘Dawn of Us’ were arranged in collaboration with ‘BOYTOY’ and have been popular with his fans. His song, ‘Fendiman,’ topped the ‘US iTunes Pop Charts.’Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- His single hits include ‘Some Strange Work’ (2016), ‘Papillon’ (2017), ‘Okay’ (2017), and ‘Fendiman’ (2018).In 2015, he appeared as himself in the television series, ‘Dream Knight,’ and ‘Producers’.His other television appearances include ‘Roommate’ (2014), ‘Go Fridge’ (2016), ‘Where is My Friend’s Home’ (2016), and ‘Hot Blood Dance Crew’ (2018).He has released a number of music videos, including ‘Some Strange Work’ (2016), ‘Generation 2’ (2017), ‘Mood’ (2017), ‘Dawn of Us’ (2018) and ‘Lucky Rain’ (2018).Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- In 2014, he won the Best Male Rookie Award – Variety at the 8th SBS Entertainment Awards for his performance in ‘Roommate.’He was awarded ‘The Most Loved Entertaining Couple’ (with He Jiong) and ‘Annual Variety Star Award’ for his performance in ‘Go Fridge’ at the 16th ‘Top Chinese Music Awards’ and ‘Tencent Video Star Awards’ respectively, in 2016. He also won the ‘Perfect Match’ (with Park Jin-young) at the ‘Weekly Idol Awards’ that year.In 2017, he received several awards, including the ‘Breakthrough Singer of the Year’ for his single, ‘Papillon,’ at the ‘Tencent Video Star Awards.’He was declared ‘The Most Popular Newcomer of the Year’ at the ‘2018 Global Chinese Golden Chart Awards’ and received the ‘Choice Next Big Thing Teen Choice Award: 2018.’Personal Life
- Jackson is an extrovert and speaks Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, French, and English fluently. He has been residing in South Korea since 2015 and enjoys western lifestyle and culture.He is active on social media and enjoys a large fan following. Though he has several girls, he is not in a serious relationship with anyone.Trivia
- Jackson Wang established his own studio in China from where he endorsed several Chinese beverages, electronics, and clothing brands.
How To CiteArticle Title- Jackson Wang BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/jackson-wang-42026.phpLast Updated- September 05, 2018
People Also Viewed