Evie Clair Biography
Evie Clair is an American singer and pianist who touched high levels of fame with her appearance on the talent hunt show ‘America’s Got Talent’. She entered the show as a contestant for its twelfth season, but before that, she had already made her mark as a musician much earlier than her national television stint. She debuted on-stage at Hale Theatre at the age of 8 and sang the award winning video cover of the famous song ‘Take on Me’. She performed as it was expected of her, and her training in music definitely showed up. Ever since her successful run at ‘America’s Got Talent’, she has become a sensation and has released some original songs such as ‘For You’ and ‘Love You one more Time’. Her cover for Christina Perri’s famous song ‘Arms’ on the reality show also brought her added attention from the industry. Following her ouster from the show, she embarked on a nationwide tour and further explored new possibilities in the world of music.
- Evie Clair was born on 2nd December 2003 in Florence, Arizona to Hillary and Amos in a big family. Fascinated with the world of music since the age of 2, she started trying her hands on piano first, before she developed a voice and started practicing her singing skills as well.
- Evie was a keen music enthusiast since her early days and made her first major stage appearance at the age of 8 in the Halo Theatre. Most of her musical influences were derived from her grandmother, who was musician and her mother, who happened to be a music scholar.
- The vibes around the house were always musical and Evie spent most of her time playing music with her older brother and three sisters. She cites her mother as the biggest influence on her as far as music war concerned.
- In order to further find an audience for her music, Evie started her self-titled YouTube channel, where she uploaded her covers of famous songs. Some of her best known covers are ‘Cheap Thrills’ by Sia and Regina Spektor’s ‘Two Birds’. This helped her gain popularity among the youth and as she embarked into teenage, she was already making some money off her musical talent.
- Evie first came into the mainstream focus after she won a competition to become the singer of theme song of an indie movie titled ‘Once I was a Beehive’. She also performed on the single during the movie’s premier. This further led her to contribute to another successful soundtrack titled ‘For You’.
- Apart from being a pianist and a singer, she also tried her hand in song writing and wrote some songs for her cousin. Going through all these small and big projects, she was somehow away from the fame she truly deserved, but not for long.
- Her decision to write and record an original single, titled ‘Love You One More Time’ turned out to be the biggest breakthrough of her career. The song was released digitally on different platforms and was loved by thousands, further taking her popularity to another level.
- By the year 2017, she had already auditioned for ‘America’s Got Talent’ twice in a row and failed to leave a mark. But her third attempt did the wonder, and she was selected as one of the contestants of the show.
- Although she was one of the most loved contestants, she couldn’t enter the final top 5. During her final performance on the show, she performed on ‘What a Wonderful World’ and mesmerized the judges and the audiences. She also received standing ovations countless times from the judges during her run on the show.
- Following her ouster from the show, she became an instantly celebrity and without wasting any time, she embarked on a nationwide tour.
- Apart from that, she has also sung the American national anthem during a Diamondbacks Game and has helped in the recording of soundtrack of ‘Cokeville Miracle’. She has also been the winner of 2014’s ‘Arizona’s Rockin’ With Talents’.
- Evie Clair is extremely close to her parents and says that she endeavours for bigger feats to make them feel proud of her.
- Her father suffered from cancer while she was competing in ‘America’s Got Talent’ and she dedicated her performance on the song ‘Arms’ to him. The video went viral on the Internet and the performance received standing ovation from the audiences and judges on the show.
- In order to gather funding for her father’s treatment, she ran a crowd-funding campaign, which was a success.
- On September 7, 2017, her father, Amos Abplanalp, passed away due to cancer.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed