Jack Brooksbank Biography
Jack Brooksbank is a British wine merchant and socialite best known for his relationship with Princess Eugenie of York. Brooksbank and Princess Eugenie got engaged in January 2018, post which the Buckingham Palace announced the news of their wedding. Soon after their engagement, the couple was congratulated by the Duke and Duchess of York, and the British Prime Minister Theresa May among many other dignitaries. Jack Brooksbank too comes from a royal background as he is a descendant of the Brooksbank baronets. He is currently serving as the brand ambassador of ‘Casamigos Tequila,’ which was co-founded by the popular Hollywood actor George Clooney.
- Jack Christopher S. Brooksbank was born on May 3, 1986, in London, England, to George and Nicola Brooksbank. He was raised along with his younger brother, Thomas. Jack Brooksbank was enrolled at the prestigious ‘Stowe School’ in Buckinghamshire, from where he completed his high school education. After his high school education, Brooksbank skipped attending university and started working in the hospitality industry. His first job after finishing the school education was at the ‘Admiral Codrington’ pub in Chelsea, South West London.
- Jack Brooksbank began his career as a waiter in the ‘Admiral Codrington’ pub. He then started working in the hospitality industry, which took him to places like the famous ‘Markham Inn’ gastropub in Chelsea. After working at ‘Markham Inn’ for a few years, Jack started working as a manager at ‘Mahiki’ club in Dover Street, London. In 2010, he quit his job at ‘Mahiki’ to start his own wine business. Apart from running his business, which he set up in August 2016, Jack is also currently serving as the brand ambassador of ‘Casamigos Tequila,’ owned by the popular Hollywood actor George Clooney.
- Jack Brooksbank met Princess Eugenie during a holiday in Verbier, Switzerland. Eugenie at that time was studying English literature, politics, and history of art at the ‘Newcastle University,’ while Jack was working as a waiter at a cocktail bar named ‘Devonshire Terrace.’ Jack Brooksbank began to hog the limelight when he started dating Eugenie publicly. The couple was spotted at various events and charity organizations. They were even spotted enjoying a double date with Prince Harry and his then girlfriend Cressida Bonas. After dating for seven years, Jack proposed to Eugenie when they were holidaying in Nicaragua, Central America. The formal engagement took place in January 2018, and their official engagement pictures were taken at the Buckingham Palace. Soon after their engagement, their wedding date was announced. In April 2018, Jack and Eugenie moved from St James’s Palace to their new residence in Ivy Cottage at Kensington Palace.
- Princess Eugenie’s mother is the great-great-granddaughter of Lady Julia Coke, who happens to be the daughter of Jack’s great-great-grandfather. This makes Jack and Eugenie distant cousins. Jack’s father, George Brooksbank, worked as a chartered accountant and is currently working as the director of his company. He lives in an apartment in London along with his wife, Nicola.
- In 2013, photographs published by a tabloid revealed Jack’s inappropriate behavior with a stripper during his 21st birthday celebrations. These photographs went viral on the internet and were later removed. Apart from this controversial birthday celebration, Jack has always maintained a low profile. He is also been described as ‘gentle’ and ‘intelligent’ by many of his friends and relatives.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed