Floriana Lima Biography
Boyfriend: Casey Affleck
Sun Sign: Aries
Born Country: United States
Born in: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Famous as: Actress
U.S. State: Ohio
City: Cincinnati, Ohio
education: Ohio State University
Floriana Lima is an American actress who is best known for her role of Maggie Sawyer in The CW's ‘Supergirl’. She of her other prominent roles include that Elizabeth in the web series ‘Poor Paul’, Nurse Rosa 'Ro' Quintero in Fox’s ‘The Mob Doctor’, Miranda Riggs in ‘Lethal Weapons’, and Krista Dumont in ‘The Punisher’. An Ohio native, Floriana Lima has always been interested in cinema. She studied at Fairfield Senior High School before enrolling at Ohio State University for a degree in communications. After graduating from there, she was briefly employed as a production assistant at NBC4 in Columbus, Ohio. Later, she relocated to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams of becoming an actress. Lima made her screen debut in a 2008 episode of Fox’s ‘Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles’. In the ensuing years, she has established herself as one of the most prominent television actresses.
- After earning her communications degree from Ohio State University, she joined NBC4 in Columbus, Ohio to work as a production assistant. Eventually, Floriana Lima left that job and moved to Los Angeles, California with the aspirations of an acting career.
- In 2008, Floriana Lima appeared in the season-one episode, ‘The Turk’, of Fox’s sci-fi drama action series ‘Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles’. That year, Lima also guest-starred in the season-three episode, ‘Rebound Bro’, of the CBS sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’, the pilot episode of the short-lived The CW comedy-drama series ‘Privileged’, and the episode, ‘Henry and the Terrible, Horrible No Good Very Bad Day’, of the short-lived NBC surreal drama series ‘My Own Worst Enemy’.
- Between 2008 and 2009, she appeared as Elizabeth in 19 episodes of ‘Poor Paul’. Written by Geoff Hoff and Steve Mancini, the show was broadcast on YouTube and Blip.
- This was the first important role in Lima’s career. Besides her, Kevin G. Schmidt and Samantha Droke also starred in the series.
- In 2009, she made guest appearances on shows like CBS’ supernatural drama ‘Ghost Whisperer’ and The CW drama ‘Melrose Place’. She also starred in the direct-to-video venture, ‘The Alyson Stoner Project’, in the same year. In 2010, she played Maya in two episodes of the TBS comedy-drama series ‘Glory Daze’. Later that year, she worked with Ali Cobrin, Shelley Dennis, and Alex Enriquez in writer/director Richie Keen’s comedy telefilm ‘Kings by Night’. She appeared in two TV projects in 2011, miniseries ‘The Nine Lives of Chloe King’ and the TNT legal comedy-drama series ‘Franklin & Bash’.
- In 2012, she began portraying Nurse Rosa 'Ro' Quintero in the Fox series ‘The Mob Doctor’. The show garnered poor reviews from critics and audience alike and was cancelled after airing 13 episodes. Lima continued to play guest roles in TV shows like CBS’ action police procedural drama ‘Hawaii Five-0’ (2013), USA Network’s mystery-comedy ‘Psych’ (2014), and CBS’ procedural forensics drama ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’. In 2015, she essayed the role of Fran in the telefilm ‘Cloudy with a Chance of Love’.
- In 2015, she was part of the main cast of yet another short-lived series, the NBC spy drama ‘Allegiance’. The US adaptation of the Israeli show of the same name, the series was developed by George Nolfi. Lima portrayed FBI Special Agent Michelle Prado. In the following year, she acted alongside the likes of Joan Allen, Rupert Graves, Alison Pill, and Margot Bingham in Jenna Bans’ mystery-thriller series ‘The Family’, in which Lima played a local reporter named Bridey Cruz. The show premiered on ABC in March but was pulled off the air two months later.
- From 2016 to 2017, she was seen in the 25 episodes of the TV series ‘Supergirl’. She was also seen in the first two seasons (2016-18) of Fox’s buddy cop action series ‘Lethal Weapons’. In 2019, Floriana Lima was seein in the character of psychotherapist Dr Krista Dumont in the second season of Netflix’s ‘The Punisher’.
- Floriana Lima was born on March 26, 1981, in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA,. Her ancestors came to the US from Italy, Ireland, England, Spain, and Portugal. She was a student of Fairfield Senior High School, from where she graduated in 1999. She then joined Ohio State University and eventually obtained a degree in communications from there.
- Since 2016, Lima has been in a relationship with Academy-Award-winning actor, Casey Affleck.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed