Erin Siena Jobs Biography
Erin Siena Jobs is one of the four children of Steve Jobs. She is the third child of the world famous American entrepreneur, inventor, industrial designer, and business tycoon, born through his wife, Laurene Powell Jobs. Born to affluent and educated parents, Erin has probably seen all the comforts in her life. She grew up with her siblings, elder brother Reed and younger sister Eve. She also has a half-sister, Lisa Nicole Brennan-Jobs, through his father’s early association with American painter and writer Chrisann Brennan. Erin comes across a quiet person and likes to lead a private life. She does not divulge much about her life and whereabouts. However, it is a known fact that she is skilled in architecture and design, a trait she probably inherited from her dad, who had a great sense of design. Following the demise of Steve Jobs, Erin, along with Reed and Eve, has maintained a modest lifestyle away from all the limelight.
- She was born amidst all the luxury as by that time Steve Jobs had already co-founded ‘Apple Inc.’ along with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne, and then left the company to form his own American computer and software company ‘NeXT.’ In February 1997, when Erin was a mere toddler ‘NeXT’ was merged with ‘Apple Inc’ and eventually Jobs became the Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. As children of this extremely successful business magnet, inventor and industrial designer, Erin along with her other siblings, garnered a lot attention.
- Erin was born on August 19, 1995, in California, US, to Steve Jobs and his wife Laurene Powell as their first daughter and the second child together. Her mother, Laurene, is an American businesswoman, executive and the founder of ‘Emerson Collective’ and co-founder and president of the ‘Board of College Track’ that readies unprivileged high school students for college. Erin’s elder brother, Reed, was born in September 1991, while her younger sister, Eve, was born in May 1998.
- Her father got into a controversy when he denied paternity of Lisa Brennan-Jobs. Lisa was born to Chrisann Brennan with whom Steve Jobs had an on-off relationship for several years. Jobs denied paternity of Lisa for several years leading to a legal case. This controversy led to a DNA paternity test, which established him as Lisa's father. Jobs later reconciled and acknowledged Lisa as his daughter. As per Lisa’s wish, he legally changed her birth certificate, altering her name to Lisa Brennan-Jobs from Lisa Brennan.
- Erin lost her father on October 5, 2011, due to respiratory failure which was medically related to relapse of a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor, diagnosed and treated way back in 2003. Following Jobs death, Erin’s mother inherited the ‘Steven P. Jobs Trust.’ Forbes 2016 list ranked Erin’s family at 44th position among the billionaires across the globe. It also mentioned Erin’s mother, Laurene, as the wealthiest woman in the technology industry. However, with all the riches and opulence at their disposal, the Jobs children including Erin lead a modest life.
- Erin is a very quiet person, some sort of an introvert, and prefers to maintain a private life. She had an emotionally distant relationship with her father, who also led a private life. She had no inkling of how to get close to the genius. Nevertheless, she picked up her father’s skills in architecture and design.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed