Eva Amurri Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Eva Maria Olivia Amurri Martino
Born in: New York City, New York, United States
Famous as: Film Actress
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Eva Amurri Martino is an American film and television actress. She is well-known for her roles in ‘Dead Man Walking’, ‘Saved!’, and ‘The Life Before Her Eyes’. She is currently married to Kyle Martino and they have two children; a son and a daughter, together. She played minor roles in the world-famous TV shows ‘FRIENDS’ and ‘How I Met Your Mother’. Amurri has worked alongside her own mother Susan Sarandon where they both played the roles of mother and daughter. Her best-known role is Ginger Kingsley in ‘The Banger Sisters’. Although, she hasn’t been in many movies or TV shows for major roles, she is known for her beautiful looks. She made her TV debut in 1999 and her film debut in 1992. Amurri believes that an actor is not just defined by their career. There are many more things in the world other than having a successful career and an actor must strive hard to get all those and not just focus on their career.
- Eva Amurri was born Eva Maria Livia Amurri in New York City, on 15th March 1985. Her father, Franco Amurri, was an Italian film director while her mother, Susan Sarandon, was an American actress. Eva was brought up in Italian culture as Susan’s maternal ancestry was Italian. She has Italian, English, Irish, German, and American ancestry.
- Amurri grew up in an environment conducive to acting, as both her parents were actively involved in the American film industry.
- Eva attended the Friends Seminary in Manhattan. She graduated from the Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn, New York. Later, she graduated from the Brown University.
- Eva was very good in her academics and like every other school kid she wanted to be an astronaut when she grew up. However, since she was not very fond of mathematics and acting was her first love, she decided to become an actress.
- Amurri grew up as a tomboy and her mother, Susan, used to cut her hair personally. As a child, Eva was so fond of sweets that she used to steal them from film sets and would hide it in her room as sugar was not allowed in the Amurri house.
- Eva Amurri’s career started when she made her film debut in 1992 with the film ‘Bob Roberts’. Her role in the film was, however, small.
- She played the nine-year-old Helen Prejean in the 1995 American crime drama film, ‘Dead Man Walking’. The adult role of Sister Helen Prejean was portrayed by her own mother, Susan Sarandon.
- In 1999, she made her TV debut in ‘Earthly Possessions’ and also acted for a minor role in a film ‘Anywhere but Here’. In 2001, she was cast alongside Susan Sarandon where she was slapped by her mother on screen.
- In 2002, she had a major role in the Susan Sarandon starrer comedy film, ‘The Banger Sisters’. She played Ginger Kingsley in the film.
- From 2002 to 2008, Eva was cast in a number of films including ‘Saved!’, ‘The Education of Charlie Banks’, ‘The Life Before Her Eyes’, ‘NewYork, I love You’, ‘Middle of Nowhere’, and ‘Animals’.
- In 2009, she made a comeback in TV shows through ‘Californication’ in which she appeared in 9 episodes. She also played Shelly in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ for an episode.
- After her comeback on TV, she made quite a few guest appearances in TV shows like ‘Mercy’, ‘House’, ‘Children’s Hospital’, ‘Fish Hooks’, ‘New Girl’, ‘Guys with Kids’, and ‘The Mindy Project’.
- In 2011, she played a major role in the film ‘Isolation’. In 2012-13, she appeared in films like ‘That’s my Boy’, ‘AmeriQua’, and ‘Stag’. She also had a comparatively major role in the TV series ‘Undateable’.
- She played young Gladys Monroe Mortensen in 2 episodes of the miniseries ‘The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe’. In 2016, she played a major role as Gayle in the drama film ‘Mothers and Daughters’. In Mothers and Daughters, she worked in an ensemble cast with Courtney Cox, Selma Blair, Christina Ricci, Paul Wesley, and more.
- Her first major work was the role of a nine-year-old Helen Prejean in ‘Dead Man Walking’. She was cast as the childhood of Susan Sarandon, her own mother.
- Her next major role was in the comedy film ‘The Banger Sisters’, starring Susan Sarandon and herself, where she played Ginger Kingsley.
- In the 2004 American teen comedy drama film, ‘Saved!’, Eva played the role of Cassandra Edelstein. Cassandra is a Jewish girl and the only one to attend American Eagle in the film. This was a major breakthrough for her career.
- She appeared with Jesse Eisenberg in the 2007 drama film ‘The Education of Charlie Banks’. In the same year, she was cast as Maureen in the thriller, ‘The Life Before Her Eyes’.
- She played Grace Berry in the coming of age drama film, ‘Middle of Nowhere’ in 2008. She was cast alongside her mother Susan Sarandon.
- She played the role Jackie, the stripper in the TV series, ‘Californication’ which was a comedy drama television series.
- She co-hosted an episode of ‘Attack’, with Kevin Pereira, as a guest host.
- In 2003, Eva won the ‘Young Artist Award’ for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress for ‘The Banger Sisters’.
- In 2013, Amurri was nominated for the award of Best Actor in a Feature Film at the L.A. Comedy Film Festival and Screenplay Competition for her role in ‘Stag’.
- Eva is married to Kyle Martino, former Major League Soccer player and sports broadcaster. They got married on 29th October, 2011. She was famously said to have received Kyle’s proposal a day after her Maxim photo shoot which is believed to be quite revealing. Eva and Kyle’s wedding was hosted by Tim and Susan.
- The couple has two children - a daughter, born in August 2014, and a son, born in October 2016. She also had a miscarriage of nine weeks in August 2015.
- Eva is a regular blogger on her blog ‘Happily Eva After’. She has hazel colored attractive eyes and a natural red tinge to her hair.
- Eva has two half-brothers – Miles Robbins and Jack Henry Robbins.
- Eva is often observed teasing her mother, Susan, on her carelessness about fashion. Her grandfather, Antonio Amurri, and her paternal aunt, Valentina Amurri were both writers.
- Eva has often said that acting is an excellent way to be many things and by way of acting one can be different people and not stay the same old person every day.
- She holds to the idea that if a person teaches kids to develop mentally, socially, and physically without charging anything, then the person should be considered an angel. Eva has expressed the wish to be an educator or a teacher.
- Eva’s photograph portrait taken by Robert Mapplethorpe in 1988 is a part of the permanent collection in the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
- As of August 2017, Eva Amurri’s net worth is estimated at around $5 million.
Eva Amurri Movies
1. Dead Man Walking (1995)
2. Bob Roberts (1992)
3. Saved! (2004)
4. The Education of Charlie Banks (2007)
5. Middle of Nowhere (2008)
(Drama, Romance, Comedy)
6. The Life Before Her Eyes (2007)
(Mystery, Thriller, Drama)
7. New York, I Love You (2008)
(Romance, Comedy, Drama)
8. Anywhere But Here (1999)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed