Megan Thee Stallion Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Megan Pete
Born in: Houston, Texas
Famous as: Rapper
Spouse/Ex-: Holly Thomas
City: Houston, Texas
education: Prairie View A&M University, Texas Southern University
Megan Pete, known by her stage name Megan Thee Stallion, is an American rapper who became the first female rapper to be signed by the American record label 300 Entertainment. The Texas girl came into the spotlight for the first time through digital media while in college. Thee Stallion since has used the digital platform to make her way to the mainstream music world. She has used the video and image sharing platform Instagram to promote her free-styling ability and has successfully managed to garner a big fan following. She has released two extended plays since getting her breakthrough in 2017 and has released multiple popular singles as a lead artist. Thee Stallion has also featured in the videos of popular artistes like Olubowale Victor Akintimehin (known as Wale) and Danielle Bregoli (known as Bhad Bhabie). She released her very first studio album ‘Fever’ in 2019.
- Thee Stallion started rapping in her teens and had a lot of sexual content in her lyrics. While at Prairie View A&M University, Texas, she once got into a ‘cypher battle’ with boys and attracted a lot of attention on social media. She used the digital media extensively after this incident, realizing the power of the platform to put her on the path to success. She started making her own rap videos and used her Instagram account to reach out to the audience. The digital platform proved to be very effective as she soon started getting more followers. She uploaded her freestyle videos on her account and gradually started to make a name for herself on the platform.
- Her first mixtape, ‘Rich Ratchet,’ was released in 2016. It had popular tracks like ‘Like a Stallion’. In 2017, Thee Stallion released her first extended play ‘Make It Hot’ and experienced overwhelming response on digital media. The single ‘Last Week in H TX’ has garnered almost six million views on YouTube. She signed a deal with the record label 1501 Certified Ent., and then performed at various music festivals, including South by Southwest.
- Her second EP, ‘Tina Snow’, is named after her alter ego according to her. The EP contains ten singles and has received positive response from all sections of the media. In 2018, Thee Stallion became the very first female rapper to be signed by the record label 300 Entertainment, and within a few months, she made it to the top 100 list on Billboard Hot charts with the single ‘Big Ole Freak.’ She collaborated with the artistes Wale and Bhad Bhabie for the singles ’Poledancer’ and ‘Bestie’.
- Megan Pete was born on February 15, 1995, in Houston, Texas, to Holly Thomas, a former rapper who went by the stage name of Holly-Wood. She was raised by her mother who used to take her to the studio while recording.
- Her mother supported her ambition of being a rapper. However, she wanted Megan to mature before entering the industry. Holly Thomas was skeptical about her daughter’s lyrics and the ‘sexual and ratchet’ contents of her songs.
- After a short break, Thee Stallion resumed her education in 2019 at the Texas Southern University, pursuing a degree in health care.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed