Isabela Moner Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Isabela Yolanda Moner
Born Country: United States
Born in: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Patrick Moner
mother: Katherine Moner
siblings: Gyovanni Moner, Jared Moner
U.S. State: Ohio
education: Ohio Virtual Academy
Isabela Yolanda Moner is an American actress, singer, and dancer of Peruvian-American descent. Acting from the age of six, Moner has appeared in Broadway, TV shows, and films. She performed alongside Ricky Martin in a Broadway production of ‘Evita’ in 2012. She became part of the ‘Nickelodeon’ stable when she landed the role of CJ Martin in the popular children sitcom ‘100 Things to do Before High School’ (2014–2016). Since then, she has taken up different roles, such as voicing the character of Kate in ‘Dora and Friends: Into the City,’ playing a recurring role in NBC’s sitcom ‘Growing Up Fisher,’ and portraying Izabella in ‘Transformers: The Last Knight.’ The website ‘teen.com’ has termed her ‘The Next Victoria Justice.’ She is quite active on various social media platforms. One of her long-time wishes came true when she launched her own YouTube channel on July 12, 2012. At present, the channel has more than 11 million views and 303 thousand subscribers.
- Isabela Moner was attracted to performing arts from a young age. She started singing when she was a child and performed her first play when she was six years old. In 2008 and 2009, she participated in ‘Youngstown Superstar Competition’ and ‘Playhouse Square Rising Star’ respectively, both of which she won.
- At the age of 10, she was cast in her first Broadway play ‘Evita,’ which was based on the 2006 ‘West End’ production. Besides Ricky Martin as Che, the play also starred Elena Roger as Eva, Michael Cerveris as Perón, and Rachel Potter as Mistress. Moner alternated with Maya Jade Frank for the role of the child. The show received three ‘Tony Award’ nominations.
- In 2013, she played the role of Wendy in a production of ‘Fly’ in Dallas. She was also invited to appear in Broadway shows, such as ‘Billy Elliot,’ ‘Peter Pan,’ and ‘Les Misérables.’
- Isabela Moner debuted on the small screen with the TV movie ‘The Next Big Thing: NY’ in 2012. She made her feature film debut in 2013 when she was cast as young Nadia in Henry Barrial’s directorial venture ‘The House That Jack Built.’
- She played the recurring role of Jenny in the ‘NBC’ comedy ‘Growing Up Fisher,’ where she got the opportunity to work alongside J. K. Simmons, Jenna Elfman, and Jason Bateman. ‘NBC’ canceled the show after airing 13 episodes. She also voiced the character of Kate in the series ‘Dora and Friends: Into the City’ which premiered on August 18, 2014. It is a sequel to the original series, ‘Dora the Explorer.’
- Isabela Moner also voiced the character of Ava in ‘Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover’ video game, which was released in 2017. She then voiced Heather in the computer-animated comedy film ‘The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature,’ which released on August 11, 2017.
- Moner practiced karting on a racetrack when she landed a part in the series ‘100 Things to Do Before High School.’ The show premiered in USA on November 11, 2014, with the last episode airing on February 27, 2016.
- She portrayed Lori Collins in the TV movie ‘Splitting Adam’ in 2015, and Sadie in ‘Legend of the Hidden Temple’ in 2016. Both films premiered on ‘Nickelodeon.’ In 2016, she worked with Griffin Gluck in the live-action/animated family comedy film ‘Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life,’ based on a novel of the same name by authors James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts.
- She was cast as Izabella, a new character in the franchise, in the fifth instalment of the live-action ‘Transformers’ film series. The film also starred actors like Anthony Hopkins, Stanley Tucci, and Mark Wahlberg. She was also a part of ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado),’ a sequel to the critically acclaimed 2015 film ‘Sicario.’
- Her first and only album till date ‘Stopping Time’ was released on September 18, 2015, by ‘Broadway Records.’
- In 2018, she starred as Lizzy alongside Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne in the critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie ‘Instant Family.’
- In May 2018, Moner was cast to play Dora in the film adaption of the popular ‘Nickelodeon’ series ‘Dora the Explorer.’ Released on August 9, 2019, the film titled ‘Dora and the Lost City of Gold’ has Eugenio Derbez, Michael Peña, and Eva Longoria playing important roles. In 2019, she was cast to play a prominent role in a romantic comedy film titled ‘Let It Snow.’
- Isabela Moner was born on July 10, 2001, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, to Katherine and Patrick Moner. Katherine, who is originally from Peru, works as a talent hunter. Patrick, a Louisiana native, is a small business owner. Moner has two brothers namely, Jared and Gyovanni. According to her, she is culturally more Peruvian than American.
- Moner and fellow ‘Nickelodeon’ star Jace Norman were friends for many years before they started dating in April 2016. Norman has been portraying the titular character in the sitcom ‘Henry Danger’ since 2014. Moner and Norman broke up in November 2016. In 2017, it was reported that she is dating actor and Instagram star Dylan Summerall.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed