Isac Elliot Biography
Finnish pop star Isac Elliot's career graph is the stuff dreams are made of. At the young age of 15, he has released two hit albums under the prestigious Sony Music Entertainment label, gone on tour with One Direction and has collaborated with the likes of Tyga and ABBA. His fan base spans across Europe and a vast legion of ardent admirers who call themselves 'Ellioteers' are rooting for him every step of the way. Add to this the fact that he won an MTV Europe Music Award when he was just 13 and his first concert in Norway was sold out in just eight minutes - and now you know why Isac Elliot's career is almost like a fairy-tale! As he gears up to spellbind America (and the rest of the world, by the way) with his upcoming projects and tours, here is a comprehensive introduction into the inspiring journey of one of the most exciting teen pop stars of our times.
- It is remarkable how fame "sought" IsacElliot, rather than it being the other way around. His first grade music teacher was the first to discover his potential, and upon her insistence, he applied, auditioned and became a part of the renowned boy choir, Cantores Minores, at the age of six. It was through the choir that he got to do a series of musicals at the national theatre in Finland, one of which was produced by ABBA's Benny and Bjorn. Elliot recollects this as one of the most memorable moments from his early years.
- Soon after discovering that the pop music genre was his forte, an 11-year-old IsacElliot recorded a song he had written titled 'My Favorite Girl' and sent it to the major labels. What he assumed to be an exercise in learning to handle rejection transformed into the defining moment that marked his ascendance to stardom; for instead of a rejection letter, Elliot had landed a contract with Sony Music Entertainment!
- Though primarily identified as a pop musician, being a choir member and learning classical music at a very young age has helped Elliot learn a lot about singing techniques. He has two major inspirations when it comes to the decision of pursuing pop music as a solo artist - Justin Bieber and Usher. So, how does he define his own music? Elliot has done enough self-analysis to know."I would say my music is urban-pop flavored with dance and club. I like strong big melodies and I guess lyrical melodies are my strong suit. At the end of the day, it's pop music, but I like to think I have my own style that separates me a bit," says the Finnish heartthrob.
- Following his sign-up with Sony Entertainment, Elliot released his debut single, 'New Way Home', in February 2013. This was followed by his debut album, 'Wake Up World', in May 2013. The album peaked at No.1 on the Finnish Albums chart and No.4 on the Norwegian Albums chart. In the same year, the prestigious Billboard magazine placed Elliot in the 11th place in its "Next Big Sound" list in the Future Star section. The young man’s meteoric rise has made him a teen icon in his country and inspired a documentary, 'Dream Big - The Movie', which chronicled his musical journey.
- In November 2014, IsacElliot released his second studio album, 'Follow Me', which peaked at No.6 on the Finnish Albums Chart. This was followed by the hugely successful 'Save a Girl' tour. Since then he has gone on to release a handful of non-album singles and his first EP, 'A Little More' (in mid-2016).
- For IsacElliot, the greatest blessing has been the fact that music runs in the family and that he has a great mentor in his father, Fredrik Lunden (who, by the way, is a lead singer in the Finnish band, 'The Capital Beat'). He credits his father for being a constant source of support. The singer is winding up 2016 on a high - his US tour (in November) was well-received and by gaining a foothold in North America, Elliot's aspirations to be a truly global pop star received a major fillip. So, how does he feel about all this success and adulation and the tremendous fortune of getting to do what you love? Quite humbled, and extremely thankful. And Isac Elliot is fully aware that all of this can vanish in the blink of an eye.
- Everything is looking good, but you never know. In the music business, the only thing that is for certain is that everything is uncertain. I am happy for everything I have gotten to see and experience thus far and I hope I get to meet a lot of new and amazing fans as the year moves on," observes Elliot.
- It's the kind of insightfulness that should stand Isac Elliot in good stead as the years roll by and he continues on his artistic journey.
- IsacElliot has an eponymous official app where his fans can connect with him and socialise besides gaming and exploring his discography.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed