Hu Yi Tian Biography
Hin Yitian is a Chinese model, actor and musician who has recently risen to fame as a rom-com star in Chinese television series. Hu’s height helped kick start his career as a model and his success paved the way for his foray into acting recently. Hu’s acting career, although brief, has been very successful, garnering a large and devoted fan following, as well as several awards for his work, in the space of a year. He is also a burgeoning musician and performed the theme song for one of his most popular series. He was rumored to be in a relationship but has recently become embroiled in a cheating scandal, after rumors regarding his hotel-room liaisons with an unknown woman caused some concern amongst his fans.
- Hu Yitian (pinyin: Hú Yītiān) was born on December 26, 1993 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China to a Han family. He has stated in interviews that he was a popular student in high school, and no stranger to female attention, even as a teenager. Not many details of his early upbringing have been made public at this time.
- Although he majored in landscape architecture, Hu indicated that he would have pursued a career in banking/ design, had he not been discovered and ushered into show business.
- Hu first appeared on television as a four-year-old guest star in the series ‘Happy Camp’ (1997). He was featured in four episodes.
- After an extended break from acting, he made his debut as an adult in ‘Rush to the Dead Summer’ (2017) as the student Ou Jun.
- This minor role brought him unexpected recognition and led to a lead role in the hit 2017 web series ‘A Love So Beautiful’ where he plays aloof romantic lead and genius-next-door Jiang Chen, opposite Shen Yue’s Chen Xiaoxi. Hu and Shen’s pairing proved so popular that it ignited rumors of a real-life romance, which neither actor has confirmed. The 3rd China Pan-Entertainment Award Ceremony recognized the show as a ‘Top 10 Web Series’ and, during its runtime on Tencent Video, it garnered over 3.5 billion views, making both its stars household names. Hu notably performed the end theme song for this series, ‘It’s a Dream’.
- Between February and April 2018, Hu appeared on season three of the reality game show ‘Twenty-Four Hours’ on Zhejiang TV as a regular cast member.
- Given his success, Hu was also approached to play Hua Wuque in ‘Handsome Siblings’ (2018), an upcoming period drama based on Gu Long’s 1966 wuxia novel ‘Juedai Shuangjiao’ about twin brothers who are separated at birth and pitted against each other. Hu has stated in interviews that he is apprehensive about making the shift from modern melodramas to period pieces.
- Hu is also rumored to be making a special appearance as Wu Bai in another 2018 drama ‘Go Go Squid!’ Details about this role are scarce. Additionally, his agency’s Weibo releases mention 2 unnamed modern dramas starring Hu coming later this year.
- 2017 brought Yu much recognition–he was notably awarded the ‘Beautiful Idol of the Year’ award at the 2017 Cosmo Beauty Ceremony.
- His work on ‘A Love So Beautiful’ specifically won him the ‘Most Promising Actor’ award from the Tencent Video Awards as well as the ‘New Generation Young Actor Awards’ from the 9th China TV Drama Awards in 2017.
- Although there has been speculation about Hu’s relationship with his co-star Shen, neither actor has confirmed it these rumors. However, Hu recently faced some backlash for calling his costar ‘plain’ in an interview and speculating that she was cast to allow fans who were not ‘pretty’ themselves to relate to her.
- In June 2018, however, Hu became embroiled in a sex scandal with internet personality Bei Ye Bei. He was allegedly caught on camera entering a hotel room with his assistant, where he reportedly cheated on his girlfriend with her. Bei states that he deleted her from his contacts immediately after the video was released, and angered by this treatment, she made audio tapes of him in bed with her public soon after. Hu apparently discusses recreational drug usage and calls his costar Shen ‘ugly’ in these recordings. Hu has not commented on this incident but has faced significant backlash nonetheless.
- Hu is one of the highest paid media personalities in mainland China and reportedly has a $50 million RMB fee for projects.
- While working as a model, he appeared in several Weibo videos.
- His star sign is Capricorn, while his Chinese zodiac sign is the Rooster.
- He has a mole at the tip of his nose, which has become a beloved trademark amongst his fans. Hu has stated that, although he initially disliked it, he has now embraced its appeal.
- Hu enjoys online shopping, cooking and crafting. He has reportedly made his own leather wallet and his favorite foods include fried chicken, pork jerky and squid. He does not enjoy alcohol, however, and prefers his coffee with milk.
- He has named his fans ‘Mahjongs’ and wants to be known as ‘Teacher Hu’ within this exclusive circle.
- Hu’s favorite colors include black, white and grey and he is a self-professed fan of romantic films (as opposed to horror flicks).
- Hu is an avid gamer, preferring it to basketball.
- The actor would like to deviate from his rom-com roots soon– his dream role is that of a twisted serial killer.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed