Georgia Ford Biography
Boyfriend: Donald Cumming
Sun Sign: Cancer
Born in: Chicago, Illinois
Famous as: Actress, Harrison Ford’s Daughter
father: Harrison Ford
mother: Melissa Mathison
siblings: Ben Ford, Liam Flockhart, Malcolm Ford, Willard Ford
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
Georgia Ford is an American actress. She is the daughter of Hollywood screen legend Harrison Ford and his second wife, screenwriter Melissa Mathison. With their father being one of the most private actors in the industry, Georgia, along with her brother Malcolm and half-brothers Ben and Willard, got the chance to experience a relatively normal childhood. She attended Wildwood School in Los Angeles, California, and had always harboured aspirations to follow her father’s footsteps into the world of acting. Georgia made her screen debut in 2013 with the comedy film ‘American Milkshake’. She subsequently appeared in the 2015 crime drama ‘True Story’ and the short film ‘The Visitor’. In 2016, Harrison revealed that Georgia has been suffering from epilepsy since she was a young child.
- Georgia’s first film was David Andalman and Mariko Munro’s directorial venture, ‘American Milkshake’ (2013). Also starring Leo Fitzpatrick, Shareeka Epps, and Tyler Ross, the film was a critical and commercial failure. She subsequently appeared in the 2015 crime drama ‘True Story’, in which she got the chance to work with James Franco, Jonah Hill, and Felicity Jones. Her most recent role was in Ferran Mendoza Soler’s short film ‘The Visitor’, which was released in November 2016 in Spain.
- Georgia Ford was born on June 30, 1990, in Chicago, Illinois, the United States of America. Her parents were actor Harrison Ford and renowned screenwriter Melissa Mathison. In a career spanning over five decades, Harrison has brought to life some of the greatest characters in pop culture history, including the titular character in the Indiana Jones films, Han Solo in the Star Wars films, and Rick Deckard in the Blade Runner films. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of John Book in the 1985 thriller ‘Witness’. Known as filmmaker Steven Spielberg’s right-hand woman, Mathison had written the screenplays for ‘The Black Stallion’ (1979), ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’ (1982), ‘The Indian in the Cupboard’ (1995), and ‘The BFG’ (2016, posthumous release). In 1983, she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’. Mathison died of neuroendocrine cancer on November 4, 2015.
- Georgia has an older brother named Malcolm, who was born on October 3, 1987, and is a vocalist and singer currently attached to the alternative/indie band The Dough Rollers. Mathison was Harrison’s second wife. They married on March 14, 1983. Prior to Mathison, Harrison was married to chef Mary Marquardt. They married on June 18, 1964, and divorced on October 3, 1979. Harrison and Marquardt have two children together, Ben and Willard. As Georgia has followed her father’s footsteps, Ben has his mother’s and has become a well-known chef and restaurateur who owns two Ford's Filling Station gastropubs, situated at The Marriott, L.A. Live, Los Angeles, and at LAX Terminal 5. Furthermore, he has co-written the popular gastronomy book ‘Taming the Feast: Ben Ford's Field Guide to Adventurous Cooking’. Willard, on the other hand, is a successful entrepreneur and is the owner of the Strong Sports Gym, a boxing gym located in Los Angeles.
- Harrison and Mathison’s marriage did not withstand the test of time. They separated in August 2001, and ultimately divorced on January 6, 2004. As divorce settlement, Harrison had to pay her $85 million ($118 million, according to some sources), which was the costliest celebrity split at the time.
- After their separation and prior to their divorce, in 2002, Harrison began dating actress Calista Flockhart, who gained prominence for portraying the eponymous character in Fox’s legal comedy-drama ‘Ally McBeal’ (1997-2002). About seven years later, he proposed to her during the Valentine’s Day weekend in 2009. She accepted and they married on June 15, 2010, in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Georgia is the adoptive sister of Flockhart’s adopted son, Liam, as her father and Flockhart are raising him together.
- Georgia has dated American actor, singer, songwriter, and musician Donald Cumming, who was previously affiliated with the New York City band The Virgins. They released two albums before splitting in 2013. Since then, Cumming has embarked on a solo career and released his debut solo album, titled ‘Out Calls Only’, in June 2015.
- On March 7, 2016, while delivering a speech at the New York University Langone Medical Center's Find a Cure for Epilepsy and Seizures (FACES), Harrison informed the audience about Georgia’s epilepsy. He stated that Langone's Dr Orrin Devinsky and FACES had been of great service to his family, and offered them his thanks. Furthermore, he revealed that Georgia had her first seizure when she was a child. The second one happened a few years later on a beach in Malibu, California. However, she was initially misdiagnosed. It was during the period when she was studying in London that Georgia had another attack and was brought to NYU where Dr Devinsky made the correct diagnosis and subsequently helped her fight the disease with the right medication and therapy.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed